READ READ READ.. Very Interesting POV

Kaizer

Reaction score
Empire is in the right path. Courage dude.
My arguments :

- My Derm told me that washing hair daily prevent hair loss because he belives that sebum is the cause of hairloss.
- My theory : DHT is not directly responsible of hair loss : it enhances sebum amount in the scalp .So the main cause is sebum.
Why stress causes hairloss? It's the same mechanism that causes acnee : it increases sebum secretion in the skin. Some people get acnee and others ger hairloss.
Women have lots of sebum but don't lose hair why?? because they keep hair long so sebum will go through hair and leave the skin (sry i can't find the right word becoz my english is bad) so women and people with long hair lose less hair.
Nizoral was never an anti androgenic it's working because it cleans the scalp.

Jack

Reaction score
Kaizer said:
Women have lots of sebum but don't lose hair why?? because they keep hair long so sebum will go through hair and leave the skin (sry i can't find the right word becoz my english is bad) so women and people with long hair lose less hair.

:woot: :woot: Dude , I think you figured it out ! :woot: :woot:

:puke: :stupid:

docj077

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know why your hair doesn't miniaturize and basically fall off your face during early adulthood. By this theory, it should. Bald people with beards and acne call B.S. on this one.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Kaizer said:

Nizoral was never an anti androgenic it's working because it cleans the scalp.
1. Bull :woot:

2. Bull once again. The active ingredient in Nizoral is a mild DHT inhibitor, which is half of what makes Nizoral anyway. The other half is it uber cleans the scalp at the cost of it losing moisture.

Empire said:
Propecia works by stopping the DHT triggering the sebum overflow. He said Propecia could make your hair worse if like me hyperandrogenicity causes the extra oil.
You didn't...

Ok, I'm seriously starting to get mad as hell right now. I can't beLIEVE this f***ing bullsh1t. F***! Now Propecia can accelerate hair loss? What's next? Minoxidil doing the same? And if anti-androgens are doing the opposite of their purpose, guess that makes Nizoral trash as well. I've about had it. If I come to realize years later that I've been wasting hundreds of dollars on treatment, I will start suing some companies (if I'm mad enough...). Quite stupid if you ask me. I hate the human body for all it's worth.

I know this is the case for some, but I sure as hell do not want to develop reflex hyperandrogenwutsitcalled.

For the sake of all Propecia users, can someone explain how someone may be suffering from reflex hyperandrogenicity when it could just be that he is a "non-responer", or his male pattern baldness is too extreme for the Propecia to treat? I mean Christ, whoever has that then must mean Propecia is doing the opposite for them, INCREASING DHT, essentially. That is beyond the realm of stupidity.

For the record, I'm half Egyptian. Not that it has to do with anything.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
GGXX, breathe deeply, exhale, breathe deeply, exhale..............breathe deeply, exhale.

I agree with you. Calm down!! :)

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
THREE & HALF WEEK UPDATE:

- Scalp itch: Completely gone
- Lips: Dry & Cracking (using lip balm)
- Hair loss in shower: This is the interesting part... LESS hair fall.. I'd say about 70% less.
- Acne: 60% disappeared from face... 80% from scalp.

G

seaback said:
Excellent....
Dead hair takes 3 months to fall out from your head. Finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, anti-androgens take up to 1 year to work. And you, dude, using an unproven treatment, you can see less hair loss within a few weeks... Yeah. Right. Your mind is powerful.
I can't understand why some people never get comfortable with well-proven scientific theories and keep on working out half-assed ideas about the main and real cause of hair loss...
(same thing with the guy drinking red wine.... pfff....)

Take a look at my regimen, after using the oils, I noticed around 80% less hair fall and this has continued since I first started using the oils in mid February. I don't use a proven scientific method, but I see results in terms of reduced hair fall.

Kaizer

Reaction score
Peace,
it doesn't matter if the treatment is natural, synthetical , proven or not... the important think that the man is happy with his treatment. Nobody can claim that he has got the truth about hairloss. The only truth that we have to test all treatments to find the most efficient one for oneself. Let's wish good luck to everybody and support each other. Courage Empire!!

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well done Empire for having the will and patience to try out a emperimental treatment. If everyone on this forum did this, who knows what we could discover?

Anyways, I'm not to sure if this treatment would apply to me. I have dry skin. I never break out in pimples etc. Recently my skin has become more moisturized and is feeling good at the moment. I don't see Accutane doing anything for me. Although I am interested in the fact that it has eliminated your scalp itch. I have chronic scalp itch in which it seems nothing can be done to alleviate it.

Anyways Good luck in your treatment and keep us updated. One last question: You obviously shower , what do you use to wash your hair at the moment?
Nizoral?

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
GGXX, breathe deeply, exhale, breathe deeply, exhale..............breathe deeply, exhale.

I agree with you. Calm down!! :)
Agree with who?

Edit: I guess you mean me...well do you agree that hyperandro is messed up or is it something else I said?

And sorry about the last post, if it offended anyone. I mean, I just wish there was a way to completely determine if we were gaining or thinning.

Guess I'm getting myself a mapper (or whatever the heck is used to measure miniaturization).

Old Baldy

Reaction score
GGXX: I agree with the conclusion that understanding all of the variables and variations inherent in male pattern baldness can be VERY frustrating.

Right now there is no cure for male pattern baldness. That's frustrating to me and, I assumed, frustrating to you also.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Accutane is expensive as hell. Do you know if there's a good generic version on the market, perhaps without prescription like inhousepharmacy?

Of course I'd be cutting the pills like I would Fincar.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
goten574 said:
Just to say, there are a few more replies on this thread about Accutane which I made earlier:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/long-t ... try2578222

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE HAS THICKENED HAIR WITH ACCUTANE!

oli girl on that forum wrote:

"I wasn't on a low dose,but my hair was thicker and grew alot while I was on it,and then 4 months after I stoped it started thinning and falling out some. It's now thinner then when I started the med."

Sounds like a minoxidil effect.

G

Empire said:
goten574 said:
Just to say, there are a few more replies on this thread about Accutane which I made earlier:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/long-t ... try2578222

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE HAS THICKENED HAIR WITH ACCUTANE!

oli girl on that forum wrote:

"I wasn't on a low dose,but my hair was thicker and grew alot while I was on it,and then 4 months after I stoped it started thinning and falling out some. It's now thinner then when I started the med."

Sounds like a minoxidil effect.

Indeed, but that's one person, now find a few dozen more :innocent:

Kero said:
Is it also possible to take a 20mg capsule/week to get the same results?

I think doses that high will cause hair loss, not hair regrowth