READ READ READ.. Very Interesting POV

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just ignore that sh*t Empire , anyone who makes a theory on how they can help with hair loss usually gets ripped on. Keep up the good work , we need to test every possibility.

:punk:

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

It's been a week. I've taken 3x 10mg pills in that space.

I'm starting to slightly break out now. (which is apparently good)

Fanjeera

Reaction score
That's 30 mg in a week already. You said 10 mg was good. I'm checking this topic too now.
Did some search... Is Roaccutane the same product as Accutane with the medication called isotretinoin? It also says that the standard beginner dose for acne is only 0,5 mg, so we as balders using 10 mg a week will take even more than it's actually meant and therefore will be dealing with even more of the many severe side effects.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
That's 30 mg in a week already. You said 10 mg was good. I'm checking this topic too now.
Did some search... Is Roaccutane the same product as Accutane with the medication called isotretinoin? It also says that the standard beginner dose for acne is only 0,5 mg, so we as balders using 10 mg a week will take even more than it's actually meant and therefore will be dealing with even more of the many severe side effects.

10mg a day, 2 or 3 days a week.

And it would say 0.5mg/kg which means if you are 80kg, you would start out on 40mg a day (which is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than what im experimenting with)

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Empire: Sebum buildup has been touted to cause hairloss by quacks for many decades.

They were wrong way back when, (i.e., when I was a kid) and they are wrong now.

Sure it's good to have clean healthy scalp but sebum does not cause hairloss.

You are being led down the primrose path by the doctor in Egypt.

male pattern baldness is triggered by our bad reaction to DHT. Period, end of story.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Empire: Sebum buildup has been touted to cause hairloss by quacks for many decades.

They were wrong way back when, (i.e., when I was a kid) and they are wrong now.

Sure it's good to have clean healthy scalp but sebum does not cause hairloss.

You are being led down the primrose path by the doctor in Egypt.

male pattern baldness is triggered by our bad reaction to DHT. Period, end of story.

I definately won't rule you out. But I definately won't rule this theory out.

This test will show.. does DHT cause Immune kill our hair.. our does Bacteria, triggered by sebum build, triggered by DHT cause our Immune to kill it.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
helpmyhair said:
Empire, did you manage to take a look into Panthothenic Acid?

Strangely enough I read somewhere it may be a way to reverse hyperandrogenicity!

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Empire, have you noticed any shedding from the Accutane?

I started on Pantothenic Acid (500mg a day) about 2 weeks ago and have noticed an increase in shedding.

G

helpmyhair said:

I started on Pantothenic Acid (500mg a day) about 2 weeks ago and have noticed an increase in shedding.

Whatever the treatment, do you believe a decrease in shedding is a sign that the treatment is working?

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
goten574 said:
helpmyhair said:

Whatever the treatment, do you believe a decrease in shedding is a sign that the treatment is working?

Well eventually that should be the goal, to lose less hair, as with finasteride, its supposed to stop or slowdown hairloss, isn't it. For sure there are shedding phases.

Though this particular treatment seems to work in a different manner, thats why I ask.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
WEEK TWO UPDATE:

- Lips dry
- More acne (some have dissappeared but existing ones are getting bigger)
- Itchy scalp has GONE

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thank you, please keep us updated. i need to know if this will work for my seb dermmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :)

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
So what you guys are trying?

Is this really a myth or should we wash our scalps everyday?

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
billythekid said:
Pantothenic Acid is known to cause hairloss in some cases, see:
http://www.dietboard.net/pantothenic-acid-vitamin-b5-and-hairloss-12246.html

if it works in a similar method to acutane, then even at low doses, you are probably going to worsen your hairloss....

i hope i am wrong, and that it grows back your hair like nothing before. good luck

- Vitamin B5 causes Biotin deficiecny although my regimen of 5mg of
Boitin a day didn't really work

That is why Accutane would cause hair loss. But Vitamin B5 at normal doses should be no risk.

Don't read too much into these sites.. according to these people, everything can cause cancer. The germ on your keyboard as you press it MAY IN 10 YEARS give you skin cancer. Know what I mean?

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. Plus all the people that are posting about hairloss and pantothenic acid were suffering from acne and took it in very large doses to help their skin.. I'm talking 10 grams a day... I take 500mg/day, and also 5000mcg of Biotin... so I'm not at all worried... infact pantothenic acid helps alot with stress, which is a common factor in losing hair faster and also it reduces sebum productions much like accutane.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
i saw a hairloss product today in a pharmacy (topical) that had pantothenic acid listed on the box in big letters.