Prp And Acell Review By Dr. Cole ....................

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow Mach was that with Transplant And PRP or just PRP..? You on any other protocol? Even with other stuff that is impressive results.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya it looks impressive ..except that the before pic is wet hair and the after is dry hair. Pretty skewed results imo.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does not look wet to me at all.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the insight I have from Dr. Cole.

Here is the study I am currently involved in.

The current study model is to apply Angel Arthrex PRP at a 2 or 3% hematocrit on one side and to activate this with Calcium Gluconate on one side of the scalp. We have found that calcium gluconate activation offers no statistical difference from PRP activated by bovine thrombin and it is quite safe. Bovine thrombin carries the risk of a hypersensitivity reaction or antibody reaction to the foreign thrombin. There are no documented cases of plasmid transmission from Bovine thrombine, but this is a concern some have. Calcium gluconate on the other hand is quite safe. On the other side of the scalp, we are applying sonicated PRP. We know that sonicated PRP helps promote far faster hair growth from transplants than standard PRP. However, we are no sure if sonicated PRP will produce a better response in areas of hair loss.

Sonicated PRP is PRP prepared by exposing your own PRP to a higher energy sound wave intended to lyse the platelets and release a much higher concentration of growth factors than can be obtained through activation with calcium gluconate. Some growth factors are increased by 5 to 8 times the concentration of growth factors activated by calcium gluconate. Sonicated PRP is also very safe. Sonicated PRP requires the use of an expensive machine designed to deliver a known energy for a variable duration of time. We have found that sonication for 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off for a total of one hour produces the highest concentration of growth factors.

The typical cost for PRP is $5000.00 for three treatments. In the study you will receive three treatments for $750.00 each.

In this study we will not perform a trichoscan. A trichoscan requires us to trim to 1mm approximately 2 cm2 surface area of hair. This can be difficult for individuals to conceal. Therefore, we will be looking at density, diameter, and the hair check because this requires a much small surface area of hair trimming and should not be noticeable. While we did see a positive response on the trichoscan in our previous study, we are eliminating this from the present study. The hair check will require your hair be at least 2 inches long for present and future follow ups.

In the study, we will want to see you at 3, 6, and 12 months following treatments. We recommend the following treatment protocol, however we would accept a single treatment provided you make your follow up appointments. We recommend the first treatment at day one, the second treatment at day 90, the third treatment at day 180. However, a single treatment is also possible.

We also know that almost all women respond to PRP. Furthermore we have a new exciting product for men and women that is a Wnt up regulator. The Wnt pathway has been shown to increase hair growth. In a study performed by Antonella Tosti, she found this product improved the Hair Check in the female population of patients she studied. She did not study this product in men.

Let me know if I can help.

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it skeptical you're offering a product for 50 percent off when you have no idea how well it works, or even that. If you truly wanted to benefit your patients, offering this in conjunction with a service such as a hair transplant(that they pay for) for free until you know the true benefits would be the ideal way to gather a large pool of test subjects. I understand you have an investment in that sonic machine, but lets be real, that pays for itself in 5 patients.

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree Wilfred it sucks not being able to see photos, but the problem I often find is people will say the photos are fake. I have had people tell me my photos of before / after was fake also when I was doing LLLT.

There just isn't enough PrP/Acell patients on this forum, I wish more would come out and tell me their story. I am willing to try this, but only if its well under 2,000grand. I feel like if I'm going to pay 2k for this...I might as well kick in an extra 6k and just get a 1st session hair transplant in. Its especially suspect that many hair transplant patients have said "they throw in prp for extra 500" not perhaps its the Acell part that's expensive, who knows but I am willing to be the lab rat lol.
UPDATED: I just read that "baldingblog" posts. It does appear most credible Doctors are saying the PrP/Acell was a failure :( that sucks. I am more of a diffuse thinner....and I am always told a hair transplant will not do me anygood, because of collateral damage to existing follicles. I have stopped any progressive hairloss, I just want to thicking up the hairline.

I had PRP with Acell done on the whole top of my scalp 3 months ago. No results so far, probably too early. Early stages of typical male pattern baldness here.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I find it skeptical you're offering a product for 50 percent off when you have no idea how well it works, or even that. If you truly wanted to benefit your patients, offering this in conjunction with a service such as a hair transplant(that they pay for) for free until you know the true benefits would be the ideal way to gather a large pool of test subjects. I understand you have an investment in that sonic machine, but lets be real, that pays for itself in 5 patients.
Cole doesn't visit this forum and I think he's done with forums. Below is something antonella tosti is involved with.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27035501

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, what a bunch of scammy bullshit. I can literally imagine Dr. Cole riding around on a horse down south selling magical hair loss potions with a roaring southern accent.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who are you talking to?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, what a bunch of scammy bullshit. I can literally imagine Dr. Cole riding around on a horse down south selling magical hair loss potions with a roaring southern accent.
Thanks for your contribution! I'm seeing Cole September 1st. I'll ask him about a horse and any other questions. Number 1 is why prp cost so much.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your contribution! I'm seeing Cole September 1st. I'll ask him about a horse and any other questions. Number 1 is why prp cost so much.

Im curious did you have PRP + Acell done?

Im considering it at some point.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
ACELL in the donor and that Ultrasound PRP on top. Time will tell if it helps.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'd be tempted to go to Rome and try it, but I also found it as weird you have to pay for a study (and not the opposite !!!), some toughts about this study in Rome ?

My thoughts also Pasbrillantebrunet Telogen Effluvium.
Paying in advance does not sit so well with me either.

Now if the overall results of tested participants yielded positive returns,
then that's something else.
Am I hypercritical - too cheap, I don't know? I am rather fond of imbibing
on occasion, a fine Vino de Jerez with my dinner. ;)

Last edited:

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
This dr Cole guy is having us dreaming on Roma!

(Still not ruining the thread... damned)

Like Vinos de Jerez, linguine alle Vongole,
black and white cinematography will
remain another sure-fire classic.
What a lovely evening I had.
Thank you Pasbrillantebrunette.