Receding At 14 Not Delusional Either

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with pigeon on all points. Go to a dermatologist and get a professional opinion if there is any miniaturization. I disagree with point 6 as i wouldn't leave it till its obvious.

He's already been told multiple times to go see a dermatologist, he just replies with the same thing that his mum won't let him.

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why you need to go to a dermatologist. Nobody here can say if you're balding or not 100%, dermatalogist can look up close and has special instruments to determine if you are really balding. A video or some pictures is not enough.

Like I said, step one for you: go to a dermatologist, explain to your mother it makes you very anxious and you have to know. If she says no, say you're going alone by yourself and that she's warned.
Thanks man it’s just really hard dude I’ve tried to speak to her she just says nothing is wrong

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Say that she is probably right but that it's just for your own peace of mind. And if she says no, say you will go yourself and that she's warned. End of story.
That other dude thinks I am do you think I’m diffuse thinning because I’m not worried about my hairline it hasn’t changed at all from 2018

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like why are you here?

You ignore people when they say you're fine. When people say they see thinning/balding and recommend a course of action (even when said course of action is basic and benign e.g. supplements) you say "no, I'm not gonna do that". So what's the point? Are you lonely?

You do realise you can book an appointment with a doctor without your parents permission, right? You're 14. Time to grow up.

Also, you gotta cut that hair man. It looks super dry and unkempt. I'm getting Susan Boyle vibes.

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like why are you here?

You ignore people when they say you're fine. When people say they see thinning/balding and recommend a course of action (even when said course of action is basic and benign e.g. supplements) you say "no, I'm not gonna do that". So what's the point? Are you lonely?

You do realise you can book an appointment with a doctor without your parents permission, right? You're 14. Time to grow up.

Also, you gotta cut that hair man. It looks super dry and unkempt. I'm getting Susan Boyle vibes.
Aight listen man idk if I’m actually balding or not but my brother has amazing hair and it makes me mad and yes I am lonely if fuels my bdd I hate to admit it but it does so I will cut it and In Australia you need a referral to go to a derm but my mum was looking at it she genuinely thinks nothing is wrong with it because she’s probably just saying that but I really don’t know all I know is my brother low *** hairline Norwood 0 makes me mar

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aight listen man idk if I’m actually balding or not but my brother has amazing hair and it makes me mad and yes I am lonely if fuels my bdd I hate to admit it but it does so I will cut it and In Australia you need a referral to go to a derm but my mum was looking at it she genuinely thinks nothing is wrong with it because she’s probably just saying that but I really don’t know all I know is my brother low *** hairline Norwood 0 makes me mar
You don't need a referral from you mom...
Go to a doctor and get a referral.

We don't know if your balding or not either. Literally 99% of active forum members have voiced their opinion with most saying you're fine. The only person who will definitevely be able to tell you is your doctor/dermatologist. So grow a pair, make an appointment and take it from there.

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need a referral from you mom...
Go to a doctor and get a referral.

We don't know if your balding or not either. Literally 99% of active forum members have voiced their opinion with most saying you're fine. The only person who will definitevely be able to tell you is your doctor/dermatologist. So grow a pair, make an appointment and take it from there.
Yer man but idk even know what haircut to get some people like my hair like this

gonetoday

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody in your family (grandparents/father) experience hair loss?

Your mom is right in thinking nothing is wrong, as currently there really isn't. Walk past 100,000 people, not one would say your bald/balding. I prefer to take a more proactive approach, so if you suspect something is up, get a dermatologist to confirm/deny it. Then start a hair loss regime based on their findings.

My first post is what id personally recommend for treatments, but like i said in that post it's a LIFELONG thing, so you better be damn sure you are thinning first (Thus the derma). Why I personally suspect that you MAY have issues in the future is at 22 seconds into the video you posted the hair gap seems a bit larger than i personally expect a 14 year olds hair to be, though I honestly cant say with any certainty as i genuinely have no f*****g clue what a 14 year old boys hair gaps should look like.

As Unlucky93 said, you do not need your mothers permission to book an appointment, it's not like its some invasive surgery.

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody in your family (grandparents/father) experience hair loss?

Your mom is right in thinking nothing is wrong, as currently there really isn't. Walk past 100,000 people, not one would say your bald/balding. I prefer to take a more proactive approach, so if you suspect something is up, get a dermatologist to confirm/deny it. Then start a hair loss regime based on their findings.

My first post is what id personally recommend for treatments, but like i said in that post it's a LIFELONG thing, so you better be damn sure you are thinning first (Thus the derma). Why I personally suspect that you MAY have issues in the future is at 22 seconds into the video you posted the hair gap seems a bit larger than i personally expect a 14 year olds hair to be, though I honestly cant say with any certainty as i genuinely have no f*****g clue what a 14 year old boys hair gaps should look like.

As Unlucky93 said, you do not need your mothers permission to book an appointment, it's not like its some invasive surgery.
My dad side does not my mums but what’s a hair gap lol

gonetoday

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, i mean't hair parting.. couldn't think of what it was called.. but i'm beginning to see why people are pissed at you. You keep repeating the same thing, and we keep responding the same answer.. after 655 posts, you'd think you would get it by now. WE DO NOT KNOW, A DERMATOLOGIST WOULD.

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, i mean't hair parting.. couldn't think of what it was called.. but i'm beginning to see why people are pissed at you. You keep repeating the same thing, and we keep responding the same answer.. after 655 posts, you'd think you would get it by now. WE DO NOT KNOW, A DERMATOLOGIST WOULD.
Oh hair part Hyer maybe

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly we already tried everything. Most were calm just like you but after some time it just starts to get on the nerves.