Pros and Cons of a system.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I want to try Hair System just for single day because i want to see myself how i would have look with hair.I will not care of the cost for that single day,i think every person in this world must have dream of how they would have look when they have full head with hairs.

Saurabhaj, its a bold idea but for it to be the best result reflectove of what can be achieved, you need a good piece else you will see flaws

Noah

Reaction score
Well done for taking the first step Benz; I hope it all goes well for you. If you have questions on concerns, ask away.

Noah

Benz9

Reaction score
Well done for taking the first step Benz; I hope it all goes well for you. If you have questions on concerns, ask away.

Noah

Thanks Noah im getting mines a week from now and I'm excited to see how this is gonna look on me.. I'm just hoping not "wiggy"..

alyien

Reaction score
How possible is this to go unnoticed? I went visibly bald within a month so it's very hard to suddenly adjust.

I mean it would be very embarassing if it came off dancing at a club, playing sports etc and definately can't allow myself to get into a fight under any circumstances..

Noah

Reaction score
There are 2 issues here - will it come off, and can I transition without it being noticed?

If you put it on properly it will absolutely not come off. This has presumably been the big atavistic fear of men wearing hair through the ages - will it come off and leave me exposed to ridicule? That fear has been stoked by Hollywood films since the silent era. Modern glue manufacturers have realised this, and have catered for it. You can buy hairpiece glue now which is so strong that your scalp will tear off your skull before the glue would give way.

I have found that once you start wearing you gradually stop being so concerned about the possibility of it "coming off", and you start opting for less titanic adhesives, which are easier to clean up. Once you have it on your head you realise instinctively that there is just no possibility of it coming off. People just don't come up and try to pull your hair off, any more than they try to pull your pants off (which would be considerably easier than pulling a hair system off). I have just never heard of this happening in real life. But if it makes you sleep more comfortably you can choose the sort of glue which you can also use to suspend a Volkswagen Golf from the ceiling. Hopefully this has laid this fear to rest for good.

Can you transition without it being noticed is a harder question. If you are slick bald, I think the answer is no. You have missed your chance of doing it under the radar unless you are prepared to change jobs and move house. The ideal position is to be doing this at the point where you have some hair left which you can bulk up with concealers. Then you can take 2 weeks vacation, swap the concealers for a low density piece, grow a beard and buy some spectacles as a distraction, then, when everyone has got used to the new look, gradually ditch the beard and the specs and raise the density of the hairpiece till you get to your ideal look. Your hairloss sounds very accelerated and extreme. Why don't you post a picture (face blanked out) so that we can see what you currently have to work with. That way we can advise you better.

Benz9

Reaction score
Thanks Noah and Grincher (you guys are awesome) i hear so many things that densities differ from company to company so i opted for a light medium for my first system but i'm on the fence if that is too thin for a young guy who would like to style his hair? my stylist told me my scalp will still b visible witch is kinda frightening for me since i have joined the religion of concealers and been hooked for over a year and have not shown my scalp in public for a long period of time.

alyien

Reaction score
June 14

July 29

Tried everything for the past 9 years. Now have severe Ed from finasteride, not worth it since it stopped working for hair loss anyway.
Taken dutasteride before at extreme doses too and it wore off.

It was shedding a lot before I shaved it off on June 27, from a mix of telogen effluvium and male pattern baldness and hasn't grown back much.

Don't think it will be hard to transition since ive lost most of it before and regrown it. Also haven't left the house much since shaving if off anyway.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Benz

Showing a bit of scalp on a nice lace piece is cool - it adds so much to the realism. Fingers crossed this works out for you first time. Where did you buy?

Hi Alyien

Sorry to hear the meds didn't work out. They didn't for me either.

Still, if I am understanding those pictures correctly you have plenty enough hair to allow you to use concealers for a bit. In fact I reckon your hair would still look quite full with a bit of Toppik on it. Have you tried concealers?

If you are seriously considering hair replacement you are just at exactly the right stage to do it inconspicuously. You use concealers regularly till people are used to that look. At the same time you get a piece made which replicates your look with concealers, which would be really easy to do. Then you take a vacation and swap over. Bingo! You can tell everyone the meds have worked wonders for you LOL. (Sorry - I don't mean to be flippant. I know this stuff is painful).

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Benz - you are correct terms and densities vary from company to company, light-med is a good start. I wouldnt worry about it being "thin" or showing scalp. Its too much thickness thats the real killer

Alyien - concealers will give coverage while you make transition to a piece.

Benz9

Reaction score
Noah i'm not sure where my system comes from besides china from what my stylist told me. I just want to go to a professional the first time i get this system done even if the system is double the price , second time i want to get my own piece from one of the best companies that you guys can suggest me to and have her cut it in, and hopefully by the third system ill have enough courage and faith to buy my own system and do it myself!!!

Aylien some hair fibers would work great for you right now till you can get your system.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Grincher what density do you use and do you have any pics i can see?

System88

Reaction score
Rollercoaster

Has any hair system users been on any rollercoasters with a system on? Especially in warm countries? I'm worried about the heat and humidity loosening the bond

Noah

Reaction score
Hi System88

Yes, I have worked in Australia, the Gulf and Indonesia in my system, all hot humid countries. I have been on roller coasters, done water-skiing, white water rafting, bungee jumping, scuba diving you name it, with no problems at all. The simple physics of the matter is this: no amount of air pressure on the edge of the system is any match for the strength of freshly applied toupee tape or glue. Obviously when I know I am going to be doing these activities I make sure I have a strong fresh attachment.

Are you already wearing, and if so what adhesive are you using?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Noah puts it very well. I have done many of these activities; even hours at the gym sweating without any problems. But when my tape needs changing, even when sitting you are thinking about the change; even if you are 2 days late it really makes you think.

Good fresh attachment like this morning and the unit feels new and strong.

shookwun

Reaction score
How about when a women strokes your scalp and catches her nail on the lace?

Women always play with a man's hair when getting sexual, especially when getting their **** eaten out.

WhitePolarBear

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Women always play with a man's hair when getting sexual, especially when getting their **** eaten out.

Yes! I'm glad you pointed that out, because you always seem to blindly advocate hair pieces.

I touched my father's hair piece, and you can tell it's not scalp under there.

I only had one girl when I had "long" hair, and I remember she couldn't stop stroking it and clinging to it while we had sex.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If she does not complain then one might say she's a keeper. If she does then blow your business asap and move on. You were not planning on marrying her anyway?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Without the piece the kind of girls guys want to sleep with concerning one night stands in a club, would be using their nails to keep you away anyway :sulkoff: Then the emotional trauma of being the bald guy. Plus we don't know how it is as we haven't worn one so who knows, it may be okay or not. Public tend to take things at face value.

Very true and hot.

Noah

Reaction score
Intimate situations are one of the more testing situations for guys who wear a piece, no doubt. Not because of fingernails snagging the lace (you just need to make sure the lace is all properly stuck down so that doesn't happen) but because you have someone potentially millimetres from your hairline - far closer to you than anyone gets in any other situation. So there is a chance that any imperfections in the attachment could be spotted. Waking up with someone you have shared a bed with is probably the most testing situation. That keeps you on your mettle, and you just make sure the attachment is as good as it can be. It's no different from any other effort you might make to look good for a date or a night out. I always use glue rather than tape for that situation. With a shorter haircut you might need to do a full head bond.

All I can tell you is that since I started wearing the fine lace hairpieces I have had half-a-dozen medium- or long-term partners, plus plenty of one-off dates, and so far as I could tell no one has ever twigged the hairpiece until I told them. I did tell 2 of them after a month or two, with no ill effects on the relationship.

As Wolf Pack says, the alternative is to be bald and unable to attract quality partners, which is certainly one way of avoiding the problem, but not one which appeals much.