Published in Nature: Weekly treatment with SAMiRNA targeting the androgen receptor ameliorates androgenetic alopecia

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
This looks very promising. 83% efficacy of finasteride and they haven't even tried higher doses (with no adverse events). As always, we'll see.

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This looks very promising. 83% efficacy of finasteride and they haven't even tried higher doses (with no adverse events). As always, we'll see.
If this is easy to get from Korea I bet some of us here will be applying 2-3x per week

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is easy to get from Korea I bet some of us here will be applying 2-3x per week
Not something you want going systemic. I wouldn't apply more than the once a week that is recommended. Then again, the efficacy isn't all that great, so more frequent applications might not induce side effects?

Last edited:

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not something you want going systemic. I wouldn't apply more than the once a week that is recommended. Then again, the efficacy isn't all that great, so more frequent applications might not induce side effects?
They did frequent applications without side effects but also without much efficacy as well. One bigger dose is better.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The response rate is higher and there is more regrowth than in finasteride with alledgedly no side-effects.

If the stated information is true, it would be superior to finasteride in every way.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
If that sh*t is as ineffective as the Covid-19 vaccines, that sounds promising... Lol.
The rna vaccines are one of the most insane things to come out of modern science, period. The original vaccines were effective versus the variants that they were designed against. During delta and prior the split of hospitalizations for vaccinated vs. not was over 10/90.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
The response rate is higher and there is more regrowth than in finasteride with alledgedly no side-effects.

If the stated information is true, it would be superior to finasteride in every way.
It says 87% as effective as finasteride, but if this is true it would make finasteride basically irrelevant for most people.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this one isn't a cure, but if it does what it says it does (slightly less effective than finasteride with no side effects), it will be the best treatment on the market. We've heard "the same as finasteride with no side effects" before and it has fallen apart in trials (e.g. CB-03-01 which eventually caused adverse events on the HPA axis) but this method of action is more interesting. Still, some healthy skepticism is warranted.

Of all the treatments we know about in the pipeline, I find cell reprogramming companies (dNovo/Stemson) most promising for a real cure but I'd guess we're 5-10 years away at least. So this would be very nice to maintain with as we wait.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It says 87% as effective as finasteride, but if this is true it would make finasteride basically irrelevant for most people.

On the fact sheet here, the regrowth per month was higher with this thing than in finasteride. The total regrowth was more for finasteride because they compared 4 months for this solution with 6 months of finasteride. I hope the folliclethought article is not based on that comparison as it obviously is not an equal one.

The pathways are different for both solution I believe, so theoretically you could take both an gain both their effects.

Big "if" of course here, as somebody mentioned we have heard such stories many times before. However, science does advance at a rapid pace so I expect better alternatives to fina and minoxidil to come sooner rather than later.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the fact sheet here, the regrowth per month was higher with this thing than in finasteride. The total regrowth was more for finasteride because they compared 4 months for this solution with 6 months of finasteride.
The "83% efficacy compared to finasteride" is from the study itself, not the fact sheet posted earlier. In the study, it was 24 weeks cosmerna compared to 24 weeks finasteride.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news based on their study, but the images aren't very impressive?

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The "83% efficacy compared to finasteride" is from the study itself, not the fact sheet posted earlier. In the study, it was 24 weeks cosmerna compared to 24 weeks finasteride.

I quickly read the study, but can't find where that 83% exactly comes from and what it means. If true, that fact sheet is misleading.

However, if this is indeed a viable option, we will hear more than enough about it in the coming months.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's mostly for maintenance with a little regrowth.

Maintenance is overrated though, especially in these short-term studies.

Some people more or less 'maintain' for 10 years with no treatment. If it can give at least 5% regrowth that would be something to talk about, so hopefully it delivers regrowth even if minor.

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maintenance is overrated though, especially in these short-term studies.

Some people more or less 'maintain' for 10 years with no treatment. If it can give at least 5% regrowth that would be something to talk about, so hopefully it delivers regrowth even if minor.
Sideless maintenance + hair transplant = cure