Repigmentation And New Growth Of Hairs After Anti–interleukin-17 Therapy With Secukinumab

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what's crazy? There's another post on this forum about zinc-thymulin, and this is a quote from a study about thymulin's action:
Given its anti-inflammatory potential, thymulin downregulates the release of inflammatory mediators, such as cytokines and chemokines, upregulates anti-inflammatory factors, such as interleukin (IL)-10, and exerts molecular control via the regulation of transcription factors and mediators.
http://www.eurekaselect.com/120076/article

Last edited:

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what's crazy? There's another post on this forum about zinc-thymulin, and this is a quote from a study about thymulin's action:
Given its anti-inflammatory potential, thymulin downregulates the release of inflammatory mediators, such as cytokines and chemokines, upregulates anti-inflammatory factors, such as interleukin (IL)-10, and exerts molecular control via the regulation of transcription factors and mediators.
http://www.eurekaselect.com/120076/article
Is there a difference between interleukin 10 & 17?

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
This would be completely insane if legit, now I wonder how long it would take them to pass a load of trials so that it could be used as a cosmetic procedure.... hopefully there would be ways round this and places like turkey would just do it for a fee

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend has psoriasis on the scalp along with balding... Lucky bastard he can go and get this prescribed and injected.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow at this age this is stunning
The drug is available in many countries and with a molecular mass of only 147 you can use this as topical on the scalp no issue

actually its molecular mass is not 147 Daltons, but 147944 Daltons, surpassing the corneal layer limit of 500 by 296x.
- its a monoclonal antibody (mAb), hence the suffix -mab in secukinumab.
- since it's a protein, the only viable vehicle is an aqueous buffer. any other vehicle will like mess up its structure (denaturation, ethanolic denaturation of proteins, etc)
- the person who said mesotherapy gun could be onto something. It makes sense. However, mesotherapy are very prone to go systemic.
- since proteins are very big in size and complex, they are very fragile and a cold chain (2ºC - 8ºC) must be preserved until administration. even freezing can denature its structure in most cases.
- monoclonal antibodies are extremely expensive. I don't know how much would a session cost but in my country a single dose (vein) is 1200 USD.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uhhhhhh......Are we sure that’s the same patient? The guy has way fewer visible wrinkles in the after picture, both on the forehead and in the armpits and arms. Not to mention he’s gained what looks to be at least 30 pounds.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Three agents that block IL-17 are investigated at the moment. Secukinumab, brodalumab and ixekizumab have successfully completed phase II clinical trial and are currently at phase III [11]. The results are very promising.
i assume the other 2 should produce the same results more or less , they are on the market as : siliq(brodalumab) and taltz(ixekizumab) , but they are both expensive as f*** as it seems

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
A combination of nortriptyline and desloratidine was shown to decrease the amount of IL-17 produced in mice.

PMID 21696713

Also the active form of vitamin D has been shown to severely impair IL-17 production

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A combination of nortriptyline and desloratidine was shown to decrease the amount of IL-17 produced in mice.

PMID 21696713

Also the active form of vitamin D has been shown to severely impair IL-17 production

Wow, interesting. IdealForehead was on desloratidine. How do we prepare this stuff for topical use?

Sunbathing is also good? are tanning beds a good idea for the winter or for people that cannot go at the beach due schelude?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there's a (now) well-known relationship between vitamin D and hair loss, especially in difuse hair loss/telogen effluvium.
I've seen my eyebrows and forearms repopulate a few weeks after 1000 iu/day vitamin D3.

I thinks it's PMID 21696712, not 21696713.
Since desloratadine is capable of modulate some aspects of immune cells trafficking, this contributes to the theory of a autoimmune component in androgenetic alopecia, and probably a similar mode of action behind ciclosporine (rivertown)

There are some people that fails to attain normal vitamin D levels even when exposed to sun (PMID:17426097)
and there are worldwide increasing deficits of vitamin D, especially in indoor workers (PMID: 23790560). OTC supplementation would be a preventive, empirical measure in all hair loss regimes.

sito

Reaction score
this is how cosentyx is applied:

EDIT: https://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog/clinical-trial-tests-secukinumab-as-alopecia-areata-treatment/

Last edited:

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the article indicates that the patient had plaque psoriasis and effects were noticed starting from month 6.

from Cosentyx Sensoready Pen leaflet:

Plaque psoriasis
The recommended dose is 300 mg (2 pens) of secukinumab by subcutaneous injection with initial dosing at Weeks 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4, followed by monthly maintenance dosing. Each 300 mg dose is given as two subcutaneous injections of 150 mg.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cosentyx price per 2 pens : around 4800 USD.
Patent expiration (when cheaper biosimilars (generics) could appear): 2020-10-08

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
All the good sh*t costs a kidney.
Tsuji is going to cost $137,000. Good luck unless you’re loaded.