Receding Hairline? High Temples? Thoughts?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive heard great stories for dermarolling, therefore if incorporating isnt a time hassle... i’d say its worth it.

I think you have BDD too. You started your hairloss journey at 26yo and over the 4 years its barely gotten worse - a sign that you wont need to shave your head ever.

If your corners are bothering you, you could research a hair transplant at your age, but imo it would be a waste of $ unless it made you feel exponentially better to have those corners.

With finasteride alone, it would be standard for someone your age and severity to maintain what u have right now until your late 50’s.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually think it has gotten a bit better. The triangles seem to have regrown a bit and stronger. Could also he the lighting tho. Anyway, you are good I really don't think you have to worry about hair loss in your prime years. Maybe when you get 50 it will be a bit worse but by then most men pretty much accept it. You seem to have developed bdd. Happens to many of us once we focus too much on every millimeter of hairline.

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive heard great stories for dermarolling, therefore if incorporating isnt a time hassle... i’d say its worth it.

I think you have BDD too. You started your hairloss journey at 26yo and over the 4 years its barely gotten worse - a sign that you wont need to shave your head ever.

If your corners are bothering you, you could research a hair transplant at your age, but imo it would be a waste of $ unless it made you feel exponentially better to have those corners.

With finasteride alone, it would be standard for someone your age and severity to maintain what u have right now until your late 50’s.

Yeah I'm going to start back dermarolling - I need to order a new one. I'm not sure how often the needles should be replaced.

Regarding BDD, yes, you're correct. I've been to therapy which has helped a bit. Starting finasteride helped as well. At least I know I'm doing as much as I can do at this stage. Can't afford a hair transplant anytime soon but will consider it if it progresses.

I actually think it has gotten a bit better. The triangles seem to have regrown a bit and stronger. Could also he the lighting tho. Anyway, you are good I really don't think you have to worry about hair loss in your prime years. Maybe when you get 50 it will be a bit worse but by then most men pretty much accept it. You seem to have developed bdd. Happens to many of us once we focus too much on every millimeter of hairline.

Thanks. And yes, I've struggled with BDD even before this. Going to therapy has helped.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, he'll most likely maintain indefinitely on finasteride or at least the peak of his life based on his history. While there is BDD I do understand his concern. Not serious loss but when you have a natural high forehead the hairline already looks receded and if recession begins it can further impact the look and resemble an egg. Fine hair can also show more scalp but he'll never be a baldy of any kind. Overall he has little to worry about in terms of balding but shaving one's head shouldn't be the only concern, I get it is for those with serious problems but it's good to keep an open mind.

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy New Year! I recently got a new phone with a better camera so I thought I'd start 2021 with some new progress pics.

My regimen has remained mostly the same since September 2018: finasteride 1x/day, minoxidil 1x/day and nizoral 2x/week.

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6577.jpg

IMG_6579.jpg

IMG_6580.jpg

IMG_6581.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6588.jpg

IMG_6589.jpg

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to have improved since you first started. You look like a NW1. Great success.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good mate, congrats. Also looks like your hair has changed a shade darker through the years.

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to have improved since you first started. You look like a NW1. Great success.
Thanks! I’m certainly pleased.

Looks good mate, congrats. Also looks like your hair has changed a shade darker through the years.
Thank you! I started out as a very light blond which has continued to darken. As long as I have hair I don’t care what color it is!

Terry94

Reaction score
Mate your hairline looks fine to me, want to swap hairlines? This is mine. Receding temples...

Edit: Replies to a photo after you had minixodil. Looks great mate, I've never looked into but mine is probably too far back now

Attachments

• PXL_20210107_215357474.MP~3.jpg
    PXL_20210107_215357474.MP~3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 257

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy New Year! I recently got a new phone with a better camera so I thought I'd start 2021 with some new progress pics.

My regimen has remained mostly the same since September 2018: finasteride 1x/day, minoxidil 1x/day and nizoral 2x/week.

View attachment 154099
View attachment 154100
View attachment 154101
View attachment 154102
View attachment 154103
View attachment 154104
View attachment 154105
View attachment 154106
What brand of finasteride do you take ? Any sides?

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate your hairline looks fine to me, want to swap hairlines? This is mine. Receding temples...

Edit: Replies to a photo after you had minixodil. Looks great mate, I've never looked into but mine is probably too far back now
I say go for it. What helped me mentally was just going with all 3, minoxidil, nizoral and finasteride. Then I knew I was doing all that I could do aside from a hair transplant, which I can’t afford right now and don’t think I need yet.

What brand of finasteride do you take ? Any sides?
It’s just generic. I’m not sure who the maker is.

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

I’m going on 1.5 years on finasteride with no noticeable sides. I haven’t noticed much change either way, but the recession doesn’t appear to be accelerating which is good. I post partially for feedback but also to let those on the “fince” that not everyone expériences sides.

Recent pics:

23FED7E6-9E51-4F9B-B1E5-52D86B3E8A9F.jpeg

2A77D86B-8DE3-408B-8601-333F2417BE78.jpeg

DE924A3A-A222-46C6-A5CD-7091B3143AEF.jpeg

2EC73AC8-2CB6-41FD-8EFF-EEB58713C154.jpeg

053DFC26-4EEB-4A66-883D-6043F15A59E5.jpeg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Update:

I’m going on 1.5 years on finasteride with no noticeable sides. I haven’t noticed much change either way, but the recession doesn’t appear to be accelerating which is good. I post partially for feedback but also to let those on the “fince” that not everyone expériences sides.

Recent pics:

View attachment 161654

View attachment 161655

View attachment 161656

View attachment 161657

View attachment 161658
Hair looks stabilized. How is your BDD?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Most people on finasteride don't "know" that they are on it because they don't feel any different at all and since they get maintenance only, it's as though the med does nothing but maintenance is far from nothing.

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Better. Therapy has help. Also knowing that I’m doing (almost) everything I can aside from a hair transplant also relieves some of the anxiety.

Yes. Most people on finasteride don't "know" that they are on it because they don't feel any different at all and since they get maintenance only, it's as though the med does nothing but maintenance is far from nothing.
Yes I’m very grateful for the maintenance.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you are on finasteride, aren't you? Why shouldn't someone use it preventively?
No I’m not. However, I think people should go on it if they get piece of mind from it. This guys hairline over the past few years showed no deterioration nor did it show improvement giving me the impression his hairline simply matured. I bet he didn’t experience shedding either