regrowth by antiandrogens only , is it possible ?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well in that case I'd really advise against 1mg daily. Start lower and work your way up.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The simple answer is no. Most people will never regrow a large amount of hair, but recently lost hair can come back where the hair follicles didnt atrophy and kind of go dormant for whatever reasons. Hair follicle cells never really die off completely, we just dont know how to wake them up yet.
AAs are more to prevent, and save hair then regrow it.

JAKE12321

My Regimen
Reaction score
The simple answer is no. Most people will never regrow a large amount of hair, but recently lost hair can come back where the hair follicles didnt atrophy and kind of go dormant for whatever reasons. Hair follicle cells never really die off completely, we just dont know how to wake them up yet.
what do you mean by recently? like a few years ago few months? i started noticing the hair loss at 16-17 so i guess that most of the hairs that died was recently right ? i'd be very happy if i managed to make it as thick as it did 2 years ago

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently 17 1/2 years old and I started finasteride and will start sooner or later (in the next 6months) bica +/spironolactone. I wonder if I can regrow with all that my diffuse thinning. My hairline just started to miniaturize as well. But my top and crown is diffusivily diminshed lol.

And oh no, I can't and I won't take topicals. 1. My scalp is extremly sensitive and no topicals for me, 2. Topicals are such a hassle and dont have a great absorption as tablets/pills.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogen does that. You guys have forgotten what 11 year old skin was like now that you are men. You will never have the skin environment that a female has. It doesn't mean its impossible but like he said for people who want long hair and are over 30, only estrogen is going to do that realistically. The downside for us is even with 95% of my hair back I sill have a male hairline so I have to wait a bit more but that's why some MtF's have great "male" gains but stay in our wigs.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogen does that. You guys have forgotten what 11 year old skin was like now that you are men. You will never have the skin environment that a female has. It doesn't mean its impossible but like he said for people who want long hair and are over 30, only estrogen is going to do that realistically. The downside for us is even with 95% of my hair back I sill have a male hairline so I have to wait a bit more but that's why some MtF's have great "male" gains but stay in our wigs.
Or a transplant if we’d like to keep the anatomy we were born with.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
With any hormones you ought to figure there is a huge risk of pituitary inhibition and RT dependency for life (think bodybuilders and steroids)

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With any hormones you ought to figure there is a huge risk of pituitary inhibition and RT dependency for life (think bodybuilders and steroids)
Yes-- I think we all seem to tend to forget that we are f*****g with our hormones-- and that's usually not a great thing lol

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I have used estrogel on my scalp and feel odd a few days later.. anxious, weak etc
Better using 5ARI+AA+minoxidil and do a transplant. Guess that would be the best "healthy" thing you can do.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Better using 5ARI+AA+minoxidil and do a transplant. Guess that would be the best "healthy" thing you can do.
Can’t really do minoxidil.. it messes with my skin and makes my lines more pronounced etc, also increases my anxiety due to faster heart rate..shame cause it works..so I’m using topical dutasteride atm, no sides as of yet. Might add castor oil, grape seed extract which helps growth supposedly.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can’t really do minoxidil.. it messes with my skin and makes my lines more pronounced etc, also increases my anxiety due to faster heart rate..shame cause it works..so I’m using topical dutasteride atm, no sides as of yet. Might add castor oil, grape seed extract which helps growth supposedly.
My bad, do you use any AA?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or a transplant if we’d like to keep the anatomy we were born with.
Yes. I usually only recommend them for slight recession in the front unless a person has really high fringe. But yes, if I halted now, a few in the corners strategically placed might work but I am hopeful that oral Min and estrogen will keep working for me.