Prp Treatment growing "Peach fuzz" but will these hairs become dark, mature hairs?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Hairline started receding around 23 but lost most of my hair after 27.

Same here, but I'm 38. I pretty much have the same pattern you have, but my crown is worse. It will be interesting to see if this works out for you. If it does I would be convinced to give it a try.

voss224

Banned
Reaction score
So will it maintain whatever hair you have left for the rest of your life with periodic sessions??

Im not sure but that's the hope. I was shedding extremely aggressively. It stopped my shed. I'll keep posting progress, you can judge for yourself. As for me, It's done enough for me to continue the treatment.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I mean like if a get a hair transplant and go from a Norwood 3/4/5 to a NW1 and i refuse to use finasteride, then can i use PRP to save what i have left with regular treatments??

voss224

Banned
Reaction score
I mean like if a get a hair transplant and go from a Norwood 3/4/5 to a NW1 and i refuse to use finasteride, then can i use PRP to save what i have left with regular treatments??

thats my plan. My Doctor says Prp is the natural alternative to big Pharma. I too refuse to use finasteride or any big Pharma drug

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it does the work of maintainenance then im in.
AFTER i have an hair transplant lol

- - - Updated - - -

voss224

Banned
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of hair transplant docs use PRP when performing a hair transplant now. Results in more yield

Justinian

Reaction score
Hey man, it looks like you're hair has definitely gotten slightly better at the 6 month mark.

I've had one PRP treatment done 3 months ago. I just wanted to chime in and say I've had small vellus hairs growing at my temples also, and I'm like 90% sure they weren't there a while ago. I started 1% nizoral one month before the PRP so I'm not 100% sure which one might have caused it. Besides that it's tough to say if my hair has gotten better, but it definitely hasn't gotten worse. My doctor told me the 4 month mark is where you start to notice results.

Good luck and keep us updated, I'll try to remember to chime in with an update in a month or so.

joshrocker

Reaction score
Bro I had 3 sittings of PRP done in 3months span. My hair is shedding severely. Hair shedding started only after start of PRP. Earlier atmax 10hairs used to fallout daily but now after 3prp sittings daily 100hairs are falling.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
JRocker, please keep us updated. I'ld be very interested if you could report here (with b/a pics) at your earliest convenience. Thanx.

mag

Reaction score
joshrocker,

Sorry that you have increased shedding, I hope it will turn around soon.

Could you please let us know the doctor you saw? I think there is a big difference between the protocol and centrifuge system each doctor uses.

I also started extreme shedding the day after I had PRP done. Three months later it has not stopped. I had the PRP done with Dr. Greco.

Thanks

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Have you discussed this concern with Doctor Greco yet?
joshrocker,

Could you please let us know the doctor you saw? I think there is a big difference between the protocol and centrifuge system each doctor uses.

I also started extreme shedding the day after I had PRP done. Three months later it has not stopped. I had the PRP done with Dr. Greco.

Thanks

joshrocker

Reaction score
joshrocker,

Thanks

May i know how many sittings have you taken and any regrowth.

I am from INDIA. My doctor says to take 6 sittings of PRP. After this shedding i am really worried to continue or not. Advice me Bro.

- - - Updated - - -

JRocker, please keep us updated. I'ld be very interested if you could report here (with b/a pics) at your earliest convenience. Thanx.

After treatment pics can be found here.. Before treatment i had lot of hair
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/94248-Hair-Loss-on-sides-and-top-Kindly-advise-me

mag

Reaction score
joshrocker,

I just had the one PRP done by Greco. I would not suggest continuing if you have had no positive benefits. You can wait months between treatments. See if things turn around.

If you let me know what centrifuge system (call your doctor's office and ask) you doctor uses, I can give you more feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

I.D Walker,

Of course I expressed my concerns to Greco. I was told it was too early to know--that you have to wait four months before you can determine any results. I knew that was nonsense. I have been at this a long time.

An increase of shedding for a few weeks is acceptable if there is also a corresponding improvement to scalp health and hair feels and moves with more "life."

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. So Greco confirms your chronic sheds are "normal" PRP side effects?
I get your frustration. I was under the presumption that PRP treatments are staggered at least 6 weeks apart and results can first be seen up to 6 months from initial treatment. It's certainly possible my understanding is no longer accurate?

mag

Reaction score
I.D Walker,

Doctor's are following wildly different protocols and use difference centrifuges that produce very different platelet and white blood cell composition. Some doctors now advocate for PRP treatments closer together. To a large degree they make things up as they go as there isn't much consistency or regulation of PRP in the hairloss industry, as you can imagine.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Mag,

I appreciate your additional remarks about PRP practices. Let me ask you again only once more here and if you choose to decline to answer that's fine.
Does Doctor Greco's professional opinion find your excessive post PRP shedding normal or not?

mag

Reaction score
I.D,

Before I did the procedure his position was that is was highly unusual for someone to have a dread shed. After I told him about my alarming increased shed, he said that it can happen and not to worry about it and that it will resolve and that results would not be apparent until 4 months.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Would this be Dr. Joseph Greco? I trust you'll insist on a refund if things don't stabilize. Anyway as you iterated it's basic good sense to do your homework thoroughly before making any decisions that can impact your health and livelihood. GoodLuck.