regrowth by antiandrogens only , is it possible ?

SnortingFinasteride

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogen does that. You guys have forgotten what 11 year old skin was like now that you are men. You will never have the skin environment that a female has. It doesn't mean its impossible but like he said for people who want long hair and are over 30, only estrogen is going to do that realistically. The downside for us is even with 95% of my hair back I sill have a male hairline so I have to wait a bit more but that's why some MtF's have great "male" gains but stay in our wigs.
With all due respect, i don't think it is a good idea to advertise the use of Estrogen as lightly as you do. Estradiol doesn't have a 100% chance of growing your dormant follicles, and many, many MtFs struggle with hair growth even after seemingly "perfect" cis-female levels (some even have lower T and DHT than a cis-female, yet they remain in wigs). What Estradiol does have a higher chance of, is growing out your breasts, making your infertile and possibly shifting your whole endocrine system and your cognitive function. So personally, to me, i find it very scary to even talk about the use of Estradiol for a cis-guy, let alone add in hardcore AAs like Cyproterone and other castrating drugs..

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
With all due respect, i don't think it is a good idea to advertise the use of Estrogen as lightly as you do. Estradiol doesn't have a 100% chance of growing your dormant follicles, and many, many MtFs struggle with hair growth even after seemingly "perfect" cis-female levels (some even have lower T and DHT than a cis-female, yet they remain in wigs). What Estradiol does have a higher chance of, is growing out your breasts, making your infertile and possibly shifting your whole endocrine system and your cognitive function. So personally, to me, i find it very scary to even talk about the use of Estradiol for a cis-guy, let alone add in AAs loke Cyproterone and other castrating drugs..
People need to bank sperm if still in breeding mode. You pays your money and you takes your changes in life.

Mtf's often stay in wigs not because their hair is bad for a guy. It's just that the hairlines are so different. Women rarely have eroded hairlines. They tend to have diffuse thinning. For an MtF, yes, the crown is easier to fill in. I could deal with where I am as guy the rest of my life as my crown filled in and my temples are eh. The other thing is that females generally frame their faces with hair and that helps us pass as MtF's as the hair get longer provided the quality is good enough to wear long.

jd_uk

Reaction score
If you want real regrowth you need to block all Androgens not just DHT. Ru topically does almost nothing due to poor absorption which is why you've never seen a single user ever post a regrowth progress pictures while only using RU but there have been many who get regrowth only using oral spironolactone, flutamide, Bicalutamide, etc.

Topical absorption through the scalp is very limited unfortunately and is the main barrier to successfully regrowing most of our hair while avoiding systemic side effects
Wtf..really? If thats the case then how would breezula work? And i heard RU is way stronger than CB/breezula ever would be.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Was your stack to be RU plus Duta only? I haven't used RU but people say that it is kind of eh but I don't know. I would think about minoxidil, keto and a blue or green dandruff shampoo. Duta might grow some hair for you especially at your age.
What are some examples of those blue/green shampoos? I use nizoral 2-3 times a week now but do you think I should use another shampoo too? Thanks

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to drop this here. Lol

I am diffuse thinning for a few years now, do you think I will be able to recover from this to baseline again with the usage of anti androgens such as Bicalutamide within Finasteride? I dont remember anymore how my baseline looked like...

Already lost the will to live, it affects the life of a teenage so much...

(17 1/2 yo)

Attachments

• 20210218_104607.jpg
    20210218_104607.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20210218_103320.jpg
    20210218_103320.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210218_103147.jpg
    20210218_103147.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 84

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are some examples of those blue/green shampoos? I use nizoral 2-3 times a week now but do you think I should use another shampoo too? Thanks
Both Head and Shoulders or Selsun Blue should work as well as the unbranded ones next to them on the shelf. Not only do they decrease dandruff but also inflammation. They are also much nicer shampoos than Keto in terms of not stripping the oil from one's hair completely. As you get improvement, you might notice less sebum in your hair and you won't have to wash it twice a day or whatever in the summer. I am not sure where but I have seen studies mentioning these blue sulfate shampoos as helping with hair loss and they are less harsh than Keto. You might try on some days, Keto first and then Selsun Blue or you might want a conditioner so your hair doesn't look thinner from the abrasiveness that Keto can have. Inflammation is showing up more and more as a cause of sheds and hair loss and is short of the hot new thing.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Both Head and Shoulders or Selsun Blue should work as well as the unbranded ones next to them on the shelf. Not only do they decrease dandruff but also inflammation. They are also much nicer shampoos than Keto in terms of not stripping the oil from one's hair completely. As you get improvement, you might notice less sebum in your hair and you won't have to wash it twice a day or whatever in the summer. I am not sure where but I have seen studies mentioning these blue sulfate shampoos as helping with hair loss and they are less harsh than Keto. You might try on some days, Keto first and then Selsun Blue or you might want a conditioner so your hair doesn't look thinner from the abrasiveness that Keto can have. Inflammation is showing up more and more as a cause of sheds and hair loss and is short of the hot new thing.
Thanks. So would you suggest using these in addition to nizoral on the off days? Thing is I'm not using any antiandrogen currently and won't take finasteride (I want my internal hair transplant normal - strength athlete), so I'm using nizoral in the hope it at least provides some help with combating DHT on the scalp. I'm also dermarollong once per week.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. So would you suggest using these in addition to nizoral on the off days? Thing is I'm not using any antiandrogen currently and won't take finasteride (I want my internal hair transplant normal - strength athlete), so I'm using nizoral in the hope it at least provides some help with combating DHT on the scalp. I'm also dermarollong once per week.
I would use both and more often Selsun Blue because this and Head and Shoulders are marketed for females and males for dandruff and inflammation. Keto is necessary too but not every day because it strips all the sebum, even what you need harshly.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I would use both and more often Selsun Blue because this and Head and Shoulders are marketed for females and males for dandruff and inflammation. Keto is necessary too but not every day because it strips all the sebum, even what you need harshly.
OK thanks. Its strange because I've not really had an issue with dandruff. But I do remember over ten years ago when I started losing it at my hairline corners I had terrible dandruff and would scratch away at it just watching dandruff and hair fall on my desk.. probably a terrible idea to have done that. Back then I never knew a thing about hair loss/balding. Years later I'm like a NW3V but have thin hair all over.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK thanks. Its strange because I've not really had an issue with dandruff. But I do remember over ten years ago when I started losing it at my hairline corners I had terrible dandruff and would scratch away at it just watching dandruff and hair fall on my desk.. probably a terrible idea to have done that. Back then I never knew a thing about hair loss/balding. Years later I'm like a NW3V but have thin hair all over.
The dandruff can be a side effect of inflammation but not always. Yeast feed on sebum and excessive sebum grows the yeast colonies who then leave their by-products on our faces and scalps. Some bacteria are similar.