Regular Tsuji Updates... Unfortunately They Are In Japanese!

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The tantalizingly close prospect of organ technologies hair primordium treatment is the best treatment possibility in the pipeline for us...
Listening to the interview they did, and then doing some research on the people and organizations involved informs us that these people are the real deal and they have put the R & D into this decades ago and now have the science and resources to deliver.

So It has been an absolute relief to know something that could really help is on the way.

...But the apparent silence that comes after these announcements is dispiriting. It would be really nice to hear how things are going. Noissettes email was great, they updated us with news of overcoming the biggest of biological hurdles, meaning that this treatment is becoming an ever more realistic prospect.

Hellouser going to japan will also be a great opportunity for an update on progress.

...But in the meantime, I find that the only place that news is released on this science is on the Japanese organ technologies website, and quite regularly too. We moan that they say nothing, but it isn't true, they just say it in japanese!!

surely one of you speaks japanese on this site! Translate this PDF please!

http://www.organ-technol.co.jp/uploads/2017/10/etRouge-vol.14_1710.pdf
We need to have a member that speaks Japanese at all times, or somebody learn it for our sake. Somebody could also try and edit this PDF in order to copy and paste it onto google translate to at least get a decent idea of what it's saying.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything new here.

A magazine had a review article on Tsuji's research, this is the article. That's all.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I put the document into a translator software. It didn't turn out very well, but it's the best I could do. Here it is if someone can make heads or tails of it.

Attachments

• tsuji.ja.en.docx
    307.4 KB · Views: 424

Toccata

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing'll restore your hope in a cure like an optimistic Japanese translation...

fFORjTj.png

Poetic tsufff...
Young bald Shokei from around the world,
The world of hair cloning've seen in a dream is,
Do you soon realize.
Well then, come with me believe!
Well then, onward to the future!
RPem95P.jpg

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! I am Fuji Maru Kagurazaka.
I live in Tokyo, Japan. Thank you.

I translated an article published in this magazine.

The magazine is Nikkei BP's "et Rouge 2017 No.14" 2017. September issue.

Basically it is a fashion magazine for women, but a lot of medical related articles are also published.

Guest: Dr. Takashi Tsuji

RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology:RIKEN CDB
Laboratory for Organ Regeneratio
Takashi Tsuji's Laboratory

1992 Graduate School of Science and Technology of Kyushu University completed.

After research activities at the JT Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Tokyo University of Science etc., from 2014 to RIKEN.

We aim to establish "next generation regenerative medical technology" to regenerate organs.

"I was impressed by Kyoto University, Professor Okada Okada's life in the test tube" (Iwanami Shoten 1976), I read it when I was young, to the path of biology "(Dr. Tsuji).

Interviewer: Kitamura Masahi

Science / medical journalist.

Nonfiction writer. He joined Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. in 1992 and engaged in writing and editing in medical and health-related magazines.

After leaving 2009, I write as a free journalist with magazines, books, internet media and so on. I am struggling day to day to convey the wonder and the greatness of the human body as a living thing. Book "SUGUI BODY" (Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.) etc.

Liver, kidney, essential

Hair is hair, but hair.

Hair is hair, but hair. Hair is important.

Regardless of the person's particular attention to the hairstyle, the hair is "there" or "there is no" is a theme that can not be overlooked regardless of gender, east and west, men and women.

When it becomes "playable" by Japan mediated medical technology ... ... ....

The liver, kidney and essence of this time, close up the hair.

Photos: Tsuyoshi Ogawa Text: Masahi Kitamura Editor: Yuko Sano

4.JPG

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

For human beings "hairless kemono", the existence of hair.

In terms of how to grow hair, humans are unique in mammals.

As a mammal is known as Kemono (hair material), the whole body is covered with body hair is the standard.

Of course not only dogs and cats, but also biological classifications are chimpanzees and gorillas very close to humans, with crowded hair growing throughout the body.

However, human hair is conspicuous only in limited areas such as the head.

Other than that, there is "there is something", but it is thin and thin compared to the hair of the head, and its presence is small, so we
The hair of "hair" is given a special name, and it distinguishes it from other body hair.

In the path of biological evolution, it was about 7 million years ago that human ancestors separated from chimpanzees.

The ancestral body of those days was said to have been covered with thick hair.

After that, why hair other than hair was lost?

In terms of evolutionary logic, it seems that there was some advantage in living the harsh natural environment.

For example, by losing hair, it became possible to regulate body temperature with the evaporation of perspiration, but only the head remains hair to block sunlight,
A theory such as is advocated.

In any case, the hair distribution with hair other than the head is one of the characteristics that makes humans more human.

And, perhaps, it is the fate of such a body with living things, or the smell of modern times that is far away from nature

Even "hair care" is treated as an important issue in health and beauty. Well, although there are differences in appearance, "hair" and
Basically, it is almost the same mechanism that "other body hair" is made. Either hair is a tubular organ "hair follicle" behind the pores

In "Hair Cells" are actively divided.

This cell sequentially dies while accumulating protein called keratin inside, and it solidifies and becomes hair.

Hair is a collection of dead cells.

Then, what is the difference between hair and other hair?

First of all, let's focus on each "growth period".

Hair consists of "growing period" in which hair matrix cells proliferate furiously and "growing period" in which division is stopped, "hair regrows", "hair grows" "growing

Period, "" regressive period "to stop division," stop period "when hair goes out periodically.

In the case of hair, it usually grows for about 3 to 6 years, and it is replaced.

The speed of growth is about 15 centimeters in a year.

On the other hand, the growth period of body hair other than hair is much shorter.

Eyebrows and eyelashes grow only in 1 or 2 months and will escape, so they will grow only 1 or 2 cm.

Growth period of body hair such as arm and face is shorter, 2-3 weeks.

The length is not even 1 cm, it is much thinner than the hair, so it is almost inconspicuous. I am controlling the growth period of hair
, "Hair papilla" located at the deepest part of the hair follicle.

"Depending on the signal emitted by the dermal papilla, the division of the hair matrix is promoted or suppressed, and the thickness of the hair is also hair

They are determined by the directives of these.

The hair papilla can be said to be the "commander to control hair growth and destiny".

Professor Tsuji, who studies organ regeneration medicine at RIKEN, says:

The nature of the dermal papilla has been determined for each part since birth.

1.JPG

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

Last edited:

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Basically it is a fashion magazine for women, but a lot of medical related articles are also published.

After research activities at the JT Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Tokyo University of Science etc., from 2014 to RIKEN.

We aim to establish "next generation regenerative medical technology" to regenerate organs.

"I was impressed by Kyoto University, Professor Okada Okada's life in the test tube" (Iwanami Shoten 1976), I read it when I was young, to the path of biology "(Dr. Tsuji).

Nonfiction writer. He joined Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. in 1992 and engaged in writing and editing in medical and health-related magazines.

After leaving 2009, I write as a free journalist with magazines, books, internet media and so on. I am struggling day to day to convey the wonder and the greatness of the human body as a living thing. Book "SUGUI BODY" (Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.) etc.

Liver, kidney, essential

Hair is hair, but hair.

Regardless of the person's particular attention to the hairstyle, the hair is "there" or "there is no" is a theme that can not be overlooked regardless of gender, east and west, men and women.

View attachment 66954
View attachment 66956
I don't see any importance to this?
Oh my bad just saw your second post, awesome thank you for posting, didn't really know any of that.

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

For example, the hair papilla of the head has the property of continuing to grow for 3 to 6 years, so the hair (hair) growing there is long and thick.

On the other hand, because the arm papilla finishes growing in about two weeks, it becomes thin furrowed hair.

"Even though the hair follicle is cut out and transplanted to another place such as the chest, the grown hair will continue to grow.It is not affected by the transplant place,

It keeps quality "(Professor Tsuji)

The function of male hormones makes hair thin like body hair.

Let's talk to "thin hair" which is worrisome, "I know the fate of hair depends on the hair papilla".

Thin hair is called medically alopecia and several causes are known, but the most common onset is "male pattern baldness"

This is a symptom that about 30% of adult males develops, and rarely occurs in women.

Recently, because the name "Androgenetic Alopecia" which is abbreviation of English Androgenetic Alopecia is common in TV commercials etc., remember

There will be many people there.

Androgenetic Alopecia has two characteristics.

One is a pattern of depilation.

Only the hair at the hairline and the top of the head is thin, the back of the head and the temporal part are typically left.

And the other is the number of hair.

Contrary to the name "hair depilation", in fact the number of hair has not decreased.

The quality of the growing hair changes as if thin, thin like hair other than hair.

The causative substance of such change is "male hormone".

This is a hormone that induces male-like characteristics of the body, and within the body of men the amount of secretion increases significantly after puberty.

Although it is less than men, it is also in the body of a woman.

In the dermal papilla of a person who becomes Androgenetic Alopecia, a 5 α reductase which converts the male hormone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT)

The element is expressed.

Male hormones that came to dermal papilla on blood flow are converted to DHT by this enzyme, and hair follicles that produce hair are produced

To the hair follicle of the hair, "It will change my fate and become thinning hair

"It is said that this enzyme is not expressed in hair papilla of a site which does not become thinning with Androgenetic Alopecia .When this site

Whether it is expressed is genetically determined. "(Professor Tsuji).

After puberty, as the number of male hormones in the body increases, only the hair of the site where this enzyme is expressed is thin

The pattern of nature is decided by nature

"It is said that this enzyme is not expressed in hair papilla of a site which does not become thinning with Androgenetic Alopecia .When this site

After puberty, as the number of male hormones in the body increases, only the hair of the site where this enzyme is expressed is thin

2.JPG

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

As such, as the elucidation of the mechanism of onset of Androgenetic Alopecia progresses, an effective treatment method has also appeared.

Therefore, advertisements are urged to encourage treatment such as "Talk with your doctor when you become Androgenetic Alopecia".

Currently, as an inhibitor of the enzyme causing Androgenetic Alopecia, "Finasteride" (trade name Propecia) "Dutasteride" (quotient

There are two kinds of medicines, namely Zagalo (product name), and it is possible to suppress the progress of Androgenetic Alopecia by taking preventive measures.

However, these treatments are effective for early stage Androgenetic Alopecia, but are considered to be ineffective in advanced cases.

A more powerful method is "self-planting". The hair follicles are collected from the back of the head and transplanted to the area where thinning has progressed.

As mentioned above, since hair follicles in the occipital region do not express Androgenetic Alopecia-causing enzymes, it is not affected by the enzyme,

Even when transplanted, grow thick and solid hair in the back of the head.

The hair is usually about 100,000.

Even though the total number does not increase by replacing about several thousand of these "by replacing," the appearance impression changes considerably.

However, as it turns out, "the total number does not increase", so there is a limit.

"Replanting" is something like a layout change.

So now, the world is paying attention to hair regeneration by regenerative medicine

State-of-the-art organ regeneration research brings "regeneration of hair".

"Regenerative medicine that got into full swing from around 2000 can be divided into four generations depending on the progress degree of technology," Professor Tsuji (right column)

Currently, the second generation that transplants cultured tissue pieces such as skin sheets are put into practical use.

Professor Tsuji studied the 3rd generation "Organ regeneration" technology, and so far has developed complexity of teeth, salivary glands, lacrimal glands, follicles, etc.

We succeeded in organ regenerating a three-dimensional structure.

Hair follicles are the same as the sebaceous glands and sweat glands, such as organs of the skin.

"Each hair follicle is an organ that can regenerate only in the cycle of growth, regrowth → regression → pause in individual cycles" and Tsuji

Living.

In other words, "regeneration of hair" is a trial to go ahead in regenerative medicine research, reconstructing hair follicles = three-dimensional organs (organs)
It is an organ that can repeat pause and regenerate only in our body "Professor Tsuji
In other words, "regeneration of hair" is a trial to go ahead in regenerative medicine research, reconstructing hair follicles = three-dimensional organs (organs)

It is.

Professor Tsuji's "hair regeneration" process is like this.

First take out the hair follicles and collect two kinds of stem cells from there.

From these stem cells, regenerate a mass of cells (hair follicle base) to be the source of hair follicles.

Transplant this to a thin hair part, grow hair (lower column).

The animal experiment has already been successful and it is said that he is conducting research aiming for clinical trial in 2019.

By increasing the number of stem cells, it is possible to transplant a number exceeding the harvested hair follicles, so that the total number can be increased.

Depending on the efficiency of culture, if you can create a large amount of hair follicles with minimal tissue collection, its merits are quite large clinical trials
We are pursuing research aimed at.

By increasing the number of stem cells, it is possible to transplant a number exceeding the harvested hair follicles, so that the total number can be increased.

Depending on the efficiency of cultivation, if you can create a large amount of hair follicles with a slight tissue collection, the merit is quite large.

In the area of beauty formation, there is also advertisement publicity advocating "wrinkle removal", such as a line, as "regeneration".

However, considering scientific evidence, such as the sustainability of the effect, "how to handle the word" reproduction ", regeneration

It is a challenge for medical society, "Professor Tsuji says.

Well, the key to hair follicle regeneration is "placement of stem cells" when creating "regenerative hair follicle base".

As shown in the figure below, two kinds of stem cells, "epithelial stem cell" and "mesenchymal stem cell", are compartmentalized in a collagen gel

Place densely.

"How to arrange stem cells, it was difficult to establish that technology," Professor Tsuji said.

Actually, researchers from around the world have tried various culturing methods for follicle regeneration but have not succeeded for over 30 years

It was.

"How to stack 100 thousand ping-pong balls" (Professor Tsuji), the researchers kept searching.

Meanwhile, Professor Tsui remembered the approach of "imitating the way the living body is doing", a breakthrough

It was.

Since we succeeded in regenerating various organs using the same method, the cultivation method which divides it into two layers apparently is a living thing

"Principle of the Foundation" when the body of the fetus occurred in the fetal stage of the occurrence of organs, reproduced fairly well under artificial culture

It seems to be.

Dr. Tsu thinks "Organ regeneration is fundamentally different from technology that creates rockets."

"Development of a rocket is a process of inventing something that was not in the world, whereas organs, living beings,

Things already made. It is important to learn from it "(Professor Tsuji).

Regenerative medicine is generally regarded as "advanced technology" and is often referred to as "technique for manipulating natural phenomena at will"

It is done in a viewpoint.

However, Professor Tsuji's idea is completely opposite.

And, "Since we have a viewpoint to learn universal nature's activities through regenerative medicine, we will have a technological breakthrough

It is suggestive that it was obtained.

Actually, even if all the hair that had grown disappears, there is no change in life.

In that sense, "Takaka Hair".

However, when we wish for that "regeneration", the basic principles of life will emerge.

Indeed, "hair, but hair" is.

3.JPG

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Progressive regenerative medicine research.

First generation stem cell transfer therapy

Cells (stem cells) with proliferation / differentiation potential are collected and transplanted to the affected area.

If stem cells proliferate well in the body, it leads to tissue regeneration.

"Bone marrow transplant" used for leukemia and others is a typical example.

Second generation tissue regeneration

Cultivate stem cells ex vivo, create tissue consisting of single cells, transplant.

In recent years, "culture epidermis" for burn treatment and "myocardium sheet" for use in treating heart failure are put to practical use.

Third generation organ regeneration

"Organ" composed of plural kinds of cells is cultured outside the living body and transplanted. Advanced technology to reproduce three-dimensional structure. recent years,
In animal experiments it succeeded in regenerating "hair follicles" and "teeth".

Fourth generation organ regeneration

Regenerate and transplant "organ system" containing multiple organs. Dr. Tsui's team will release epidermis, dermis, skin from mouse iPS cells in 2016
Successful culture regeneration of "skin organ system" including sebaceous gland, hair root and so on.

"Regenerative medicine" aiming at regeneration of organs and tissues is classified into four generations at the technical level. It is the 2nd generation that is put into practical use. The "cell sheet" of burn injury equivalent to the 2nd generation is a sheet composed of a single kind of cells, and it does not have sweat glands, hair follicles, etc.

I will live on the skin, but it will have an unnatural appearance. From the third generation onwards, "reorganization of organs and organs having the same structure as living organisms"
, And it is technically extremely difficult.

Created from Mr. Tsuji's documents

5.JPG

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Age will come when you check your health with hair !?

Hair is an aggregate of dead cells. Originally it is a living body organization.

If you analyze the composition of the extended hair, you can understand the state of the past from now.

"Current health checks focus on examination of blood and urine, but there are also issues such as large diurnal variation.

Past health data is accumulated in the hair, and it is promising as an analysis target to know the health condition.

I'd like to build a system for health examination with hair in future "(Prof. Tsuji).

6.JPG

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Liver, kidney, essential

Hair is hair, but hair.

View attachment 66954
View attachment 66956

For human beings "hairless kemono", the existence of hair.

In terms of how to grow hair, humans are unique in mammals.

As a mammal is known as Kemono (hair material), the whole body is covered with body hair is the standard.

Of course not only dogs and cats, but also biological classifications are chimpanzees and gorillas very close to humans, with crowded hair growing throughout the body.

However, human hair is conspicuous only in limited areas such as the head.

Other than that, there is "there is something", but it is thin and thin compared to the hair of the head, and its presence is small, so we
The hair of "hair" is given a special name, and it distinguishes it from other body hair.

In the path of biological evolution, it was about 7 million years ago that human ancestors separated from chimpanzees.

The ancestral body of those days was said to have been covered with thick hair.

After that, why hair other than hair was lost?

In terms of evolutionary logic, it seems that there was some advantage in living the harsh natural environment.

For example, by losing hair, it became possible to regulate body temperature with the evaporation of perspiration, but only the head remains hair to block sunlight,
A theory such as is advocated.

In any case, the hair distribution with hair other than the head is one of the characteristics that makes humans more human.

And, perhaps, it is the fate of such a body with living things, or the smell of modern times that is far away from nature

Even "hair care" is treated as an important issue in health and beauty. Well, although there are differences in appearance, "hair" and
Basically, it is almost the same mechanism that "other body hair" is made. Either hair is a tubular organ "hair follicle" behind the pores

In "Hair Cells" are actively divided.

This cell sequentially dies while accumulating protein called keratin inside, and it solidifies and becomes hair.

Hair is a collection of dead cells.

Then, what is the difference between hair and other hair?

First of all, let's focus on each "growth period".

Hair consists of "growing period" in which hair matrix cells proliferate furiously and "growing period" in which division is stopped, "hair regrows", "hair grows" "growing

Period, "" regressive period "to stop division," stop period "when hair goes out periodically.

In the case of hair, it usually grows for about 3 to 6 years, and it is replaced.

The speed of growth is about 15 centimeters in a year.

On the other hand, the growth period of body hair other than hair is much shorter.

Eyebrows and eyelashes grow only in 1 or 2 months and will escape, so they will grow only 1 or 2 cm.

Growth period of body hair such as arm and face is shorter, 2-3 weeks.

The length is not even 1 cm, it is much thinner than the hair, so it is almost inconspicuous. I am controlling the growth period of hair
, "Hair papilla" located at the deepest part of the hair follicle.

"Depending on the signal emitted by the dermal papilla, the division of the hair matrix is promoted or suppressed, and the thickness of the hair is also hair

They are determined by the directives of these.

The hair papilla can be said to be the "commander to control hair growth and destiny".

Professor Tsuji, who studies organ regeneration medicine at RIKEN, says:

The nature of the dermal papilla has been determined for each part since birth.

View attachment 66959
View attachment 66960

For example, the hair papilla of the head has the property of continuing to grow for 3 to 6 years, so the hair (hair) growing there is long and thick.

On the other hand, because the arm papilla finishes growing in about two weeks, it becomes thin furrowed hair.

"Even though the hair follicle is cut out and transplanted to another place such as the chest, the grown hair will continue to grow.It is not affected by the transplant place,

It keeps quality "(Professor Tsuji)

The function of male hormones makes hair thin like body hair.

Let's talk to "thin hair" which is worrisome, "I know the fate of hair depends on the hair papilla".

Thin hair is called medically alopecia and several causes are known, but the most common onset is "male pattern baldness"

This is a symptom that about 30% of adult males develops, and rarely occurs in women.

Recently, because the name "Androgenetic Alopecia" which is abbreviation of English Androgenetic Alopecia is common in TV commercials etc., remember

There will be many people there.

Androgenetic Alopecia has two characteristics.

One is a pattern of depilation.

Only the hair at the hairline and the top of the head is thin, the back of the head and the temporal part are typically left.

And the other is the number of hair.

Contrary to the name "hair depilation", in fact the number of hair has not decreased.

The quality of the growing hair changes as if thin, thin like hair other than hair.

The causative substance of such change is "male hormone".

This is a hormone that induces male-like characteristics of the body, and within the body of men the amount of secretion increases significantly after puberty.

Although it is less than men, it is also in the body of a woman.

In the dermal papilla of a person who becomes Androgenetic Alopecia, a 5 α reductase which converts the male hormone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT)

The element is expressed.

Male hormones that came to dermal papilla on blood flow are converted to DHT by this enzyme, and hair follicles that produce hair are produced

To the hair follicle of the hair, "It will change my fate and become thinning hair

View attachment 66963
View attachment 66964

As such, as the elucidation of the mechanism of onset of Androgenetic Alopecia progresses, an effective treatment method has also appeared.

Therefore, advertisements are urged to encourage treatment such as "Talk with your doctor when you become Androgenetic Alopecia".

Currently, as an inhibitor of the enzyme causing Androgenetic Alopecia, "Finasteride" (trade name Propecia) "Dutasteride" (quotient

There are two kinds of medicines, namely Zagalo (product name), and it is possible to suppress the progress of Androgenetic Alopecia by taking preventive measures.

However, these treatments are effective for early stage Androgenetic Alopecia, but are considered to be ineffective in advanced cases.

A more powerful method is "self-planting". The hair follicles are collected from the back of the head and transplanted to the area where thinning has progressed.

As mentioned above, since hair follicles in the occipital region do not express Androgenetic Alopecia-causing enzymes, it is not affected by the enzyme,

Even when transplanted, grow thick and solid hair in the back of the head.

The hair is usually about 100,000.

Even though the total number does not increase by replacing about several thousand of these "by replacing," the appearance impression changes considerably.

However, as it turns out, "the total number does not increase", so there is a limit.

"Replanting" is something like a layout change.

So now, the world is paying attention to hair regeneration by regenerative medicine

State-of-the-art organ regeneration research brings "regeneration of hair".

"Regenerative medicine that got into full swing from around 2000 can be divided into four generations depending on the progress degree of technology," Professor Tsuji (right column)

Currently, the second generation that transplants cultured tissue pieces such as skin sheets are put into practical use.

Professor Tsuji studied the 3rd generation "Organ regeneration" technology, and so far has developed complexity of teeth, salivary glands, lacrimal glands, follicles, etc.

We succeeded in organ regenerating a three-dimensional structure.

Hair follicles are the same as the sebaceous glands and sweat glands, such as organs of the skin.

"Each hair follicle is an organ that can regenerate only in the cycle of growth, regrowth → regression → pause in individual cycles" and Tsuji

Living.

It is an organ that can repeat pause and regenerate only in our body "Professor Tsuji

It is.

Professor Tsuji's "hair regeneration" process is like this.

First take out the hair follicles and collect two kinds of stem cells from there.

From these stem cells, regenerate a mass of cells (hair follicle base) to be the source of hair follicles.

Transplant this to a thin hair part, grow hair (lower column).

The animal experiment has already been successful and it is said that he is conducting research aiming for clinical trial in 2019.

Depending on the efficiency of culture, if you can create a large amount of hair follicles with minimal tissue collection, its merits are quite large clinical trials
We are pursuing research aimed at.

Depending on the efficiency of cultivation, if you can create a large amount of hair follicles with a slight tissue collection, the merit is quite large.

In the area of beauty formation, there is also advertisement publicity advocating "wrinkle removal", such as a line, as "regeneration".

However, considering scientific evidence, such as the sustainability of the effect, "how to handle the word" reproduction ", regeneration

It is a challenge for medical society, "Professor Tsuji says.

Well, the key to hair follicle regeneration is "placement of stem cells" when creating "regenerative hair follicle base".

As shown in the figure below, two kinds of stem cells, "epithelial stem cell" and "mesenchymal stem cell", are compartmentalized in a collagen gel

Place densely.

"How to arrange stem cells, it was difficult to establish that technology," Professor Tsuji said.

Actually, researchers from around the world have tried various culturing methods for follicle regeneration but have not succeeded for over 30 years

It was.

"How to stack 100 thousand ping-pong balls" (Professor Tsuji), the researchers kept searching.

Meanwhile, Professor Tsui remembered the approach of "imitating the way the living body is doing", a breakthrough

It was.

Since we succeeded in regenerating various organs using the same method, the cultivation method which divides it into two layers apparently is a living thing

"Principle of the Foundation" when the body of the fetus occurred in the fetal stage of the occurrence of organs, reproduced fairly well under artificial culture

It seems to be.

Dr. Tsu thinks "Organ regeneration is fundamentally different from technology that creates rockets."

"Development of a rocket is a process of inventing something that was not in the world, whereas organs, living beings,

Things already made. It is important to learn from it "(Professor Tsuji).

Regenerative medicine is generally regarded as "advanced technology" and is often referred to as "technique for manipulating natural phenomena at will"

It is done in a viewpoint.

However, Professor Tsuji's idea is completely opposite.

And, "Since we have a viewpoint to learn universal nature's activities through regenerative medicine, we will have a technological breakthrough

It is suggestive that it was obtained.

Actually, even if all the hair that had grown disappears, there is no change in life.

In that sense, "Takaka Hair".

However, when we wish for that "regeneration", the basic principles of life will emerge.

Indeed, "hair, but hair" is.

View attachment 66967
View attachment 66968

Progressive regenerative medicine research.

First generation stem cell transfer therapy

Cells (stem cells) with proliferation / differentiation potential are collected and transplanted to the affected area.

If stem cells proliferate well in the body, it leads to tissue regeneration.

"Bone marrow transplant" used for leukemia and others is a typical example.

Second generation tissue regeneration

Cultivate stem cells ex vivo, create tissue consisting of single cells, transplant.

In recent years, "culture epidermis" for burn treatment and "myocardium sheet" for use in treating heart failure are put to practical use.

Third generation organ regeneration

"Organ" composed of plural kinds of cells is cultured outside the living body and transplanted. Advanced technology to reproduce three-dimensional structure. recent years,
In animal experiments it succeeded in regenerating "hair follicles" and "teeth".

Fourth generation organ regeneration

Regenerate and transplant "organ system" containing multiple organs. Dr. Tsui's team will release epidermis, dermis, skin from mouse iPS cells in 2016
Successful culture regeneration of "skin organ system" including sebaceous gland, hair root and so on.

"Regenerative medicine" aiming at regeneration of organs and tissues is classified into four generations at the technical level. It is the 2nd generation that is put into practical use. The "cell sheet" of burn injury equivalent to the 2nd generation is a sheet composed of a single kind of cells, and it does not have sweat glands, hair follicles, etc.

I will live on the skin, but it will have an unnatural appearance. From the third generation onwards, "reorganization of organs and organs having the same structure as living organisms"
, And it is technically extremely difficult.

Created from Mr. Tsuji's documents

View attachment 66969
View attachment 66970

Arigato gozaimasuuuuuuu!~

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hellouser and @Fuji Maru Kagurazaka ou guys need to link up in Japan. I'm sure Fuji can translate some of he interview questions for you if needed. Just saying if Fuji can cover his own cost of attending the conference then you two should defo link up :D:D

I'm pumped to see what we get !!!!

Age will come when you check your health with hair !?

Hair is an aggregate of dead cells. Originally it is a living body organization.

If you analyze the composition of the extended hair, you can understand the state of the past from now.

"Current health checks focus on examination of blood and urine, but there are also issues such as large diurnal variation.

Past health data is accumulated in the hair, and it is promising as an analysis target to know the health condition.

I'd like to build a system for health examination with hair in future "(Prof. Tsuji).

View attachment 66971
View attachment 66972