Recovery From A Norwood 5a Status?! ^.^

hlt4678

Reaction score
Since I don't have the benefit of your previous thread, your posts are a little confusing. How long have you been taking Cypro and Estradiol?

Ok, The first thing that rings alarm bells for me is that 100mg of Cypro seems very high. The common wisdom in the trans community is that 50mg of Cypro is roughly equal to about 200mg of spironolactone. Trans women are recommended to start at around 25mg Cypro and move up to 50mg. But you are taking 100mg Cypro which is the equivalent of 400mg of spironolactone if I'm not mistaken. This is overkill, in my opinion.

If your not transgender then your moving into dangerous territory here. You will grow breasts and it can be permanent. It's your body and you are the boss. Cypro can be harmful to your liver if you are not too careful so do some research on what food is good for the liver and which food you should be avoiding. Take care of yourself and eat healthy.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Come on ppl, repair your follicles with hair transplant and not with b**ch tits making drugs.

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
Since I don't have the benefit of your previous thread, your posts are a little confusing. How long have you been taking Cypro and Estradiol?

Ok, The first thing that rings alarm bells for me is that 100mg of Cypro seems very high. The common wisdom in the trans community is that 50mg of Cypro is roughly equal to about 200mg of spironolactone. Trans women are recommended to start at around 25mg Cypro and move up to 50mg. But you are taking 100mg Cypro which is the equivalent of 400mg of spironolactone if I'm not mistaken. This is overkill, in my opinion.

If your not transgender then your moving into dangerous territory here. You will grow breasts and it can be permanent. It's your body and you are the boss. Cypro can be harmful to your liver if you are not too careful so do some research on what food is good for the liver and which food you should be avoiding. Take care of yourself and eat healthy.
I'm on estra for about 4-5 weeks and on cypro for about 2-3, I was on spironolactone prior to that, like I said I'm trans and I did my study as far as dosage and sides go, I have a pretty healthy diet especially in the hotter seasons if you rule out the occasional pancakes with nuttela xD that is,
But that's not a bad advice I will double check my diet ^.^

Spellbinder

My Regimen
Reaction score
ed- every day,
estra - estradiol
:)

Spellbinder, ca - cyproterone acetate :)

Dnpuntold, yeah recovery is possible. Good Luck!

Thanks for clarifying.

I wonder if I should start with low dosages of spironolactone, as my hair loss is pretty agressive and diffuse seen in my post here https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...on-next-day-after-starting-finasteride.99488/ (diffuse means thinning on the whole Androgenetic Alopecia area at the same time, instead of slowly receding the line from front, right? I ask because my hairline is still the same, but I lost a lot of density and I think my hair is still alive, not dead by this point, just very thin hair from the looks of it all over the place. I am also very hairy all over my body, even shoulders are, sigh....) I am really desperate to try aggressive solutions to this to regrow my hair at least and then when stabilized switch back to just finasteride 1,25mg ed + 2ml liquin minoxidil 2x ed and nizoral 2% 3x a week. I value my hair a lot, I always had really good hair up until age 26-27, never even knew sh*t like male pattern baldness exists and furthermore that there is no real cure for it still at this point. Should I may be give it a try?
What are your opinions, guys? I wasn't ready to try finasteride for more than a year too, fearing its side effects, but now I realize I should of started taking it long time ago. In the end there are lots of things in life, that can be bad for health anyways, but nobody talks about them, take for example smoking, alcohol, too much coffee. No risk, no award. I feel like someone like me would look just so bad without hair, that he has to take the risks, bald doesn't suit everyone. In the end, what's the point walking around bald and being laughed at by people? Life is to enjoy it and make others respect you as you are.

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
Seeing things like this makes it really tempting to jump on one of these drugs for a couple months. My hair loss is much less severe, and this kind of result would pretty much cure me. I suspect that just two to three months on these drugs would be enough to repair my follicles, and then grow them out with minoxidil and finasteride. Did you experience any sides in the first three month's time other than reduced libido? I definitely don't want to take CA because of permanent liver damage. If I did this it would be spironolactone and estradiol, or just estradiol.
Just estra could wield good results if you throw in some dutasteride/finasteride I had a little gyno before I started taking the stuff and so far I can't say it's grown, it can effect mood swings and cause depression in the first month's but that is very individual dependant, worst side so far is from when I first started finasteride which is like "safest" part of the regimen holy mother of all brainfogs and dizziness I can compare it to a constant panic attack but without the racing heart and anxiety like i was on the "bad" kind of weed for 2 weeks

Spellbinder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at my regimen, I take even 200 mg CA each day.

Trans women usually haven't balls (after SRS) and this is cause a big difference. Look at a sexual deviants or people who are ill on prostate cancer - how dosage of CA they take..

Yeah, but you are not trans, aren't you?

Spellbinder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course I'm not. If I'd be, I'd do operation already long time ago, and estradiol I'd take 20 mg (also injections) or even 40 but not only 2. Maybe also cyproterone acetate I'd take then even 300 mg per day but not all the time because that dose isn't recomended to take all the time. Mayby before SRS I'd take also then some drug to castration eg. some analog/agonist GnRh or antagonist.
I'm not any transgender! I'm not woman. I'm not gay. It's just the treatment of the fuc**** Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness in my case. And that's all.

How long are you on this kind of regimen, any success so far? No or little side effects?

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying.

I wonder if I should start with low dosages of spironolactone, as my hair loss is pretty agressive and diffuse seen in my post here https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...on-next-day-after-starting-finasteride.99488/ (diffuse means thinning on the whole Androgenetic Alopecia area at the same time, instead of slowly receding the line from front, right? I ask because my hairline is still the same, but I lost a lot of density and I think my hair is still alive, not dead by this point, just very thin hair from the looks of it all over the place. I am also very hairy all over my body, even shoulders are, sigh....) I am really desperate to try aggressive solutions to this to regrow my hair at least and then when stabilized switch back to just finasteride 1,25mg ed + 2ml liquin minoxidil 2x ed and nizoral 2% 3x a week. I value my hair a lot, I always had really good hair up until age 26-27, never even knew sh*t like male pattern baldness exists and furthermore that there is no real cure for it still at this point. Should I may be give it a try?
What are your opinions, guys? I wasn't ready to try finasteride for more than a year too, fearing its side effects, but now I realize I should of started taking it long time ago. In the end there are lots of things in life, that can be bad for health anyways, but nobody talks about them, take for example smoking, alcohol, too much coffee. No risk, no award. I feel like someone like me would look just so bad without hair, that he has to take the risks, bald doesn't suit everyone. In the end, what's the point walking around bald and being laughed at by people? Life is to enjoy it and make others respect you as you are.
If spironolactone, finasteride & minoxidil help you regrow hair, I think you'd need more than just minoxidil & finasteride to maintain....Maybe finasteride @ 5mg/per day & minoxidil 2x daily...MAYBE. But I think you'd have to add dutasteride.
dutasteride, finasteride & minoxidil could certainly help you maintain what spironolactone help you grew:)

Spellbinder

My Regimen
Reaction score
If spironolactone, finasteride & minoxidil help you regrow hair, I think you'd need more than just minoxidil & finasteride to maintain....Maybe finasteride @ 5mg/per day & minoxidil 2x daily...MAYBE. But I think you'd have to add dutasteride.
dutasteride, finasteride & minoxidil could certainly help you maintain what spironolactone help you grew:)

Thanks, I'll wait 1 more month and then seriously start battling this problem. It makes me go nuts, I am really obsessed with my hair now, the first thing I do when I look in the mirror is looking at my hair. So sad I let it so far, just because of dudes like this :(

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good online source for low dosage topical estradiol? Also is there a difference between this and estriol?
Thanks

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright a little update and a question to minoxidil users. I ordered my 12month supply last night, I plan on using it 1x daily but I intend to use it on my beard aswell, as we know facial hair doesn't share the misfortune of scalp hair so after discontinuing the treatment it doesn't fall off,I intend to do it so I can get more grafts in the near 1-2 years so I keep as much of my donor hair as possible if things turn out bad in the future, I have 2 questions 1St is it possible that fue would leave any scarring on the face, 2cd would the application of minoxidil on both scalp and facial hair lead to unwanted sides.
And a blast from the past just as I began receding View attachment 41208 my genetic future on the left, dad y u do dis :D
With the regimen you're on now, you'll regrow past that hairline in the pic

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
I will post only significant updates from now on next one will be in a couple of months. Currently experiencing slight brain fog, not sure how long into hrt, I should of wrote down the date somewhere, temples going down about, 2santimeters of a difference since hrt, still looking sparse and thin but getting a lot of terminal and new/reawakened vellus hairs hitting all around the scalp 
DSC_0275.JPG

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, you're transitioning into a woman, yet you want to use minoxidil on your beard?? o_O

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, you're transitioning into a woman, yet you want to use minoxidil on your beard?? o_O

I'm normally very accepting of all identities and reasons for transitioning. But considering this post, I doubt he really is trans:

That feel when you consider going trans because you want it all back so much :>

Probably just wants to regrow his hair. I understand why he would want to do that, but I think he's going to be supremely unhappy as a trans woman if his hair loss is indeed the sole reason for transitioning. Being a bald guy is still better than being a trans woman unless the dysphoria is strong enough to make transition a necessity, in my opinion.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, considering most of the feminizing effects of HRT come from lack of T and he's taking 2-4x the amount of CA that most trans women do (25mg is a pretty standard dose but it's not uncommon to see 50mg), it's going to be next to impossible for him to avoid full feminization even with the relatively low dose of 2mg estradiol. Might as well just get an orchiectomy so he's at least not destroying his liver.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's not trans (I think he's not). I told him to not take 4 mg estradiol but only max 2, and he was taking already 4 mg.
4mg of Estradiol? Damn!:eek:
With that much, he'd better get the hairline of zayn malik :p

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Orchiectomy is irreversible!!! But the drugs at any time you can drop.

Why you haven't done surgery (SRS) yet ? You're ts mtf you said.

You can drop the drugs but you are going to have irreversible changes from being on female hormones for a prolonged period of time. Breast growth, fertility issues, etc. will persist after stopping these drugs. Fat distribution will not magically go back to a male pattern overnight either. Not to mention CA is horrible for your liver, especially at these dosages. It's insane you take 200mg. Absolutely overkill. I also wouldn't be surprised if you had problems regaining full function of your testes, possibly necessitating TRT for life (and SURGERY to remove your boobs) lest you be doomed to a life of a low T male with moobs forever. All of this in the name of a regimen that will grow hair which will probably not be as sustainable as you think once you stop. It's beyond irresponsible.

I haven't done surgery because I can't afford it and I don't know if I want it yet. My dysphoria is more so related to secondary sex characteristics and the way my gender is perceived by the outside world rather than my genitals. I would prefer to have a vagina, but considering my current situation it isn't feasible from a financial or personal standpoint. It would also make me less physically fit to serve in the USAF, which I plan to enlist in when the ban on transgender troops is lifted. Plus I don't feel genitals define someone's gender identity. You pass women every day without knowing what's between their legs and I'm sure you still perceive them as women. So.. yeah.