Receding Hairline At 18yo. How Bad Is It?

coolnickname

My Regimen
Reaction score
As said in the title, can you tell me honestly how screwed up i am with hairline like this at this age?

Attachments

• b1.png
    b1.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 608
  • b2.png
    b2.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 766
  • b3.png
    b3.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 553

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
U still have lots of miniaturised hair so might be able to salvage it by starting treatment. U can think of a withering plant where u start watering and feeding fertiliser to give life to it again.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get the f*** on finasteride asap man, you're going to be slick bald in 12 months without it. Hair across the whole scalp looking very diffuse and unhealthy. High NW2 that's barely clinging on in the NW3 area.

Nizoral 2% 3 times a week and finasteride as soon as you can. Don't even wait.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, get in treatments. I was slightly better at age 18 than you but at age 20, I have diffused Nw3.5, bordering on nw4. You look like you are following a similar pattern with recession and diffusion, and you seem to have even more aggressive than mine, so don't be stupid like me and get on treatments asap.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, get in treatments. I was slightly better at age 18 than you but at age 20, I have diffused Nw3.5, bordering on nw4. You look like you are following a similar pattern with recession and diffusion, and you seem to have even more aggressive than mine, so don't be stupid like me and get on treatments asap.

Still no fina for you?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey coolnickname hope you are doing okay,

In my opinion, when I see your pics I see a combination of both male patterned baldness, and perhaps even diffuse thinning (could be a result of telogen effluvium).

Do you see very excessive hair fall everyday?
--> Try the pull test (I will reference a great video on how to do it below). If you see extensive hair loss on these regions of your scalp go visit your GP =)

Go to a derm or your GP its very important you get a blood test as this can help rule out telogen effluvium, and not to mention "rule in" male pattern baldness with a scalp biopsy so you can get the correct medication to help you save your hair =).

All the best with your journey just remember your not alone. You are still very young and through your pictures (though I may be wrong as its hard to see with the lighting) I'm not seeing as much miniaturization at the hairline relative to the severity or thinness or hairloss there seems to be.

Pure pseudoscience. It's male pattern f*****g baldness. There's a reason his donor is thick and fine but the NW5 area is not. The hair pull test is a joke.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still no fina for you?
Man I'm already bordering on suicide again, I feel like if I take finasteride, that may increase the severity of my depression. I have ordered finasteride tho online and I have received it, but I'm too afraid to take it

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man I'm already bordering on suicide again, I feel like if I take finasteride, that may increase the severity of my depression. I have ordered finasteride tho online and I have received it, but I'm too afraid to take it

Dude I've had depression since I was a kid if anything its been significantly better on finasteride. Trust me you'll feel better on it.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Take 0.25mg literally right now.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As said in the title, can you tell me honestly how screwed up i am with hairline like this at this age?
Your hair loss is really aggressive for your age, I thought I had it bad. Your only shot is to get on finasteride or dutasteride and minoxidil with dermarolling 1.5mm. You seem to be a heavily diffused NW2 - NW2.5

@Endmymisery Dude get on finasteride, your depression isn't going to get any better the balder you get, at least with finasteride you have a shot at stopping and regrowing some.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah without a doubt it can definitely be male pattern baldness. But I still don't think we should rule out male pattern baldness AND Telogen Effluvium. If OP was too part his hairs on the sides (reference pic 2) his part would be similarly thin to that on his vertex. But for sure, he should try and get on finasteride as there is severe hair recession like others have mentioned.

It is a very real condition and is currently being extensively researched check out these studies below:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4606321/

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0175904

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5315033/

In most cases it is poorly understood and badly diagnosed psuedoscience. One can tell simply from a visual what is going on usually and this is clearly male pattern baldness.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well... thanks for answers. I guess im gonna see doctor and try finasteride
Good luck. Don't waste any time, every day counts and even more so in your case. On a lighter note.. What's your cool nickname?