Regular Tsuji Updates... Unfortunately They Are In Japanese!

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! I am Fuji Maru Kagurazaka.
I live in Tokyo, Japan. Thank you.

It's here! The latest hair follicle regeneration technology.

Professor Tsuzi's team succeeded in animal experiments of "hair follicle regeneration" in which hair follicles are cultured and regenerated and transplanted in vitro.

The key is to cultivate stem cells.

Two kinds of stem cells, epithelial and mesenchymal, are collected from hair follicles (A), and they are arranged in a high density in two layers in a collagen gel (B).

In this way, the mass of cells (hair follicle base group, C) that will become the source of hair follicles is regenerated.

When this is transplanted into the mouse, the regenerating hair follicle primordia grafts and hair grows (D).

※ Photo provided by RIKEN

7.JPG

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything new here.

A magazine had a review article on Tsuji's research, this is the article. That's all.

This.

Science is f*****g hard. Solving a problem like this is f*****g hard. They hyped it up for marketing and investor purposes. They wanted to get as much as they could out of it, so they made all sorts of bold claims of "curing hairloss by 2018" or whatever to get headlines.

Meanwhile, they're still in the kindergarten stage of actually coming up with a solution to the problems underlying hair cloning. Cloning hair in a rat is different from cloning hair in a human. And any stem cell or cloning technology will likely need very long (5+ year) safety studies to prove all those cloned follicles and/or stem cells aren't going to become defective and turn into tumors over time.

Plus the technology will need to be scaled and put into a workflow that can be mass reproduced.

It will therefore be at least 5-10 years AFTER the first follicles are successfully cloned and transplanted that this will even plausibly become a broadly available treatment modality.

If you aren't on aggressive anti-androgen therapy, and are just holding out hope that you can let all your hair die and Tsuji will magically bring it back next year, you're just playing games with yourself.

Hair cloning is not realistically going to be available for broad usage until the mid 2020s at best. No use in "monthly updates". Not much will happen month by month, and you have a long wait ahead of you.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This.

Science is f*****g hard. Solving a problem like this is f*****g hard. They hyped it up for marketing and investor purposes. They wanted to get as much as they could out of it, so they made all sorts of bold claims of "curing hairloss by 2018" or whatever to get headlines.

Meanwhile, they're still in the kindergarten stage of actually coming up with a solution to the problems underlying hair cloning. Cloning hair in a rat is different from cloning hair in a human. And any stem cell or cloning technology will likely need very long (5+ year) safety studies to prove all those cloned follicles and/or stem cells aren't going to become defective and turn into tumors over time.

Plus the technology will need to be scaled and put into a workflow that can be mass reproduced.

It will therefore be at least 5-10 years AFTER the first follicles are successfully cloned and transplanted that this will even plausibly become a broadly available treatment modality.

If you aren't on aggressive anti-androgen therapy, and are just holding out hope that you can let all your hair die and Tsuji will magically bring it back next year, you're just playing games with yourself.

Hair cloning is not realistically going to be available for broad usage until the mid 2020s at best. No use in "monthly updates". Not much will happen month by month, and you have a long wait ahead of you.
"5 years" that would be true if the FDA regulated it, and you really don't think Tsuji knows that's cloning hair in a human is different than cloning hair on a mouse? A lot of these treatments are hyped up like crazy, but this man has admitted to struggles everytime there is one and everytime so far he's overcame it, these guys are the real f*****g deal.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
"5 years" that would be true if the FDA regulated it, and you really don't think Tsuji knows that's cloning hair in a human is different than cloning hair on a mouse? A lot of these treatments are hyped up like crazy, but this man has admitted to struggles everytime there is one and everytime so far he's overcame it, these guys are the real f*****g deal.

I'm not saying any of that is false. I'm just saying this is just marketing hype at this point and you guys are falling for it.

He's researching. Nothing more. He has not had any massive new breakthrough with human hair cloning that I'm aware of. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But it's not like you can actually just set a time table to say "I'm going to cure baldness within the next year", and just because you said it, it will be true.

Plenty of other researchers all over the world are working tirelessly to make innovations in stem cells and organ regeneration and the field is not EXPLODING with new real world therapies.

I'm sure he's not the one who has hyped up all this marketing. He is just a guy doing science that found some good financiers, and they used the marketing hype to bring him the money he needed to test the theories he has.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying any of that is false. I'm just saying this is just marketing hype at this point and you guys are falling for it.

He's researching. Nothing more. He has not had any massive new breakthrough with human hair cloning that I'm aware of. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But it's not like you can actually just set a time table to say "I'm going to cure baldness within the next year", and just because you said it, it will be true.

Plenty of other researchers all over the world are working tirelessly to make innovations in stem cells and organ regeneration and the field is not EXPLODING with new real world therapies.

I'm sure he's not the one who has hyped up all this marketing. He is just a guy doing science that found some good financiers, and they used the marketing hype to bring him the money he needed to test the theories he has.
He hasn't had a breakthrough because he can't do clinical trials until he has the equipment he needs which is currently being built. I don't get your point, this guy is extremely knowledgeable about every topic when it comes to human hair, he not only fooled us but one of the largest cosmetics company in the world too if thats what you're saying.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In a way though, it is beneficial for these hair loss companies to exaggerate and make false claims about them being on the verge of breakthroughs because it helps generate enthusiasm from investors for them. If they told the truth that the science is not there yet and their products were years off nobody would want to invest and it wouldn't go anywhere. So the hyping actually helps get the product faster because it helps the companies get the investor's money.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
In a way though, it is beneficial for these hair loss companies to exaggerate and make false claims about them being on the verge of breakthroughs because it helps generate enthusiasm from investors for them. If they told the truth that the science is not there yet and their products were years off nobody would want to invest and it wouldn't go anywhere. So the hyping actually helps get the product faster because it helps the companies get the investor's money.
I don't get what's being exaggerated? Their timeline? I think we're so used to seeing bald and thinning guys everywhere, we're not mentally prepared for a full out cure in a sense, especially since we've been disappointed over and over.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score

There's always somebody who pretend to know much
ok, I ll prepare a 2 page essay by tuesday

Lol…and please quote relevant reference when necessary.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't seen so many people down in a while after a translated post that mentions nothing to get sad about, especially after a couple days ago it was revealed that Tsuji had overcome another hurdle.

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! I am Fuji Maru Kagurazaka.
I live in Tokyo, Japan. Thank you.

This PDF file is introduced as a news release on Organ Technologies Inc. web site on October 10, 2017.

Organ Technologies' website recently renewed the entire site.

Organ-Technologies-Inc.jpg

Also note that on the following pages, clinical trials for humans will begin in 2018.

"Reference material"
"Our business model in hair regeneration medical hair regeneration medicine"
http://www.organ-technol.co.jp/business/hair-follicle-regeneration/

8.JPG

In hair regeneration medicine, it is an autograft that collects stem cells from the patient's own normal hair follicle, processes the hair follicle primordium, and transplants it to the patient himself.

In male pattern baldness, at a medical institution, a small number of hair follicles are collected, the contract manufacturing company separates the stem cells from the hair follicles, cultures and amplifies them, and produces regenerated hair follicle base by the organogenic base method To do.

Package this regenerated hair follicle base, transport it to a medical institution, and transplant treatment regenerative hair follicle base group to a patient in a medical institution.

We are currently pursuing research and development with a view to clinical application of hair follicle regeneration as the world's first organ regeneration in humans in 2018.

But this PDF file is scheduled to start in 2019, is not it?

The matter of renewal of Organ Technologies Inc.'s website is posted on my blog.

2017/09/14 06: 00
"Organ Technologies official website renewal! "
http://hairlosscure100.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-58.html

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

Last edited:

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In other post, Tsuji said March 2019 for starting humans trials.
Well it seems that not...They will start in 2018.

"We are currently pursuing research and development with a view to clinical application of hair follicle regeneration as the world's first organ regeneration in humans in 2018".

This is really what the hair transplant industry needs!