Receding hairline - Do I get a transplant or just accept?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so here’s so photos with damp hair pre shower. The reason I have come to this forum is because I want honest opinions. I feel like I’m not getting complete honesty with hair clinics as they simply want my money at the end of the day so of course they will all encourage it. Also reading reviews I’ve found many suspicious ones so difficult to deceiver which is a genuine review and which is fake (presumably created by the clinic being reviewed).

As I may have previously mentioned I’m quite sure if I got the surgery I could get my front hairline fixed but I’m concerned that as time goes on that hairline will remain with good hair whilst I continue to recede behind it. The obvious answer is “well you can always go back to get it fixed” but I’m also aware there’s a limit to how many times you can do this. I have plenty of hair follicles at the back so whilst I’m sure I *could * go back a second time if needed then what after that.. at some point I can’t use any more donor hair so then I’m worried I’ve got this weird looking front of perfectly formed hair whilst thinning/balding behind it. Am I overthinking this or possibly wrong even?

As I’m 36 now do you think I could recede much further over the next 5-10 years?
You got your age wrong ur 33 not 36.

Kaipa

My Regimen
Reaction score
ADB9077B-59AE-40E5-9991-E3E7646E4CF7.jpeg

This is what a clinic in Istanbul has sent in terms of what they would do.

B1465788-8479-4522-8380-1FBF3A6C4E4B.jpeg

Kaipa

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m just worried I get this new hair at the front and with time/age it looks unatural UNLESS I constantly go back for more surgery. I guess I want to know how long it will last and is it worth doing or ultimately a waste of money. I don’t want to be in a position where I have to keep going back every few years to get it sorted as I simply can’t afford to do that.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m just worried I get this new hair at the front and with time/age it looks unatural UNLESS I constantly go back for more surgery. I guess I want to know how long it will last and is it worth doing or ultimately a waste of money. I don’t want to be in a position where I have to keep going back every few years to get it sorted as I simply can’t afford to do that.
Yeah I would say that is so low that it would look unnatural. Only go a centimeter or two lower in the temples, then do not lower the center of the hairline, just reinforce it mostly.

Reactions: 300

Kaipa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Opinions on my previous post about the future issues after the transplant? I’ve attached some images of the back so you can see the density of my hair.
DD0EA60A-4430-425F-93B8-8FC3F8A268A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 8575F0A5-B5E1-4F45-AF0C-EDEBAF6FB28B.jpeg
    8575F0A5-B5E1-4F45-AF0C-EDEBAF6FB28B.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

PRIMEN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well your hair still looks better than mine and you are 33 and I'm 28. My hairline was in a similar situation, NW3, maybe even worse in the middle.

I took the risk and like @DoctorHouse said I bought some happiness for a certain amount of years. I just couldn't accept it, I wanted to look my age. It was an emotional decision mostly. I had a hair transplant, 3000 grafts. And of course I feel happy for now but my crown's already started thinning and balding. I think my final patter is at least NW5.

I tried oral finasteride but it gives me too many side effects including rare sides like oily skin and acne, can't tolerate it. I tried topical finasteride, in the beginning everything is great but as soon as it reaches certain concentration in the blood it gives me side effects too, just not as fast as oral version.

You should try if you have side effects on finasteride or not and decide if you want to take it for the rest of your life or not. Or maybe until something better comes to the market. It's my only hope too.

I feel good for now but I'm a transplant prisoner now. I even won't be able to shave my head if I want to because of little white scars on my donor area and because transplanted hair is an illusion of density, at least in my case. If I buzz transplanted hair it looks awful and density is low. I need another transplant to improve it. So who knows, maybe if I had to make a decision now I'd just shaved it...

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well your hair still looks better than mine and you are 33 and I'm 28. My hairline was in a similar situation, NW3, maybe even worse in the middle.

I took the risk and like @DoctorHouse said I bought some happiness for a certain amount of years. I just couldn't accept it, I wanted to look my age. It was an emotional decision mostly. I had a hair transplant, 3000 grafts. And of course I feel happy for now but my crown's already started thinning and balding. I think my final patter is at least NW5.

I tried oral finasteride but it gives me too many side effects including rare sides like oily skin and acne, can't tolerate it. I tried topical finasteride, in the beginning everything is great but as soon as it reaches certain concentration in the blood it gives me side effects too, just not as fast as oral version.

You should try if you have side effects on finasteride or not and decide if you want to take it for the rest of your life or not. Or maybe until something better comes to the market. It's my only hope too.

I feel good for now but I'm a transplant prisoner now. I even won't be able to shave my head if I want to because of little white scars on my donor area and because transplanted hair is an illusion of density, at least in my case. If I buzz transplanted hair it looks awful and density is low. I need another transplant to improve it. So who knows, maybe if I had to make a decision now I'd just shaved it...

Very well said,I hope you do well

Kaipa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really appreciate your input on this. Funnily enough this is the same thought process I’m having at the moment whereby I’m reluctant to start the hair transplant process for fear I become a prisoner to it.. I know they say it’s a minor surgery but at the end of the day it is irreversible and even if one day I wanted to shave it all off like you say it would possibly be obvious that I’d had a hair transplant. Hopefully I never have to shave it all off but I would love to know how far back I will continue to recede.. I feel like I’d be much more inclined to have it done now if I wasn’t going to go back too much further. I’m so conflicted at the moment!

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really appreciate your input on this. Funnily enough this is the same thought process I’m having at the moment whereby I’m reluctant to start the hair transplant process for fear I become a prisoner to it.. I know they say it’s a minor surgery but at the end of the day it is irreversible and even if one day I wanted to shave it all off like you say it would possibly be obvious that I’d had a hair transplant. I’m so conflicted at the moment!
Why dont you wait a few more years and see how it goes.The longer you wait you re better off.Your hair still looks good

PRIMEN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you decide to get a hair transplant at least be conservative, don't go for a teenager hairline.

Attachments

• 678.jpg
    678.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 198

jimtmcdaniels

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 177379

This is what a clinic in Istanbul has sent in terms of what they would do.

View attachment 177380

2 THINGS COME TO MY MIND TO MENTION TO YOU SIR J:

Do you have itching and/or flaking/dandruff on your head or even in your eye lashes?
If so, a possible connection with your hair loss might be the Demodex mites:

Because from all I've read and what I'm trying for myself is:
These mites are microscopic and considered part of our body's natural flora to have on our bodies (mostly face and head and hair) and they are very difficult to kill. They can NOT be seen with our eyes and are difficult to see under microscope. Dandruff can be considered evidence of an over infestation.
Interestingly, these mites are Not always found on our youthful healthy head full of hair human-bodies Till after our teen years they start to show up, according to what I've read. We acquire these mites from other people.

They are related to bed bugs and spiders and even the mites which cause extreme dog mange/hair fur loss. They have claws and mouths which bite. They eat our skin sebum and more(they aren't for sure).
Their population and prevalence on us people increases as we age and are found on virtually everyone who reaches age 70.
These mites have a tendency to over populate in our hair follicles and pores and can possibly cause damage. From clogged pores, enlarged pores and eye lash hair loss.
They are related to or can cause skin rosacea and eye lash blepharitis, etc. when they over populate.
In those instances, dermatologist are more and more now recommending killing them/reducing their numbers with proven tea tree oil treatments.
Scientists are still arguing and are unsure if they are friends or foe to our bodies or some kind of combination. They just don't know, they are so damn small and hard to track.
Of course there are so many organisms which support our bodies health. Yet there are others which damage us.
Also the mite's actions on each of us might be unique to different unknowns and how our body deals with them.

SO you might buy some natural tea tree oil (one of the very few things which can kill these mites, if used consistently over time in a high enough concentration 25-50%). It is an essential oil with some very unique properties.
Mix the tea tree oil with an equal amount of a skin safe oil as a carrier, such as almond or olive or avocado or coconut oil, etc.
This gives a 50% mixture because full strength tea tree oil is too strong for our skin and unnecessary and the oil helps prolong the tea tree's effect before it dries and soaks into our skin.
BTW tea tree oil is considered good for our hair and is found in a good number of hair shampoos products etc and has a minty smell.
YET these are generally over priced for what little tea tree oil they contain and probably aren't concentrated enough to kill the mites.
Shampoo is washed off, etc..So not what we want here...

Apply the mixture each night when you go to sleep (because the mites prefer to come out of hiding from our hair follicles and pores in the darkness while we sleep.
When they need to mate/breed and are most susceptible then. Apply the mixture to your scalp and also ideally your face, eyebrows, forehead, beard and back of neck.
If you accidentally get some in your eyes, then try to keep your eyes closed.
Because it will stink your eyes much less till the sting goes away.
While you are sleeping your eyes are closed anyway.
The first couple of weeks you might experience more dandruff as some of the mites, who weren't in deep enough hiding, comes out to the surface to die along with debris from your pores as some move out.
When you wake up in the morning, brush your hair out some.
I'd continue this regiment nightly for 2 months. At this point you probably have removed as many mites as possible and should discontinue this regiment.
If you see some kind of good results then consider repeating this regiment annually to keep an over population at bay.

I think your current hair/hairline looks great on you. A matured masculine man look instead of the boyish doll low hairline we had when we were 12. Don't you get compliments, I bet you do.
Like a very young Bruce Willis look hair line which made him famous and a very attractive guy when he first started his career.
Additionally there are hair transplant(is very risky) advances to come along and you've got plenty of time to wait and see and try some non surgery remedies which might reverse your hairline like the tea tree oil, micro needling, etc.
So I believe you should wait and see and not make it a mind trap of obsessively thinking and worrying about it.
Our HAIR shows when we are HERE, instead of always in our mind machine obsessively thinking about our past or future. Stress thinking has been proven to promote HAIR loss.
After you've tried other non surgical avenues. Give it a rest and see what change or stabilization you can effect and where you are at in say 5 or 10 years and where science and procedures are at. They even now have transplants where they only remove the top of the follicle where stem cells are present so that hair grows in both the donor and transplant sites!

Take care
Jim

Last edited:

mariawotters

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not try it? The hair in the back looks great to be honest. I often buy my dad various oils and extracts for better and thicker hair (after reading https://vitality-extracts.pissedconsumer.com/review.html I started buying it for myself and my dad too). It definitely helped to strengthen the hair and reduce hair loss. It's sad that you can't get rid of the problem altogether.

Last edited: