Prp And Acell Review By Dr. Cole ....................

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP and ACell Review by Dr. Cole
I want to review the work we have been doing with PRP and ACell over the past year with my patients. We engaged in many studies to evaluate the benefits of PRP in treating hair loss with and without the addition of ACell, evaluated traditional techniques to activate the PRP, and investigated a new method to release growth factors using sound energy, or sonication, to lyse the platelets. Our research is groundbreaking work that has not been performed at any other center, and while much of the data is still in progress, I want to bring you up to speed on the advantages of using sonication to lyse the platelets.

Our initial studies revealed that PRP prepared with the Arthrex Angel system resulted in a 50% increase in hair density, but PRP developed by Regen resulted in a 25% decrease in hair density. We therefore concluded that the method used to prepare the PRP is critical. Unfortunately, many physicians use tubes similar to the Regen system to spin their PRP since these systems represent an inexpensive and simple route for collection, which may be advantageous to the physician but does little for the patient. The Angel system, on the other hand, is far more complex with settings to increase the platelet concentration far beyond that of other systems and filter away red blood cells, granulocytes, and other undesirable cells in PRP. We have shown that using the more complex Angel system of PRP preparation affords greater increases in platelet concentration and hair density.

I heavily invested this past year in laboratory equipment that would allow me to quantify the concentration of growth factors in untreated and activated platelets. I bought ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test kits along with the requisite analytical instrumentation to read their results in addition to a $23,000.00 sonicator. With these items, I conducted a comparative study of the various methods that can be used to activate platelets. Specifically, I used traditional means, such as adding bovine thrombin or calcium gluconate, and my novel sonication approach for lysing platelets, and what I found in these in vitro was that sonication performed for the proper duration of time and sequence could result in a 5 to 8 times greater concentration of growth factors using the Angel system. We further found the Regen method of preparing PRP did not come close to these levels of growth factors regardless of the method employed to release growth factors.

Initial in vivo studies comparing sonicated PRP with calcium gluconate-activated PRP, the preferred clinical route of activation at present, indicated that grafts grew much more rapidly when the soncicated PRP was used. In fact, at the three-month follow up we saw up to 80% of the sonicated Angel PRP-treated grafts were growing. Based on this finding, we embarked on an additional study to evaluate the benefits of sonicated PRP on the rate of graft growth.

I remain very excited about the potential to accelerate graft growth rates with sonicated Angel PRP; hence in the month of September, we are offering 50% off sonicated PRP with Acell with your hair transplant so that we can determine how well this method influences the rate of graft growth. Let us know if you are ready to try this incredible advancement in the field of hair restoration surgery.

In the month of September, we will begin to evaluate the ability of a combined microparticle-PRP therapy to prolong the release of our very high concentration of growth factors.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
pics or it didn't happen brah

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was an email newsletter from his clinic I received so I thought I'd share it.... I agree though, you'd think if one invested money and time into a study they'd have some pics. What a waste.

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
This was an email newsletter from his clinic I received so I thought I'd share it.... I agree though, you'd think if one invested money and time into a study they'd have some pics. What a waste.

I agree Wilfred it sucks not being able to see photos, but the problem I often find is people will say the photos are fake. I have had people tell me my photos of before / after was fake also when I was doing LLLT.

There just isn't enough PrP/Acell patients on this forum, I wish more would come out and tell me their story. I am willing to try this, but only if its well under 2,000grand. I feel like if I'm going to pay 2k for this...I might as well kick in an extra 6k and just get a 1st session hair transplant in. Its especially suspect that many hair transplant patients have said "they throw in prp for extra 500" not perhaps its the Acell part that's expensive, who knows but I am willing to be the lab rat lol.
UPDATED: I just read that "baldingblog" posts. It does appear most credible Doctors are saying the PrP/Acell was a failure :( that sucks. I am more of a diffuse thinner....and I am always told a hair transplant will not do me anygood, because of collateral damage to existing follicles. I have stopped any progressive hairloss, I just want to thicking up the hairline.

Last edited:

small fighter

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am
PRP and ACell Review by Dr. Cole
I want to review the work we have been doing with PRP and ACell over the past year with my patients. We engaged in many studies to evaluate the benefits of PRP in treating hair loss with and without the addition of ACell, evaluated traditional techniques to activate the PRP, and investigated a new method to release growth factors using sound energy, or sonication, to lyse the platelets. Our research is groundbreaking work that has not been performed at any other center, and while much of the data is still in progress, I want to bring you up to speed on the advantages of using sonication to lyse the platelets.

Our initial studies revealed that PRP prepared with the Arthrex Angel system resulted in a 50% increase in hair density, but PRP developed by Regen resulted in a 25% decrease in hair density. We therefore concluded that the method used to prepare the PRP is critical. Unfortunately, many physicians use tubes similar to the Regen system to spin their PRP since these systems represent an inexpensive and simple route for collection, which may be advantageous to the physician but does little for the patient. The Angel system, on the other hand, is far more complex with settings to increase the platelet concentration far beyond that of other systems and filter away red blood cells, granulocytes, and other undesirable cells in PRP. We have shown that using the more complex Angel system of PRP preparation affords greater increases in platelet concentration and hair density.

I heavily invested this past year in laboratory equipment that would allow me to quantify the concentration of growth factors in untreated and activated platelets. I bought ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test kits along with the requisite analytical instrumentation to read their results in addition to a $23,000.00 sonicator. With these items, I conducted a comparative study of the various methods that can be used to activate platelets. Specifically, I used traditional means, such as adding bovine thrombin or calcium gluconate, and my novel sonication approach for lysing platelets, and what I found in these in vitro was that sonication performed for the proper duration of time and sequence could result in a 5 to 8 times greater concentration of growth factors using the Angel system. We further found the Regen method of preparing PRP did not come close to these levels of growth factors regardless of the method employed to release growth factors.

Initial in vivo studies comparing sonicated PRP with calcium gluconate-activated PRP, the preferred clinical route of activation at present, indicated that grafts grew much more rapidly when the soncicated PRP was used. In fact, at the three-month follow up we saw up to 80% of the sonicated Angel PRP-treated grafts were growing. Based on this finding, we embarked on an additional study to evaluate the benefits of sonicated PRP on the rate of graft growth.

I remain very excited about the potential to accelerate graft growth rates with sonicated Angel PRP; hence in the month of September, we are offering 50% off sonicated PRP with Acell with your hair transplant so that we can determine how well this method influences the rate of graft growth. Let us know if you are ready to try this incredible advancement in the field of hair restoration surgery.

In the month of September, we will begin to evaluate the ability of a combined microparticle-PRP therapy to prolong the release of our very high concentration of growth factors.

I am 16 year old no hairloss so far i want to know does regular treatments of prp last forever?

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
I am

I am 16 year old no hairloss so far i want to know does regular treatments of prp last forever?
From all the sources ive read, you gotta go back once every 6 months to a year for PrP shots. Some Docs claim 2 years if combined with Acell, but the more I dig into this, the more I'm seeing that PrP is not worth the money, after the 2nd or 3rd injections, you could of had much saved towards a nice hair transplant.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had prp/ acell done in 2015 and lost ground. It seems my hair loss was accelerated after the treatment. I consider it a huge waste of money

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had prp/ acell done in 2015 and lost ground. It seems my hair loss was accelerated after the treatment. I consider it a huge waste of money

Well, you probably got Telogen Effluvium from the procedure, no?

I am starting to think that the possibility of telogen effluvium after PRP is very considerable.

So, if you have male pattern baldness, are not on anti androgens, or don't respond to anti androgens, getting PRP is like risking half your hair for some scam artist, snake oil bullsh*t.

I am starting to THINK Dr. Cole is selling whatever he can to make as much money as he can. Classic route of the hair transplant surgeon. I wonder how much money he makes per year on this garbage.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
During my procedure they did extensive wounding too, and i wonder if a lot of it was shock loss.

And i was on finasteride and dutasteride at the time and it didnt matter. Loss was substantial.

I thought all i was risking was the money, but yeah, i ended up losing alot of ground too.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had hair transplant from Dr.Cole a few years back in crown I opted for the Angel System PRP with it. 6 months later was the best my hair ever looked since I started losing hair. PRP was done all over scalp and thickened up nicely. A year and a half later it started going downhill again. If he offered as a stand alone I would be doing it.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I had hair transplant from Dr.Cole a few years back in crown I opted for the Angel System PRP with it. 6 months later was the best my hair ever looked since I started losing hair. PRP was done all over scalp and thickened up nicely. A year and a half later it started going downhill again. If he offered as a stand alone I would be doing it.

He's does offer a stand alone. He doesn't advertise you have to ask. He is still taking folks for his studies. I had a PRP stand alone 2 years ago. After 10 months my hair started to go down hill so I got prp with acell and my hair has gotten thicker and it's holding on ok after 9 months. I'll continue to get this treatment once a year.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's does offer a stand alone. He doesn't advertise you have to ask. He is still taking folks for his studies. I had a PRP stand alone 2 years ago. After 10 months my hair started to go down hill so I got prp with acell and my hair has gotten thicker and it's holding on ok after 9 months. I'll continue to get this treatment once a year.
Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I will give them a call

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting so 2 people have said it worked for them. There must be some type of inflammation reason why it wouldn't work for 1 patient, but the 2 others on this thread said they had great results.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting so 2 people have said it worked for them. There must be some type of inflammation reason why it wouldn't work for 1 patient, but the 2 others on this thread said they had great results.
I really think how its processed make a huge difference on how effective it is.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Our initial studies revealed that PRP prepared with the Arthrex Angel system resulted in a 50% increase in hair density, but PRP developed by Regen resulted in a 25% decrease in hair density.

This is the only thing that is interesting to a point of BS or the reason some lost ground after PRP.

@wilfred If you still have the email there is a picture of a case study at the bottom. Although the crappy picture is wet and the after is dry and combed back I would say the cosmetic appearance is impressive. I would post the picture but I deleted the email. I can see it on my phone but it won't let me restore it. I asked Coles office for more but kinda got a run around.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mach Ok I've got the photo (jpg) but for some reason I can't upload it. The error says "contents don't match the file extension". Admin help?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
@wilfred I had to do a screen shot. Not the best before and after

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160816-214247.png
    Screenshot_20160816-214247.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 1,127