Published in Nature: Weekly treatment with SAMiRNA targeting the androgen receptor ameliorates androgenetic alopecia

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
im wondering, if Chinese people respond better to regrowth treatments but still have the same population onset of Androgenetic Alopecia, has it been found what is the exact genetic reason as to why they respond better to treatments? It might shed some light in the right direction (hopefully its prolactin related)
EDAR mutation that makes them less susceptible to baldness in the first place, lower androgen levels. It could be that Chinse men who go bald have short CAG sequences, which makes their balding more severe but improves their treatment response.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they want to be considered a cosmetic and skip whole FDA trials... im skeptic they will be allowed to do it. This is far from a simple cosmeceutical

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol I would use it just doubt it will pass as a cosmetic with 0 FDA approved trials. The other mRNA drug has already been disclassified for same reason.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

“The first SAMiRNA product will be available for sale in the first half of 2023. We had an unconventional route to commercialization by developing a hair loss cosmeceutical product. CosmeRNA, named after cosmetic RNA, provided an early validation of our platform’s potential as a topical cosmetic product for androgenetic alopecia (hair loss).”

McBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Translate?
I just used Google Translate, I don't speak Korean either. But from what I understood it says that they completed registration in the UK and now it can be sold in 32 countries. Also that many buyers were interested in the product even before its full scale launch

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this will come out in 3 weeks in Europe.

i will try to obtain it. however since I am ridiculously sensitive to anti androgens (severe ED at -17% DHT reduction cause by 0.01% liposomal topical finasteride) I feel like this will cause sexual sides for me. also the results aren't that promising at this dose, you could use a higher dose and like 3 times a week and im sure that'd be really good but then there might be more side effects. also it looks expensive (small bottle and luxurious design, who knows why they go that route)

inmyhead

Reaction score

i will try to obtain it. however since I am ridiculously sensitive to anti androgens (severe ED at -17% DHT reduction cause by 0.01% liposomal topical finasteride) I feel like this will cause sexual sides for me. also the results aren't that promising at this dose, you could use a higher dose and like 3 times a week and im sure that'd be really good but then there might be more side effects. also it looks expensive (small bottle and luxurious design, who knows why they go that route)
I think you should wait. It wiill be ridiculously expensive, results are minor and you will get sides anyways

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should wait. It wiill be ridiculously expensive, results are minor and you will get sides anyways
why do you think it will be "ridiculously expensive"? nobody will buy this if it is. why would anyone buy this sh*t if its expensive and stuff like minoxidil exists? most would ditch it immediately especially those who are not on this forum.

also wait for what? what do I wait for, I cant tolerate finasteride even though its super effective even at 0.1% liposomal topical. a 17% reduction of DHT, something that might happen even without finasteride from one day to the other completely destroys my sexual functioning. there are not really many options if you are this prone to sexual sides from these kinds of drugs.

i proposed to try to figure out how to make it work because really you only need the anti androgen locally in the skin so if one could just keep it there with a good delivery vehicle we would win but nobody was interested so this will not go anywhere. I did the research, if you cant tolerate anti androgens you are fucked.
----------------------------
when pyrilutamide and the degrader come out there will be two kinds of people. those who can tolerate anti androgens will basically be cured as the combination of dutasteride, finasteride, pyrilutamide and GT will completely kill any androgenic action on the scalp.
then there are those who cannot tolerate anti androgens due to sexual sides. for them NOTHING WILL CHANGE compared to 1989 when minoxidil was invented. its f*****g crazy

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ah that sucks, but maybe try to have different mindset going into it. If youre already expecting sides to absolutely happen, chances are you will absolutely get them.
I might be wrong but didnt the whole point of a cosmetic product would be to come without sides? Otherwise they would need to run clinical drug trials. But lets see.
Would you mind telling me where you got the Info that it will be available in a few weeks inside Europe? I might give it a try also, as im from Germany and looking for something safe for maintainence.
I also fear that it will be expensive. Would be much better If they were selling it in cheap bottles in supermarkets like Stemoxydine.
Btw did you ever try eucapil/Fluridil? They Claim to have no sides either.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah that sucks, but maybe try to have different mindset going into it. If youre already expecting sides to absolutely happen, chances are you will absolutely get them.
I might be wrong but didnt the whole point of a cosmetic product would be to come without sides? Otherwise they would need to run clinical drug trials. But lets see.
Would you mind telling me where you got the Info that it will be available in a few weeks inside Europe? I might give it a try also, as im from Germany and looking for something safe for maintainence.
I also fear that it will be expensive. Would be much better If they were selling it in cheap bottles in supermarkets like Stemoxydine.
Btw did you ever try eucapil/Fluridil? They Claim to have no sides either.

no have only tried finasteride as anti androgen. the study evidence on fluridil is very weak, id try some natural product like quercetin or melatonin who also have mild anti androgenic properties before I try fluridil

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think what also makes this different than for example pyrilutamideis that siRNAs tend to be very unstable in the blood serum. it depends on the formulation but it could just disintegrate rapidly and since its not used everyday it also cant really accumulate. but its all speculation. I wrote them a mail asking why they think there cant be systemic effects. im not sure if im even going to bother anymore bc severe ED at 0.01% topical finasteride is just meme worthy

e.g you would not be able to just inject the covid mRNA into the blood, it would immediately disintegrate because of nuclease enzymes in the blood. thats why they put it into a nano lipid (which is actually what the virus who is mostly RNA himself does as well, its a similar hull of nano lipids). so it depends on how they modified the siRNA. its not actually delivered in a carrier but it self assembles as a nanoparticle so idk how that behaves in serum. but I think in theory it would be very much possible to design something that is active in skin and disintegrates in the blood serum. siRNAs are mostly research though and the only two companies working on this for this condition are Olix and this one

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nevermind. on their website they state:

Pre-clinical data for SAMiRNA​

+ siRNA Prodrug: highly stable in circulation with siRNA release and activity only after metabolism within target cells

so basically the exact opposite of what you'd want if you are prone to sexual sides from anti androgens. cant win