Question for oral minoxidil users . . .

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever the effect vel non, the issue with my eyes is variable but yes, it seems that oral min causes it much more than topical. It appears to be a drying effect that combined with heavy sleep or extra hours asleep exacerbates the issue. I have been using moisturizer and concealer for this and it improves as the day goes on but on the strongest dosages, it has been noticeable and I wouldn't say distressing, certainly not when compared to how well it has worked on scalp hair. I just had laser done again from below the neck down so the peripheral hair effect has been manageable for me but it's possible that extremely hairy people might feel otherwise.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do know it actually happened to them and it's not nocebo effect? That's the point I'm saying
That's a good point. Purportedly using unmarked water instead of minoxidil can "regrow" hair via the placebo effect so I suppose such an effect is possible here. My eyes a couple of mornings almost looked mutant in terms of puffiness. I think it has to do with how the water in the materials around the eyes re-settles during sleep.

When I halved my dosage, it became much better but I am still on a very high daily dose at .125ml twice daily. Before I was on .5ml split into two daily doses and this effect, if valid, and the water gains and swelling diminished more or less to baseline after lowering dosage. Using microneedling plus minoxidil, once to three times weekly for five minutes or less might be a better path for those concerned about such effects. I recommend always microneedling the neck and face, as well as the entire scalp for those with the inclination towards improving everything above the neck.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do know it actually happened to them and it's not nocebo effect? That's the point I'm saying

Because they've been positive as ever about the whole thing all the time until other people other than them pointed out they have dark circles and aging skin.

So yeah.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
Because they've been positive as ever about the whole thing all the time until other people other than them pointed out they have dark circles and aging skin.

So yeah.
Same thing with post finasteride syndrome