Receding Chin / Jaw - Worse Than Hairloss

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you’ll be surprised by your recovery. Wisdom teeth recovery was fine just a bit of a shock in the first week when I tried to each something and accidentally chomped on the wounds at the back. Weirdly only had swelling on one side, but my left side stayed swollen for 4-6 days.

Sorry meant overbite. Once you’ve had your wisdoms out you’ll feel more sure if you want to pursue jaw surgery.
did you have to remove both with surgery or only one? did they do both in one go?

were you working at that point? that would be bunch of sick leaves to take, plus uncomfortable recovery time at work.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
did you have to remove both with surgery or only one? did they do both in one go?

were you working at that point? that would be bunch of sick leaves to take, plus uncomfortable recovery time at work.

I was finishing post grad at that time at uni so it worked out well for me.

My wisdoms all came out under general in 1 op.

That’s very weird that they won’t 2 operations for wisdom teeth. Especially as most surgeons first line of worry is putting people under general multiple times especially close together.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was finishing post grad at that time at uni so it worked out well for me.

My wisdoms all came out under general in 1 op.

That’s very weird that they won’t 2 operations for wisdom teeth. Especially as most surgeons first line of worry is putting people under general multiple times especially close together.
need to talk about it to my surgeon

how did u cope with post op period, did u make grinded food urself?

do u feel metal in ur jaw now? how's swelling and functionality?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
need to talk about it to my surgeon

how did u cope with post op period, did u make grinded food urself?

do u feel metal in ur jaw now? how's swelling and functionality?

Post op for wisdoms was fine, didn’t need to have any special diet just normal food and be more conscious of chewing towards front of mouth.

Post op jaw was literally blended food for the first week I did myself. Swelling peaks massively day 3/4 then I would say 50% was gone by day 8/9 by which point I was eating pasta, rice ,noodles etc .. most of swelling is now all gone. By end of the second week no one who didn’t know me would know I had anything done. Parents think all the swelling is gone but I can still tell there is some there but it’s just residual which I’ve been told will be gone soon enough.

I can feel the plates if I feel around yeah.