Recommendations On Oral Minoxidil (dosage And Sources)

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Warmer82 how is that dose doing for you? Is it helping your hair? Thanks.

I've been on 1.25mg for nearly 10 weeks now. I've noticed from 2 weeks ago that i started getting ingrown hairs on my scalp (over 15). Most ive ever had without treatments is 1or 2.
I haven't shed any hair in the last 4 weeks so i take this as progress. I haven't noticed any growth on scalp but still early days at 10 weeks

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 1.25mg for nearly 10 weeks now. I've noticed from 2 weeks ago that i started getting ingrown hairs on my scalp (over 15). Most ive ever had without treatments is 1or 2.
I haven't shed any hair in the last 4 weeks so i take this as progress. I haven't noticed any growth on scalp but still early days at 10 weeks

Ace. Sounds promising. Wishing the best for you.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking 1.25mg ed from December 21st, shedding hair around 4 weeks later, now when i shower i find maximum couple of hairs when shampoo on hands. I get Loniten 2.5mg from babylon health(phone app) private prescription

Warmer, are you based in the U.K.?

Not heard many stories of people being given a prescription for loniten here.

Thanks.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Warmer, are you based in the U.K.?

Not heard many stories of people being given a prescription for loniten here.

Thanks.

Yes. Got it from my nhs gp, also got it from a private gp on babylon health that is a phone app over the phone. As its off label treatment i sent them both the nhs salford study and a clinical trial study from internet. First attempt phone call appointment with babylon health would not prescribe so i tried again with another appointment i sent them documents and they said ok. I had a holiday in lanzarote in January. You can get 10mg over the counter in their pharmacy without a prescription

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Got it from my nhs gp, also got it from a private gp on babylon health that is a phone app over the phone. As its off label treatment i sent them both the nhs salford study and a clinical trial study from internet. First attempt phone call appointment with babylon health would not prescribe so i tried again with another appointment i sent them documents and they said ok. I had a holiday in lanzarote in January. You can get 10mg over the counter in their pharmacy without a prescription

Smart cookie! You cited the NHS study too. That’s impressive. Fair play to you. I’m going to try something similar with my GP.

dubs777

My Regimen
Reaction score
About to start oral minoxidil whenever it arrives - any diet / general health advice I should keep in mind to make sure I run into no problems? For example, I've read drink less coffee? Any advice is much appreciated.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About to start oral minoxidil whenever it arrives - any diet / general health advice I should keep in mind to make sure I run into no problems? For example, I've read drink less coffee? Any advice is much appreciated.

I drink a cup Monday through Friday in the morning and I'm cool. Taking 2,5mg daily in the morning as well.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Low dose oral minoxidil study May 2019.

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(19)30685-1/fulltext

"In conclusion, OM at a dose of 5 mg daily was effective and presented an acceptable safety profile in our cohort of male patients with MAA. The optimum dose needs to be delineated in future controlled studies."

Not sure if this was posted before but anyway..check out those 3 month results.

ValiantThor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys - FWIW after 4-6 months I decided to stop the Oral Minoxidil. I was taking 2.5mg per day. In regards to the hair on my head I know this was a bad thing to do. Looks like I've advanced about 2 years of loss (it gets worse before it gets better).

It certainly worked, 'too well. I stopped due to the body hair side effect. You don't think about it much when starting, but it really is a problem.

My eyebrow hair, the hair on the back of my hands, the hair on my inner thighs each side of my private parts was approaching pubic hair density, on my back, upper shoulders, upper arms, on my ears, etc etc.

I was only mildly hairy to begin with, but it really did cause it to get too much for me. Your mileage may vary.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Low dose oral minoxidil study May 2019.

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(19)30685-1/fulltext

"In conclusion, OM at a dose of 5 mg daily was effective and presented an acceptable safety profile in our cohort of male patients with MAA. The optimum dose needs to be delineated in future controlled studies."

Not sure if this was posted before but anyway..check out those 3 month results.

Interesting, thanks for posting this. I expected better results to be honest, especially @ 5mg/day.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't get even anywhere near those results with between 10 and 20mg of oral minoxidil on my crown area.
Hmm were you on finasteride too? I had the best results I've ever had on anything starting at month on 5 mg but had to stop for other reasons. Starting again now though.