Questions regarding Stemoxydine (effectiveness, side effects, etc)

Hairstani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering the fact that a number of studies have proven that Minoxidil (Rogaine) causes a decrease in collagen production, even if it is taken topically, due to its ability to penetrate the skin barrier and go systemic, I started to look at alternatives. My attention was immediately attracted to Stemoxydine. Despite the cost and decreased efficiency, it seems to me that Stemoxydine does not cause any reduction in collagen production. I myself, have no experience with this topical treatment, and I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used this topical for a prolonged period of time? I have looked up multiple other threads that discuss Stemoxydine, but the thing is that there are simply no reviews from long-term Stemoxydine users. I would really appreciate it if someone, preferably a long-term user, could share some of their experiences with this topical.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering the fact that a number of studies have proven that Minoxidil (Rogaine) causes a decrease in collagen production, even if it is taken topically, due to its ability to penetrate the skin barrier and go systemic, I started to look at alternatives. My attention was immediately attracted to Stemoxydine. Despite the cost and decreased efficiency, it seems to me that Stemoxydine does not cause any reduction in collagen production. I myself, have no experience with this topical treatment, and I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used this topical for a prolonged period of time? I have looked up multiple other threads that discuss Stemoxydine, but the thing is that there are simply no reviews from long-term Stemoxydine users. I would really appreciate it if someone, preferably a long-term user, could share some of their experiences with this topical.
nothing beats th goat min in term of regrowth and stemox smells awfully bad

Hairstani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are the studies proving minoxidil decreases collagen production?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn didn't know vegf decreasd collagen... why is it used in face cream Then?

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does stemoxydine even work? I used it for a little didn't notice any change except my usual loss. If I recall correctly there's very few studies on it and the one that showed the best results seemed kinda shitty and was done by the company or funded by the company that owned it.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t waste any money, time or faith in stemox.. oh wait, I already did...

Pick and choose from the effective traditional treatments. Those with substantial research behind them.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand that you want SAFE and effective treatment but when you are looking on efficiency/sides ratio minoxidil has one of the best ratio. plus look at the studies that you linked:
-"Exposure to ≥0.5 mM MXD resulted in a decrease in collagen type I accumulation after 8 and 21 days in culture. "
-" were administered a minoxidil solution (30 mg/kg) by oral gavage... The anti-fibrotic effects of minoxidil may be mediated through competitive inhibition of LHs activity, resulting in decreased pyridine cross-link formation and collagen production and deposition"
-"there was approximately a 30% inhibition of collagen production with 5 ng/ml bFGF, 0.1 ng/ml VEGF and 100 ng/ml minoxidil."

Basicly minoxidil inhibit collagen production at very large doses. These concentration are barely achive with oral minoxidil for hair loss although for sure oral has higher chance of it.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand that you want SAFE and effective treatment but when you are looking on efficiency/sides ratio minoxidil has one of the best ratio. plus look at the studies that you linked:
-"Exposure to ≥0.5 mM MXD resulted in a decrease in collagen type I accumulation after 8 and 21 days in culture. "
-" were administered a minoxidil solution (30 mg/kg) by oral gavage... The anti-fibrotic effects of minoxidil may be mediated through competitive inhibition of LHs activity, resulting in decreased pyridine cross-link formation and collagen production and deposition"
-"there was approximately a 30% inhibition of collagen production with 5 ng/ml bFGF, 0.1 ng/ml VEGF and 100 ng/ml minoxidil."

Basicly minoxidil inhibit collagen production at very large doses. These concentration are barely achive with oral minoxidil for hair loss although for sure oral has higher chance of it.
will 5mg of oral min cause those sides?and do you know ant way to counteract minoxidil skin sides except from retin a? thank you so much

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It shouldnt, even people that supposedly got skin aging as a side effect, never proved it with actual photos. Imo minoxidil aging skin is urban legend
i got a twin brother that has been on huge topical dose of minoxidil for 8 years while i haven't used it consistantly and trust me his skin looks 10 years older than me and full of wrinkles

Hairstani

My Regimen
Reaction score
i got a twin brother that has been on huge topical dose of minoxidil for 8 years while i haven't used it consistantly and trust me his skin looks 10 years older than me and full of wrinkles
Post pictures. You don't have to show the entire face, just crow feet, under-eye area, and forehead.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post pictures. You don't have to show the entire face, just crow feet, under-eye area, and forehead.
why would i lie about that my life is already shity enough .... and trust me i love minoxidil i respond well to the drugs it's just that it destroy my face each time i get back on it