Rate My Norwood With Conealer Does This Look Below Norwood 2?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought your hair was much worse ............ there is clearly nothing to be worried about. I really don't understand now :/ I would love to have your hair.You should stop hardcore regimen, it's not for you.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought your hair was much worse ............ there is clearly nothing to be worried about. I really don't understand now :/ I would love to have your hair.You should stop hardcore regimen, it's not for you.
My current hair situation has never been a secret. Scroll down I have before and afters using concealer

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How do you apply dermmatch? I've had some sitting around for like a year but never used much because idk how to really apply it properly

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair loss is so slight, concealers seem like they're practically a waste of money for you.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you apply dermmatch? I've had some sitting around for like a year but never used much because idk how to really apply it properly
I can't really explain it but I apply some to the roots of my hair then use a finger to rub it in, then I take a fine tooth comb and comb up in my hair so it sticks to the strands making them look thicker.. It also helps get rid of the blotches left on your skin.
Your hair loss is so slight, concealers seem like they're practically a waste of money for you.
Maybe compared to yours. I'm past NW2 and I'm only 21, that's fairly aggressive.. Especially when an extreme regimen hasn't even slowed my balding down. I won't be slick by 25, but if treatments don't start working I will be forced to buzz my head by the time im 25. Without dermmatch my receding hairline is obvious, especially when the wind blows so its a huge help. Don't discredit my situation as minor when you probably had just as much hair as me at 21 or even more..

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My current hair situation has never been a secret. Scroll down I have before and afters using concealer

Sorry but when I see your pics I can't say your balding. My friend is not balding, and his hair is worse. I really don't understand. I'm not saying you're not losing your hair at all, but obviously you should be happy with all of your hair.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry but when I see your pics I can't say your balding. My friend is not balding, and his hair is worse. I really don't understand. I'm not saying you're not losing your hair at all, but obviously you should be happy with all of your hair.
I have thinning on each side of my hairline but my camera is pretty bad so it doesn't show up. I definitely had more hair 21 months ago. While my hair isn't bad it isn't good for only being 21 :\ Hopefully I'll eventually improve and get back to baseline.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have thinning on each side of my hairline but my camera is pretty bad so it doesn't show up. I definitely had more hair 21 months ago. While my hair isn't bad it isn't good for only being 21 :\ Hopefully I'll eventually improve and get back to baseline.

You want to believe your situation is dramatic. Ok, if that makes you happy (???).
For a 21 years old guy ... you have pretty good hair, with natural mature hairline.
I don't think I've ever had as good hair as yours ... but ok. Let's say your camera is pretty bad and we are not able to see your bad hair condition.
Good luck with your non sense regimen (and yeah I'm taking CPA/Estradiol/Duta ... but I'm really losing my hair, and it's really obvious - I'm still crazy for doing that, but I know that).
I'm really sorry for you, and I envy you. I'm sorry because you over dramatise for something not really that bad, and I envy you because your hair is great, and I would be so happy to have my scalp covered with so much thick hair.
Again ... good luck.

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You want to believe your situation is dramatic. Ok, if that makes you happy (???).
For a 21 years old guy ... you have pretty good hair, with natural mature hairline.
I don't think I've ever had as good hair as yours ... but ok. Let's say your camera is pretty bad and we are not able to see your bad hair condition.
Good luck with your non sense regimen (and yeah I'm taking CPA/Estradiol/Duta ... but I'm really losing my hair, and it's really obvious - I'm still crazy for doing that, but I know that).
I'm really sorry for you, and I envy you. I'm sorry because you over dramatise for something not really that bad, and I envy you because your hair is great, and I would be so happy to have my scalp covered with so much thick hair.
Again ... good luck.

Wanna post a pic of your hair? I’m kind of curious

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again ... good luck.
Even if my hair was better than yours at 21 at least you responded to something you were using for years with success.. I haven't had anything like that its only made my situation worse. You made it into your 30s with acceptable hair, I'll be lucky to see 25 at this rate. If you read my posts you would know I use a thickening shampoo that literally doubles my density and thickness, I recommend it all the time. The hair you are seeing is an illusion, my hair is really fine with no bounce or body. The hairstyle I have currently is impossible to pull off without it. There's plenty of people on here with way more hair than me and being a lot older, they don't seem to get trashed as much as me for being upset about my situation. It's messed up and doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wanna post a pic of your hair? I’m kind of curious

Never. No mirror, no picture.
Even if my hair was better than yours at 21 at least you responded to something you were using for years with success.. I haven't had anything like that its only made my situation worse. You made it into your 30s with acceptable hair, I'll be lucky to see 25 at this rate. If you read my posts you would know I use a thickening shampoo that literally doubles my density and thickness, I recommend it all the time. The hair you are seeing is an illusion, my hair is really fine with no bounce or body. The hairstyle I have currently is impossible to pull off without it. There's plenty of people on here with way more hair than me and being a lot older, they don't seem to get trashed as much as me for being upset about my situation. It's messed up and doesn't make sense.

My hair was good as yours when I was 17 (not as thick), after that you win.
I won't make you realize your hair is really great. And that's not what I'm trying to do actually. You just should avoid taking strong drugs, it's useless, and could make things worse for you.
Maybe I'm wrong, and you have every reasons to be afraid of your current hair condition ... but really sorry, your pictures show something else. Again good luck, and try to be more objective, maybe you are wrong.

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never. No mirror, no picture.

My hair was good as yours when I was 17 (not as thick), after that you win.
I won't make you realize your hair is really great. And that's not what I'm trying to do actually. You just should avoid taking strong drugs, it's useless, and could make things worse for you.
Maybe I'm wrong, and you have every reasons to be afraid of your current hair condition ... but really sorry, your pictures show something else. Again good luck, and try to be more objective, maybe you are wrong.

Btw 750mg of seti really seems to help the itching, I think you should try it

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw 750mg of seti really seems to help the itching, I think you should try it
How much are you paying for seti? Do you think its helping? I'd love to give it a go but the price is ridiculous

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much are you paying for seti? Do you think its helping? I'd love to give it a go but the price is ridiculous

$6 a gram. I’ve done it one and a half days, decreased itching.

Considering dropping it though and giving propecia a legit try or just doing duta

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does your hair look without concealer? Is it just your hair line that is bothering you? If so, then quit everything and just stay in finasteride. I'm not sure how that someone cannot live with that hairline if you got that much hair up top.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How does your hair look without concealer? Is it just your hair line that is bothering you? If so, then quit everything and just stay in finasteride. I'm not sure how that someone cannot live with that hairline if you got that much hair up top.
Scroll down to the bottom of the first page I have before and afters. Its gotten worse since then unfortunately due to some freak of nature shed where Ive been losing literally over a hundred hairs in the shower alone for the past week. All that shed hair has done a number on my thickness behind the sides of my hairline and looks to be thinning almost up to NW3. I'll try take some pics tomorrow but its hard to clearly show anything with my potato camera.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea its fine during the day, even when I'm sweating it doesn't run or come off unless I forgot to cut my nails and itch where I've applied it lol. People will not notice your concealer as long as your hair loss isn't advanced.

Topppik and Dermmatch are the cats pajamas! Never thought my hair could look so good so short. Both are remarkable products.. Shame they aren't permanent lol.

Here you go.
First 5 pictures are without styling and concealer. The next 6 are with just Dermmatch. The last 4 are with styling, dermmatch and a little toppik. Looks pretty good when its finished :)

Man, we both have bad hair bdd. I'm a stable NW1.5 who thinks parts in the hair are new growing bald lines (they're not; I check them thoroughly for thinning). I check my crown dozens of times a day. I run my hands through my hair dozens of times when its wet to see if the top of my scalp is exactly the same density and spend several minutes looking for any, and I mean even a square centimeter of scalp when I get out of the shower. I even had my father examine it (in real life) when it was wet and he told me I was completely crazy. Every time I see a reflective surface I check it in fear my hairline has started to rapidly thin (it hasn't, lol). Every time I wake up I fear that my hair will have looked like it has thinned to oblivion (it hasn't). Man, even if you don't have active and significant hair loss, just the thought of more of it possibly falling out drives you crazy.

I probably have more problems than just extremely minor/imagined hair loss..lol

Well, glad to know I found a fellow crazy (according to the forum) here.

By the way, your hair still looks decent, without the other stuff in it.

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, we both have bad hair bdd. I'm a stable NW1.5 who thinks parts in the hair are new growing bald lines (they're not; I check them thoroughly for thinning). I check my crown dozens of times a day. I run my hands through my hair dozens of times when its wet to see if the top of my scalp is exactly the same density and spend several minutes looking for any, and I mean even a square centimeter of scalp when I get out of the shower. I even had my father examine it (in real life) when it was wet and he told me I was completely crazy. Every time I see a reflective surface I check it in fear my hairline has started to rapidly thin (it hasn't, lol). Every time I wake up I fear that my hair will have looked like it has thinned to oblivion (it hasn't). Man, even if you don't have active and significant hair loss, just the thought of more of it possibly falling out drives you crazy. Your hair is fantastic, you're not a bad looking guy either. The world is your oyster lol.

I probably have more problems than just extremely minor/imagined hair loss..lol

Well, glad to know I found a fellow crazy (according to the forum) here.

By the way, your hair still looks decent, without the other stuff in it.
Yup I'm apparently the crazy BDD trans regimen guy on here. They don't know nothing though.. I really need a better camera as my current one captures very little detail and shadows seem to render as grainy for some reason.
Thanks, my hair isn't too bad yet but the recent shed has thinned out the sides of my hairline pretty bad :( I'll try post some pics tomorrow but I doubt I'll capture it on this camera, its useless!