Quitting Masturbation - Hair growing thicker and thicker!

GeminiX

Reaction score
I know I should ignore Hoppi's posts but I’m like a rabbit suddenly trapped In the blinding headlights of vacuous crap.

Don't hold your breath for any actual evidence from him, in the few months he's been posting here he's posted about completely beating hair loss at least twice, and also (seemingly days apart) had terrific sheds and losses. He has some kind of supercharged hair which has growth and shed cycles several times in a given week.

Of course, we've not been given any evidence of this and he insists we must simply trust him...

I'm convinced he also believes in faith healing, water memory and the tooth fairy.

Coolstorybro

Reaction score
There is obviously a connection between male pattern baldness and Your balls. Tell me, why is a side effect of finasteride, You can't get a HARD ON from Your balls? There's obviously a connetion.

And Hoppi isn't a freak. He's obviouslly really smart. I've personally talked to him on MSN messenger, He seems to know what he's talking about! :)

Nene

Reaction score
Hoppi reminds me of the Japanese scholar who wrote "The End of History." We all know it's not true but it makes a splash, just like when Hoppie "Cures Hairloss."

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
The radar is being watched very closely and always has been. If someone is here under false pretenses they will be gone. That is what we are here do on a daily basis.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Brains Expel Hair said:
Masturbation increases prostaglandin. Prostaglandins increase inflammation. Inflammation increases hair loss.

Stop whining about the minimal effects on DHT and testosterone caused by sexual activities (and they are quite minor), there's more to the picture.

Well done man, thanks for covering that side of it :)

I don't know in detail how masturbation effects the hair yet, I just know I have heard many people reducing, stopping or reversing their male pattern baldness by stopping (usually particularly regular) masturbation or sex. I also understood that sex obviously has a connection to sex hormones.

You may well be right though that the connection here is more to prostaglandins and inflammation, which sadly is something I know a bit less about at this point :) Good call dude, it would still be great to see more studies regarding this! :)

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
because it could provide clues into what acts upon male pattern baldness, and what certain people can do to stop it.

And why do we need clues to explain something that is already well known?

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Hoppi, I don't think "Evidence" means what you think it means...

hey Geminix, what have you got against Hoppi. I think he's honest and is approaching everything with far more intelligence than you or some other people on here. How does another persons experience not count as more evidence? He's not calling it proof!

Wake up!!! And stop being so wrong and looking stupid just coz it suits what you'd rather believe.

Reaction score
dougfunny said:
Hoppi said:
The point I am trying to make is that anything that impacts male hormones has the potential to affect male pattern baldness, as it is a hormone-triggered condition.

The point we are trying to make is that the impact is INSIGNIFICANT.

Yes, perhaps over your lifetime not masturbating or masturbating could make a 0.00001% difference.

It certainly will not be noticeable in the short term.

So saying you have noticed a difference over a few weeks or months is almost undoubtedly nonsense.

To say it is SUDDENLY THICKER AND THICKER OH WOW is just insanity
:freaked:
How can you be so sure the effects are insignificant. I think the effects of raised testosterone levels or other hormonal imbalances as a result of arousal and orgasm must be highly significant.

I admit that I'm an orgasm addict but whenever I've gone through periods of abstinence my hair always feels healthier and to the point where each shaft begins to stand on my head. There is proof that same hair shaft can grow thicker before falling out and starting a new cycle and I think the results could be seen in as little as two weeks of abstinence. Now I'm no scientist but I'm as good an observer as anyone else out there and I'm good at moticing changes in my body. Abstaining from addictive masturbatory behaviour certainly allows my body to feel less fatigued and generally healthier. I'm also convinced if I quit ejaculating consciencely for a year, my hair would go back to the strength and quality ad I had in my teens. I'm now 29.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Coolstorybro said:
joshua said:
Actually Cool story bro is the troll here; a clone of a once seemingly normal user who is now vastly drifting off into darkness. A sad sight to behold. Sad, but entertaining nonetheless.
cool story bro

Enough with this please. Just saying "cool story bro" on several posts to build post count will now be deleted and warnings will be issued. It was funny in the beginning but after 12 times it's getting annoying. If you do not have anything constructive to add to the threads then do not post.

Thanks for your understanding.

GeminiX

Reaction score
balanceguardian said:
GeminiX said:

hey Geminix, what have you got against Hoppi. I think he's honest and is approaching everything with far more intelligence than you or some other people on here. How does another persons experience not count as more evidence? He's not calling it proof!

Wake up!!! And stop being so wrong and looking stupid just coz it suits what you'd rather believe.

Ok, so just to summarise...

The OP claims that in roughly two weeks of no masturbation he:

• Has stronger legs.[/*:m:lag810lh]
  • Has stopped all his hair-loss and is in fact seeing significant regrowth.[/*:m:lag810lh]
  • His voice is getting deeper.[/*:m:lag810lh]

In a nutshell then, ceasing masturbation has transformed him into Isaiah Mustafa in less time that it would take from a combination of a hair transplant, significant amounts of leg work at the gym and puberty.

Hoppi then leaps into action, heralds this "Evidence" as the dawn of a new miracle cure for hair loss and no doubt an end to global famine and the beginnings of world peace too.

Right....

And you say I'm the one who looks stupid?

But ok, in all seriousness my problem with Hoppi (as I've already posted several times) is that he picks up these fad miracle cures, claims he's cured his own hair-loss (which no-one has seen any evidence of) while confusing people who come here looking for *PROVEN* treatments and advice.

I'm not opposed to study and research, I'm as open to new ideas as anyone else who believes in scientific method, that is what I believe in (which you would know if you had actually read my posts).

What I don't like are people who try to behave like some kind of attention seeking, miracle wielding messiah who has *ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROOF* for anything they claim; potentially confusing people and getting in the way of finding actual treatments which are scientifically proven to work.

So "balanceguardian", how about you "wake up" and do your own research. I have publicly documented pretty much every experience about every drug and surgical procedure I've taken or had in my fight with hair-loss over the last SIX YEARS, not just shown up in the last few months and claimed to have all the answers after reading something on Wikipedia.

GeminiX

Reaction score
balanceguardian said:
GeminiX said:

Ok, so just to summarise...

The OP claims that in roughly two weeks of no masturbation he:

• Has stronger legs.[/*:m:ro80t5nl]
  • Has stopped all his hair-loss and is in fact seeing significant regrowth.[/*:m:ro80t5nl]
  • His voice is getting deeper.[/*:m:ro80t5nl]

In a nutshell then, ceasing masturbation has transformed him into Isaiah Mustafa, and even more amazingly, in less time that it would take from a combination of a hair transplant, significant amounts of leg work at the gym and puberty.

Hoppi then leaps into action, heralds this "Evidence" as the dawn of a new miracle cure for hair loss and no doubt an end to global famine and the beginnings of world peace too.

Right....

And you say I'm the one who looks stupid?

But ok, in all seriousness my problem with Hoppi (as I've already posted several times) is that he picks up these fad miracle cures, claims he's cured his own hair-loss (which no-one has seen any evidence of) while confusing people who come here looking for *PROVEN* treatments and advice.

I'm not opposed to study and research, I'm as open to new ideas as anyone else who believes in scientific method, that is what I believe in (which you would know if you had actually read my posts).

What I don't like are people who try to behave like some kind of attention seeking, miracle wielding messiah who has *ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROOF* for anything they claim; potentially confusing people and getting in the way of finding actual treatments which are scientifically proven to work.

So "balanceguardian", how about you "wake up" and do your own research? I have publicly documented pretty much every experience about every drug and surgical procedure I've taken or had in my fight with hair-loss over the last SIX YEARS, not just shown up in the last few months and claimed to have all the answers after reading something on Wikipedia.

Edit: And just in case you missed my earlier posts about Hoppi; I actually supported the guy at first, even when he was getting a hard time from others. Back then he was agreeing to do some actual testing of his theories and take a scientific approach; unfortunately once he discovered that that it takes time and effort to do things properly he gave up on that idea.

floydian

Reaction score
fail_thread.jpg

:whistle:

Hoppi

Reaction score
I never, ever implied this was a miracle cure. I am just saying it might help.

I also believe that triggers differ from individual to individual. So, one person might have been masturbating say 3 or 4 times a day, and should stop, and their male pattern baldness might stop or regrow (I have heard of this twice already, so I'm not ruling it out), some people may be drinking too much green tea, which is increasing their dht levels (twice), some people may have collagen problems (once or twice), gluten intolerance (once or twice), naturally high DHT or DHT sensitivity (many times). This is why I put so much emphasis on those wise words from CS :)

Reaction score
Hey Gemini, Hoppi has never made no claim for a miracle cure you dumbass. He has done research on certain things here and there and tried to work out all the possible known reasons why male pattern baldness might happen. I'm with him when he says that the reason mbp might not have been worked out in 4000 years of science, is because there are many underlying factors involved. For some it's overactive thyroids, for some it's nutritional defficiencies, for some it's overmasturbation, for some it's smoking cannabis and for some it's an overwhelming sensitivity to dht.
Perhaps for some it's a combination of all these things speeding up our male pattern baldness. The more we know the greater the chance of slowing it down. I congratulate hoppi on what he has done in the last few months.

Not everyone is willing to f*** with their bodies the way you have. Some of us don't want the sexual sides of finasteride, so we have to look for other changes in lifestyle and diet that we can make in order to give our heads of hair as much of a chance as possible. Why the f*** do narrow minded people like you bash a thread like this in the experimental section?

The more knowledge we have the better chance we have of dealing with this problem. Why do you have to mock people like hoppi if they propose that sexual activity, which is known to cause shifts in our hormonal balance, effect male pattern baldness. You dint need to have pages and pages of research to believe this. Fair enough we don't know the intensity of damage sexual activity has on hair follicles, but I for one happen to believe it to be significant. Purely through observations on my own body. Whilst this is not proof, it certainly is further evidence. It's common sense. I think people like you lack any imagination and are just sheep.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
+1 to the post above! amen!

I however totally don't beleive masturbation has any effect on longterm male pattern baldness. I do however beleive OVER masturbation probably dosn't help. Everything in moderation as they say.

and i don't mean any offence to you, gemini, but i feel your input on hairloss is completely pointless , i mean, you've had a sex change. Sorry but none of us here want to go through that to stop our hairloss, I know that's not why you had an operation, but i mean, why do you even post here anymore? do you still lose hair?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
I never, ever implied this was a miracle cure.
@Hoppi, you've used the term "Cure" several times over different threads and certainly implied it here.

balanceguardian said:
Hey Gemini, Hoppi has never made no claim for a miracle cure you dumbass. He has done research on certain things here and there and tried to work out all the possible known reasons why male pattern baldness might happen.
@Balanceguardian, Yes he has made claims to have cured hairloss, so again I would ask you to get your facts straight before you flame people who are trying to maintain the integrity of this forum. Hoppi does not do any research beyond reading anecdotal accounts from the interweb and then regurgitating them as proven facts. All I'm asking is he backs up his constant stream of drivel with proven scientific results before claiming to have the cure (something which he originally agreed to do).

Fender89 said:
and i don't mean any offence to you, gemini, but i feel your input on hairloss is completely pointless , i mean, you've had a sex change. Sorry but none of us here want to go through that to stop our hairloss, I know that's not why you had an operation, but i mean, why do you even post here anymore? do you still lose hair?

@Fender, I'm surprised and disappointed to see a post like this from you, you've seemed to be quite sensible in the past. I would normally just ignore posts from people who want me to leave the forum, but as it's you I'll indulge you.

First, I regularly respond to discussions regarding the psychological impact of hairloss, something I spent over a decade of my life dealing with prior to starting hairloss treatment.

I also comment on topics where the term "transsexual" pops up, I search on the term fairly regularly as it pops up fairly often. In addition to the above, I also get numerous PM's from other transsexuals who have come here looking for support and are in the same place that I was a number of years ago.

Next we have the hair transplants, I've had two and am planning a third (I think), my being a transsexual does not have any impact on the feedback I can provide for people who are considering a transplant does it?

Then, there are the numerous posts from people who are considering taking Androcur, I think I'm the only active poster here who has that as part of their regimen and it's a *very* nasty drug that should only be taken with medical supervision (something I regularly point out).

If that seems "pointless" to you then it's a shame (and I suspect that you have deeper issues with me than you're admitting to), but feel free to add my posts to your ignore list.

Edit
seaback said:
Hey Geminix, just let it go.
@Seaback, you're right I'm sure all of this is no good for my blood pressure :)

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
floydian said:
The hormones are not guilty. Bald guys have sensitive hair follicles. This is the problem, not the hormones.
Oh yes, they are. Eunuchs never experienced male pattern baldness.

Hormones alone may not be able to do the damage. Genes alone may not either. But both combined give what we all know. And maybe there are other factors too, yet to be discovered.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
balanceguardian said:
I'm also convinced if I quit ejaculating consciencely for a year, my hair would go back to the strength and quality ad I had in my teens.
You must be joking, right? Letting fluids stagnating inside your prostate is not good for health reasons.

While excess of spermatozoan is never a problem because they easily are absorbed back by the body, the same is not true for the seminal fluids. Those are constantly produced by the prostate and other organs in his vicinity and are only in part eliminated with urine, if not ejaculation takes place. In this case and for some people, they are also eliminated during nocturnal emissions. But for many others, including me, nocturnal emissions just do not happen (personally this awakes me and the fluids never get out involuntarily). Accumulation of such fluids builds up pressure on the prostate eventually leading to a condition known as prostate congestion. There is not underlying pathology, although not well explored in the long term, but the condition iteself mimics very closely the symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia.

You do not want to know what kind of misery this can bring to your everyday life. I had to go through this last year and since then I learned my lesson: never let the prostate fluids stagnate. After this I was almost convinced that the aggressive character of male sexuality must be related not only to testosterone but to prostate functions too.

And although studies relating frequency of ejaculation with prostate cancer are rather inconclusive, I remember having read about one or more studies showing a lower probability for cancer if ejaculations occur frequently.