Regimen update - long time dutasteride/RU user

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Man my loss is just staggering right now. On 3/1 my hair wasn't too bad, on 4/1 i started using toppik. It worked great, I was like man, where'd my loss go. And now by 5/1, I can't even use toppik, I don't really have enough hair in the front, looks weird. 44 has not been good to me, I'm recently married too. By the end of the year my wife is gonna be like where the f is the guy i married. That was my last pathetic rant, awaiting for CB to arrive and will try that. Time to man up.

Have you considered adding dermarolling / microneedling to your regimen? And have you thought about using nizoral shampoo 2% every day and leaving it longer than the average 3-5 minutes?

Perhaps try the oral minoxidil again but try starting out at a super low dose and taper up every few days. Also try splitting the dose to 2x-3x instead of consuming all at once.

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried dermarolling, just terrible at keeping it up. I need to be better at it. I use nizoral now, but only once ever 3 or 4 days. I may try oral minoxidil again, but not right away. I have CB coming and Proxhipen ... so going to try those and see what happens.

Dthcore

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you thought about adding topical Dutasteride? I have some on the way from minoxidil max. I’m on trt and I’m getting it to take care of any of the additional DHT conversions that oral Dutas didn’t take care of. Especially when I blast!

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using high amounts of RU for many years, last two years 100mg x 2 daily with no problems.
The only time i got some sides was on 150 mg applied in one go, which was giving me (over several months) puffy nipples and elevated E. All known risks with AA's. Heart problems sounds more like
nocebo effect playing out to me. You read about these allegated sides and you suddenly start to pay attention to every little feeling in your body.
In my 7 year long RU experience, this drug is a relative safe, but i guess our bodies reacts differently. I'm using 10x the amount of estriol OP is using without issues so he may just be super sensitive to these kind of drugs.
what dose of estriol do you take and in your experience, how effective is it?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think estriol is going to do anything except grow breasts. You might as well use estradiol and at least shoot for hair. It just doesn't work to creep up to the line and then throw some estriol in. If estriol does even work some, which it might at insane doses, it needs to be taken parenterally. I have seen one person with estriol in his stack who has had decent growth in a male context but it isn't clear that his growth is all that cosmetically significant and I mean, it's cut short and he can't do anything with his hair. Essentially, all MtF's would have to stay in wigs with that level of regrowth.

Janey

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think estriol is going to do anything except grow breasts. You might as well use estradiol and at least shoot for hair. It just doesn't work to creep up to the line and then throw some estriol in. If estriol does even work some, which it might at insane doses, it needs to be taken parenterally. I have seen one person with estriol in his stack who has had decent growth in a male context but it isn't clear that his growth is all that cosmetically significant and I mean, it's cut short and he can't do anything with his hair. Essentially, all MtF's would have to stay in wigs with that level of regrowth.

Janey
I'm also not sure that estriol solo is capable of growing hair. I have been taking 4mg of estradiol and 2mg of estriol for a long time - now I am at the maximum result. To break the deadlock, I raised the dose of estriol to 6 mg, I will observe the next month/two. If there are no improvements, I will remove estriol and raise the dose of estradiol to 6 mg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also not sure that estriol solo is capable of growing hair. I have been taking 4mg of estradiol and 2mg of estriol for a long time - now I am at the maximum result. To break the deadlock, I raised the dose of estriol to 6 mg, I will observe the next month/two. If there are no improvements, I will remove estriol and raise the dose of estradiol to 6 mg
That's an interesting experiment. I used to use Bi-estro and I think that that might work for some things. I think ultimately though people probably have to use so much that you end up hitting targets. I was hoping that using topicals, back door so to speak.

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
quick update here -

For anyone who was following this thread, I had some chest pains back in Feb. and basically stopped RU and minoxidil. My hair took a tremendous hit. Long story short, my hair was terrible, i added like 3/4 new things to my regimen. I added ORM, Proxiphen, Alfatradiol and estriol. This was in addition to my current regimen, Avodart, RU, Nizoral and minoxidil.

In Oct., my hair seemed okay again, I had all these weird positive thoughts, like man I hope this keeps up for the next 6 months, totally planning my life around my hair, it was kind of sad. However, in Nov, it all went to hell, my hair is worse then before, worst ever.

I think maybe i'm taking too much and maybe should drop the ORM, Alfatradiol and estriol. What do you guys think? Maybe just get back to what i know helped over the years + Proxiphen, I'm not going to drop that. I need to do something, my daily changes are awful and having a hard time dealing with this.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
g
quick update here -

For anyone who was following this thread, I had some chest pains back in Feb. and basically stopped RU and minoxidil. My hair took a tremendous hit. Long story short, my hair was terrible, i added like 3/4 new things to my regimen. I added ORM, Proxiphen, Alfatradiol and estriol. This was in addition to my current regimen, Avodart, RU, Nizoral and minoxidil.

In Oct., my hair seemed okay again, I had all these weird positive thoughts, like man I hope this keeps up for the next 6 months, totally planning my life around my hair, it was kind of sad. However, in Nov, it all went to hell, my hair is worse then before, worst ever.

I think maybe i'm taking too much and maybe should drop the ORM, Alfatradiol and estriol. What do you guys think? Maybe just get back to what i know helped over the years + Proxiphen, I'm not going to drop that. I need to do something, my daily changes are awful and having a hard time dealing with this
dutasteride

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does “ORM” mean oral minoxidil? How much were you taking? Oral min typically produces multiple obvious side effects like hypertrichosis and an intense prolonged telogen effluvium. Did you experience these?

You mentioned you never really got much regrowth on the old regimen. Did you ever try using tretinoin with your topical minoxidil?

Adding 4 new treatments at the same time in Feb makes it difficult to figure out what’s worked and what didn’t. Perhaps just keep the proxiphen for now. Keep in mind dropping oral min might trigger another temporary shed and things might look worse before stabilizing.

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does “ORM” mean oral minoxidil? How much were you taking? Oral min typically produces multiple obvious side effects like hypertrichosis and an intense prolonged telogen effluvium. Did you experience these?

You mentioned you never really got much regrowth on the old regimen. Did you ever try using tretinoin with your topical minoxidil?

Adding 4 new treatments at the same time in Feb makes it difficult to figure out what’s worked and what didn’t. Perhaps just keep the proxiphen for now. Keep in mind dropping oral min might trigger another temporary shed and things might look worse before stabilizing.
hey, thanks for the reply, ORM is actually ORM-15341, it's an antiandrogen.