Question for oral minoxidil users . . .

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you stay on 5mg before lowering to 2.5mg. Did the lowering affect your hair, did it cause a shed?
I was on 5mg for probably a month before lowering it, so it's hard to say how much it impacted it. But I think it's safe to assume I would've had better results with 5mg. The point of diminishing returns for oral mix has got to be >5mg.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed oily skin with oral minoxidil or is that maybe from reducing avodart

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some anecdotal forum posts claim "wrinkles" and "dark eye circles"

This has been claimed for topical minoxidil, but as a user of topical minoxidil, I can say it's BS and my skin is perfectly fine

To me it all just seems like more fear and hysteria like the anti-finasteride, anti-everything crowd would spread

So to oral minoxidil users, be honest, have you experienced "wrinkles" and "dark eye circles"? Or no not really?
I have eye circles but it doesn't bother me whatsoever. I love oral minoxidil. It made me the werewolf that I am today.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grim, it would be interesting if you experimented with 2.5mg at some point, just to see if you can maintain on a lower dose. We have seen it validated, at least empirically, that 5-10mg can stimulate regrowth, so it would be interesting if one could titrate down to even lower dosages for maintenance.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saves money
are you still using topical in conjonction to oral? you're resuts and lack of sides is what is motivating me to up my oral dose tbh. sorry to ask but according to you what would be the minimal does of OM to make the switch and totally drop topical for an hyper responder o topical using more than 7/10 ml per day on the entre scalp? i have the feeling than 2.5 might not be enough . thanks

Last edited:

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grim, it would be interesting if you experimented with 2.5mg at some point, just to see if you can maintain on a lower dose. We have seen it validated, at least empirically, that 5-10mg can stimulate regrowth, so it would be interesting if one could titrate down to even lower dosages for maintenance.
I'll give it a try

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
are you still using topical in conjonction to oral? you're resuts and lack of sides is what is motivating me to up my oral dose tbh. sorry to ask but according to you what would be the minimal does of OM to make the switch and totally drop topical for an hyper responder o topical using more than 7/10 ml per day on the entre scalp? i have the feeling than 2.5 might not be enough . thanks
I on occasion use topical but not much anymore. I'd give 5mg a try to see if you can get explosive results

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
148561.jpg

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some anecdotal forum posts claim "wrinkles" and "dark eye circles"

This has been claimed for topical minoxidil, but as a user of topical minoxidil, I can say it's BS and my skin is perfectly fine

To me it all just seems like more fear and hysteria like the anti-finasteride, anti-everything crowd would spread

So to oral minoxidil users, be honest, have you experienced "wrinkles" and "dark eye circles"? Or no not really?
It's not BS, it just means you are one of the people who didn't get such side effects. I know people who have side dark circles and reported other skin aging stuff