Pros and Cons of a system.

shookwun

Reaction score
Thanks bro

Very reassuring if I ever have to go the peice route in the future.

System88

Reaction score
Hi System88

Yes, I have worked in Australia, the Gulf and Indonesia in my system, all hot humid countries. I have been on roller coasters, done water-skiing, white water rafting, bungee jumping, scuba diving you name it, with no problems at all. The simple physics of the matter is this: no amount of air pressure on the edge of the system is any match for the strength of freshly applied toupee tape or glue. Obviously when I know I am going to be doing these activities I make sure I have a strong fresh attachment.

Are you already wearing, and if so what adhesive are you using?

Thanks for the reply Nohah,

Yes I’m already wearing a total cover plus system, and I’m using there own glue adhesive for the system. Generally there isn’t any problems but if I train at the gym the system does become loose at the front, even if it had been newly bonded. Im heading to Florida in a few days with a friend and I’m terrified that the system will come off when I’m on the roller coasters at the parks. Under normal circumstances I’m sure it would be fine, its just the humidity that I’m worried about, as I’m sure it will loosen the bond.

newmexicohair

Reaction score
Look at most of the responses on the systems board about the Fred Jackwad!!!! He's a complete troll who is apparently pretty insecure about his hair plugs.

Mr.Green

Reaction score
All these people seem to pop up out of nowhere shookwun. Don't be fooled by members who only have a post count of 3.

Now if a veteran with hundreds or thousands of messages on this board would say that hair pieces are a viable solution...

But that's not going to happen. The last positive comments are most likely from shills. Sorry to burst your bubble.

If a Junior member, with only a few positive posts, is most likely to be a shill; then a Senior member, with thousands of negative posts, is most likely to be a shill too.

Though I wouldn't really consider my posts to be "positive"; just giving my input on the experiences I've had with wearing.

Noah

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Nohah,

Yes I’m already wearing a total cover plus system, and I’m using there own glue adhesive for the system. Generally there isn’t any problems but if I train at the gym the system does become loose at the front, even if it had been newly bonded. Im heading to Florida in a few days with a friend and I’m terrified that the system will come off when I’m on the roller coasters at the parks. Under normal circumstances I’m sure it would be fine, its just the humidity that I’m worried about, as I’m sure it will loosen the bond.

Hi System88

I nearly always wear lace systems now, and my comments are about lace really. I think Total Cover Plus have plastic (skin) bases though, right? I don't really think any amount of wind could blow off a lace hairpiece. The piece doesn't offer any wind resistance - the wind just blows the hair back and the base is also permeable to air. I guess skin based hairpieces may be different, in that if wind were able to get in under the base it would meet resistance and therefore could blow the base back. I did read a posting a while back of that happening to someone who was white water rafting - his hairline bond loosened and a wave obviously got in under the front of his skin piece and flipped the front part of the piece back. He didn't lose the piece completely, but obviously he was busted and embarrassed.

It seems to me the key for you is making sure that while you are in Florida your front is securely bonded so no wind or water can get underneath it. Personally I would not trust entirely to glue, especially if you already get loosening when you train. I would suggest you use a good strong tape at the hairline. Alternatively, if you expose your hairline and are concerned about the appearance of a taped hairline, you could place a line of strong tape half-an-inch behind the hairline, with the front half-inch finished with glue. That would take the strain off the glue. If you do use tape you will need to be very careful when detaching the piece so that you don't tear the base - lots of alcohol and take it really easy.

Another precaution you might think of is to use a strong antiperspirant.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Noah

- - - Updated - - -

Better keep your partner on shackles and avoid social situations where they see your whole network of friends, colleages and so fourth. With social media out there and the wrong break up a havoc is in the making.

That's what you can expect a women to do when she breaks up with your hair peice, that's essentially what she's dating because with out it you're a nobody. Its harsh but we all know he magnitude of the situation and how hair predominantly determines our attraction, and worth.

She will expose and ridicule ur toupee wearing ***. This is what freighteen me about being a peice wearer.

I don't think you are a suitable candidate for wearing hair Shookwun; you are too highly strung about hairloss and it would be too stressful for you.

I don't recognise in my life the people you describe - girls you date, but afterwards they are so vindictive and hateful that they actively seek to broadcast a piece of private intimate information about you to all your friends in order to embarrass you. Girls so volatile and treacherous that you daren't introduce them to your circle of friends. Either I have been exceptionally lucky, or you are living in some kind of soap opera world. Why would you even talk to people like that, let alone date them?

I guess when you start wearing a piece you take the risk that there will be some leakage of information from ex-partners, family members you tell etc., but after the years I have been wearing and the partners I have dated during that time the vast majority of my friends and family do not know about my piece. I can only think of one person who was told (by my brother) who I didn't tell, and that was because he was looking at transplants. In the real world people you have dated are not bitter and twisted, looking for ways to extract revenge, at least not in my world.

newmexicohair

Reaction score
Sorry, hating me won't make your plugs look good!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant observation!!! That Fred cat is a troll!!!! He has plugs yet, spends all his time on this forum bashing those who wear systems. He's pretty insecure about his appearance and his plugs are about all he has!!!

newmexicohair

Reaction score
Not sure why I would be jealous? My systems look far superior to the plugs on your head. And, I've been hating on not one person other than my replies directed to the troll on this forum. I don't troll the x-plant forum and none of those men stray over here, just yourself! So, stand down, Judy Garland...don't get your panties in a bunch! If you seek to come here and bash systems, suck it up and prepare to get flashback!!! I'm not the only one who has responded negatively to your bulll****!!

That is all!!! Carry on with your trolling!!!

You're doing the same to people getting hair transplants. Jealous of their real hair?

Sjckdj

Reaction score
Mr

Hello guys,
I m new wearer, almost 6 months old.I have to admin that the first couple of months were difficult in terms of maintenance.Now Im cleaning my piece once per week and within 1 hour, I have colored it ( if needed) wash it, put tape,and style it.This is the best decision I ve ever made for my self.Before this I had a bad hair transplant, and I was using hair coscealers daily -many times within the same day...Ok I dont want to remember those silly times...With the system attached on my head I can style it the way I like, I look younger-obviously and when it comes to my hair when others notice a difference on it, I only say with humor "I ve changed my barber" :). I dont give a $hit to what others might think, since my hair look very natural !Trust me , if noone knew how my hair looked before,would never notice anything strange to my hair-piece now.I can obviously spot a hairtranspant and its silly results on any head I see daily ...and I cannot compare it to a hair system at all!For me its like you loose a tooth ...you replace it with a new one...Ok I don't say that living with hair system is the easiest thing in the world, but for spending around 1-2 hours per week max...I think its worth it!

Can you please answer these questions for me?:

1. Where do you buy your hair system?

2. Doesnt the growing transplanted hair affect the hair system?

3. How durable is the hair system?

4. Can someone touch it or even run fingers through without notising?

I would really appreciate your answers!

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can you please answer these questions for me?:

1. Where do you buy your hair system?

there are many different places and Im sure we all have our favourites.
NWL, Hollywood, UkHairsystems, Menhairpiece, coolpieces, toplqce

2. Doesnt the growing transplanted hair affect the hair system?

I cant answer that

3. How durable is the hair system?

I get 12-months out of mine and then decide to change. Im sure I could get longer but I change annually.

4. Can someone touch it or even run fingers through without notising?

lace - yes
skin - unlikely

I would really appreciate your answers!

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thing is I am NW4.5 bordering NW5, if I bought a rug and suddenly turned up at work a NW1 with thick luscious hair, people would know instantly it's a rug.
I would have to take 2 weeks off on holiday, come back and say I grew it out. 99% of people at my works would probably believe it, but the other baldies would know something has to be up and they would be inspecting it up close.
Once they see the matrix or detect it in some other way, word would get round your workplace and you would be a laughing stock 100%.
Remember that stupid Twix ad? where he wears Twix as a wig and his workmates tell him to ditch it? it would be like that.

Plus if you have beautiful hair girls always want to touch it. When I had long dark anime hair girls would touch it all the time and run their fingers down your scalp. imagine the paranoia.

read the stories where people get busted. there was one on coolpiece i think? the guy was talking to his co-worker and the co-worker kept looking at the guys hairline and trying to hide a smirk. He goes to the bathroom and sees in the mirror the front has lifted and it is obvious he is wearing a wig. What does he do then? turn up to work the next day as if nothing happens while everyone cracks hair jokes?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thing is I am NW4.5 bordering NW5, if I bought a rug and suddenly turned up at work a NW1 with thick luscious hair, people would know instantly it's a rug.
I would have to take 2 weeks off on holiday, come back and say I grew it out. 99% of people at my works would probably believe it, but the other baldies would know something has to be up and they would be inspecting it up close.
Once they see the matrix or detect it in some other way, word would get round your workplace and you would be a laughing stock 100%.
Remember that stupid Twix ad? where he wears Twix as a wig and his workmates tell him to ditch it? it would be like that.

Plus if you have beautiful hair girls always want to touch it. When I had long dark anime hair girls would touch it all the time and run their fingers down your scalp. imagine the paranoia.

read the stories where people get busted. there was one on coolpiece i think? the guy was talking to his co-worker and the co-worker kept looking at the guys hairline and trying to hide a smirk. He goes to the bathroom and sees in the mirror the front has lifted and it is obvious he is wearing a wig. What does he do then? turn up to work the next day as if nothing happens while everyone cracks hair jokes?

It is more difficult in an office or similar environment. For those that are between jobs or self employed it should be easier.

Yes taking a holiday, using skin pieces or starting with a low density and building it over time can help.

However, if the mind says no, then nothing can change it.