Reaction score
jude.jpg

bruce-willis-1.jpg
[/quote]

If thats 2 Hollywood hearthrobs what are any of us worried about? :whistle:

rcom440

Reaction score
s.a.f said:

If thats 2 Hollywood hearthrobs what are any of us worried about? :whistle:[/quote]

yes but the key word here is "Hollywood". We are not actors and why are not as charismatic as Bruce or Jude. :whistle:

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a cure for baldness. Drop your bullshit job, start your own business and work your *** into something for 5 years. You'll get more broads then a full head of hair will ever get you. Sorry, but it's true. I worked for a really wealthy guy that had hair transplants that looked ridiculous, I mean like a porcupine, but the hottest woman in the office still said he was sexy- power, that's sexy. Look at Tony Soprano- albeit, he is a fictional character, but it is not far from the truth.

s.a.f

Reaction score
47thin said:
I have a cure for baldness. Drop your bullshit job, start your own business and work your *** into something for 5 years.....

Oh its that easy is it? You do realise that 90% of business ventures are absolute failures. Thats why most of us work for large companies most 'businessmen' dont sit in an office wearing an expensive suit.

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
No one said it's easy, but you have more control over that then growing back your hair, to be honest. One of the reasons that people fail is that they are trying a new "venture". If you did something well, that was simple and indispensable, like bug exterminating, you would go farther trying to do the next "killer app" or whatever. The rich guy I was talking about had a large copier business. I know guys that started out selling postage meters from their garage. People try to get fancy and own a nouveau cuisine cafe instead of a chain of hot dog stands at ballparks.

The guy that owns the Bunny ranch is a fat balding guy- some girl who looked hot as hell said she saw him on Tyra Banks and couldn't wait to "f" him and join his ranks- just read this on Howard Stern.com.

Anyway, if you want at it with the fury that some guys are over their hair loss, you can make it. I don't mean filthy rich, but you could own a decent business, boss a bunch of people around and be an alpha-male.

Or, you could just become a cop or fire fighter. This is the US, so if you try and fail, at least you tried. Europe may be different. The shame level seems to be much higher. You could make and blow 3 fortunes here.

Finally, this is aimed at the 21-28 year old guys whose hair is starting to thin, not the 42 year old's with commitments.

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow....Jude looks so old with his hair shaved...

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
FlashDance said:
Wow....Jude looks so old with his hair shaved...

Yeah I know, its pretty sobering. A guy who used to be known as one of the most good looking men in the world is now borderline ugly. This is a fine example of how male pattern baldness can physically transform you from goodlooking to very borderline and perhaps not 'ugly' but you lose your attractiveness, and lets face it; if he was just another chump of the streets, he would be having problems.

My current situation is just about ok. My hairloss seems to be fairly gradual. But I have an ominous feeling - that the horror of thinning may be fast approaching. Like a prisoner facing certain death, I also know the certianty of my fate. That male pattern baldness and probable, eventual baldness is something unaviodable. Right now my looks are stable. Perhaps a 7 out of ten. On bad days, 6, on great days, 8, but thats rare. You might argue that 7 out of ten is no bad thing, and no, it isnt. But the important point is that the rate of hair loss loss can be correlated with loss of attractiveness. Right now I am still slowly receeding on the temples, and recently the corners are slowly hinting upwards, like some nasty cancer slowly entering the brain.

In a few years perhaps, thinning and more evident recession may be a reality for me. Sure, I get by now, but sooner or later, I dont know. I know how women work - its not that far of how a man works. We want a good-looking partner bottom line. And this is the harsh reality; most caucasion bald guys I see, or at least guys beying NW3/thinning, dont look attractive. I just dont think I will ever 'get over' this or 'move on'. The slight to moderate recession I have had so far has already done much to lower my self esteem and confidence. Who f*****g knows what I will do when I start noticably thinning. f*** this.

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
I like how you think Hope4hairRedux.

I go through phases where I feel down and up but lately I've come to the following plan.

1) I will try to stop/slow hairloss with the currently proven tools available.
2) I will use it as a good reason to eat healthy and stay fit
3) While hairloss almost always makes you look worse, I do think that a nice body and being well dressed helps a lot as well, so I am trying to work on those aspects as well

Everyone wants a good looking partner, and balding men are really no different (not being mean, just realistic). I think of the men I think are cute who are bald/balding, and most always they are fit, confident (not overly or cocky), and well dressed/maintained. This helps me concentrate on the things about me I can change if 1) and 2) don't work out.

Back to Jude Law, I think he should keep the little he has on top and keep it short, but long enough to part to the side. While it won't make him HOT, I think it looks better than completely shaved.

On a side note, there is a guy I work with who is much younger than me who looks MUCH older. He is bald and it obviously dealt an amazing blow to his confidence and health. It really breaks my heart to see him going through this and hope that he has some good people he can talk to.

Hairloss hurts a lot, and we all have our ups and downs, but it shouldn't mean letting yourself go completely. :(

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Good post Flashdance. Although i disagree that jude law has few hair on top.

He has very deep temples, but his hair is quite thick, considering his age. I think that hairloss just makes him look like his real age, despite other celebrities that are 35+ and look much younger. I agree though that buzzcut does not suit him as much as grown out.

But this won't be a problem to hit any woman he likes, and there wouldn't be a problem even if he was not a famous actor. And that's the main reason why he doesn't get a transplant (among others that we were discussing here some days ago).

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
My God, can we lay off of Jude Law for a while. He confidently displays his hair loss, and we bash and berate him. If he got a hair transplant, then we'd be saying how insecure he was. The poor guy can seriously not win.

He's a good looking guy, and, even if you he lost a ton more hair, he's still better looking than 95% of the guys on the planet.

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
Awe, I never meant to post this to bash him, simply to use him as a case study.

1) It shows that someone with tons of money can't or won't do something about it

2) It validates/refutes the self images we create when we're going through the balding process (I look so old and will ever get someone or I may be going bald but life goes on and I will focus on the things I can more easily control)

3) It's interesting to me to see what looks work/don't work

On that note, male pattern baldness is one affliction that really doesn't seem to benefit from a celebrity being affected by it. Breast cancer, parkinsons, etc seem to get these important people afflicted by them and then the celebrity pushes newer technology, throws money at it, or at least brings it to the front of peoples' minds.

However, male pattern baldness diagnosed celebrities have to act like they are "OK" with it. I mean, maybe they are, but I can't think of a celebrity who creates PSAs and pays for them on major networks saying "I'm XXX and I have male pattern baldness" followed some schpeel about how it hurt his self image and how peoples' comments and stares really affected him. Most people I talk to don't even realize that it really affects our self image.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a really interesting experiment that I have done. Basically look at a mirror and rate your attractiveness. Then put a hat on, like a beanie or something. See how attractive you are then. For me its like I go up to an 8 instantly and then without a hat im like a 6-7. Its weird. Just goes to show how important having that 'frame' is. UCman used to talk about framing a lot and I definitly feel that is like the most important issue in relation to hair loss and decreasing attractivness.

Overall, Im not completely worried about hair loss at the moment. I read upo a lot about diet and matters relating to health. I belive that essientally, keeping a lean toned look, with a good complexion is definitely a way to reduce the damage caused by hair loss. Ive said it before and ill say it again - the good looking bald guys I see are the healthy looking bald guys. Simple is that. And im not saying there is only one type of 'health' - some bulkier more built looking guys, some guys that are more toned. Generally people that work out, eat right and look after their bodies.

From an evolutionary perspective, if you emit a healthy glow, women are more likely to find you attractive. The problem with hair loss is that it is related to old age - so subconcsoiusly it can be seen as 'unhealthy' to women. And obvously from an evolutionary perspective, you want a healthy mate. So you can bypass this. You have to go for overall health. Positive attitude. The connections ive made are pretty simple, but it makes logical sense. Dont bother with all the creams and gels, and so called treatments, just go with the flow, and adapt. Dont waste time on trying to slow your hair loss when you could be improving overall health and quality of life doing something more productive.

Having said all this - I do still get depressed. Not just becasuse of my Hla obvoiusly but you know how it is. What depresses me is that I feel girls dont find me instantly attractive as much anymore. I feel more like an average joe. But then again, I havnt been so healthy recently, so it might be relating to that. I do feel that in general, my attitude towards hair loss is getting a lot better. Its not like you just wake up one day and its all over with, its always a process. But I definitly feel that slowly and surely, my attititude to hair loss is getting a lot better.

I will however stress that my hair loss is still in its initial stages. No thinning yet. But big recession into temples. So yeah, things may be differrent. But im getting there. Its a case of gradual adaption. Sure, its a scary thought being completely bald. But just think like this. That whenever something becomes a reality in your life, eventually it becomes the norm and you roll with it. Unless its actually some really negative like disease etc. But just concentrate on you reality as it is today, dont dwell on what the future may hold, because you will naturally have to accept whatever happens when that moment comes, whether you like it or not.

Im not trying to be one of those gay preacher types, but Im just trying to relay a little positivy from my personal experience so far. This is more for people in my stage, who fear what is to come. But its for anyone really. I dont post on this site as much these days, and when I do, its mainly because I actually like to just write a bit for fun. Anyway, salut!

cuebald

Reaction score
Agreed on being slim but "toned" - being a healthy bald guy greatly limits the damage done by male pattern baldness.

You can almost be one of the "cool" bald guys - rather than just the overweight, hairy (body hair) bald guy stereotype (the stereotype of the middle-aged man who's almost given up..)

I am too skinny, too pale. This makes me look ill when combined with male pattern baldness. Before male pattern baldness, you can pull off skinny and pale to the girls who like the emo look :gay: . With male pattern baldness you're an object of pity.

My object is to put on a bit of weight and get a slight, healthy natural tan. Shave the hair down short to avoid looking diffused.

Bulking up, becoming a beefcake etc will make you into the stereotype of an insecure man bodybuilding in order to compensate for his baldness. Doubly so if you grow a goatee.

I am also fairly short at 5'7". I always find that short people who are "built" with a heavy, muscular build look too squat. They look like dwarves.
I know a 5'5" man who bodybuilds. He's about 100KG of muscle - very strong, but he looks like he's been squashed. Like a dwarf. It's not a good look, IMHO. Again, it puts on the stereotype of someone compensating for shortness.
The lean look is the most popular look. Runner's build. The highly muscular look is only really admired by teenage boys.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
Agreed on being slim but "toned" - being a healthy bald guy greatly limits the damage done by male pattern baldness.

You can almost be one of the "cool" bald guys - rather than just the overweight, hairy (body hair) bald guy stereotype (the stereotype of the middle-aged man who's almost given up..)

I am too skinny, too pale. This makes me look ill when combined with male pattern baldness. Before male pattern baldness, you can pull off skinny and pale to the girls who like the emo look :gay: . With male pattern baldness you're an object of pity.

My object is to put on a bit of weight and get a slight, healthy natural tan. Shave the hair down short to avoid looking diffused.

Bulking up, becoming a beefcake etc will make you into the stereotype of an insecure man bodybuilding in order to compensate for his baldness. Doubly so if you grow a goatee.

I am also fairly short at 5'7". I always find that short people who are "built" with a heavy, muscular build look too squat. They look like dwarves.
I know a 5'5" man who bodybuilds. He's about 100KG of muscle - very strong, but he looks like he's been squashed. Like a dwarf. It's not a good look, IMHO. Again, it puts on the stereotype of someone compensating for shortness.
The lean look is the most popular look. Runner's build. The highly muscular look is only really admired by teenage boys.

What other sucsses should hideous bald people avoid so that they don't look like they are over-comensating for their male pattern baldness?

Should they avoid getting a sucessful career, fearing it will just make them look like the stereotypical bald guy who has to become rich to get laid?

Should they avoid dressing well so that people don't think they are using clothes to compensate for their male pattern baldness?

Should I become the stereotypical fat, poorly dressed, unkempt bald guy with a dead end job so that nobody will think I am compensating for my hair loss?

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
I know a 5'5" man who bodybuilds. He's about 100KG of muscle - very strong, but he looks like he's been squashed. Like a dwarf. It's not a good look, IMHO.

I work with a guy who has a full head of hair, but no kidding is right around 4 feet in height and about 4 feet wide.

Seriously, he looks like a walking square :).

I think I'd rather be bald and taller than hairy and a square.

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I read someone comparing baldness to Cancer and a host of other terminal diseases. There's a funny part of a movie called Idiocracy (most of it is pretty bad) where they talk about the decline of medical science is caused by everyone focusing on regrowing hair and erectile Dysfunction meds, while the smarter members of the species get wiped out. Seriously, going bald is not like the agony of cancer, believe me. There is a big difference between feeling sorry for yourself and excruciating pain and death.

And as for Jude Law, maybe he tried the big three and they didn't work.

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
JOE-91 said:
I can see your all obsessed with Jude Law, but what do you guys make of Lewis Hamilton (British F1 driver) hair loss?

I did a search for him on the internet and can't see any signs of balding??

cuebald

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
What other sucsses should hideous bald people avoid so that they don't look like they are over-compensating for their male pattern baldness?

Should I become the stereotypical fat, poorly dressed, unkempt bald guy with a dead end job so that nobody will think I am compensating for my hair loss?

How is doing bodybuilding making you a "success"? Nobody thinks of a bald man with a good career as "compensating" for his hairloss, because a good career is something that greatly improves your quality of life regardless of who you are. Bodybuilding less so.

People think of a bald man with a brilliant career as just that.
People think of a bald man heavily into bodybuilding (above anything else) as a man with a bit of a self-esteem problem. They are not viewed as a "success" by anyone other than adolescent boys.

I don't mean to slight bodybuilding but there are those who do it to compensate for male pattern baldness, and other perceived feelings of inadequacy and low masculinity. And it shows. Are you one of these people?
I'll agree that the main problem is the attitude. Even with the hulking muscles you can tell these people are the male equivalent of the anorexic woman who hates herself for being "fat".

It seems a lot of people who are bodybuilders don't have the glamour that most people see them having. Lewie Therox did a documentary for the BBC that showed that the work that they get is mostly "muscle-worship" work for gay males. Women go for the lean, toned look.

Go to any female celeb board or youtube page ( :gay: ) and look - there won't be any pictures of bodybuilders with comments saying "ohmygawsh he's soo hawt" - it's all the lean, toned look. You can even see a few baldies in there with this look.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man, bald people really hate bodybuilding, lol.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
cuebald said:

What other sucsses should hideous bald people avoid so that they don't look like they are over-comensating for their male pattern baldness?

Should they avoid getting a sucessful career, fearing it will just make them look like the stereotypical bald guy who has to become rich to get laid?

Should they avoid dressing well so that people don't think they are using clothes to compensate for their male pattern baldness?

haha like it :bravo: