Propecia- One month Damage Report. I QUIT!

G

I, for one, am sick of seeing your name on every post, throwing your two cents in whether or not you really know what you're talking about.
Whatever your childish response to this will be, I will not post on this thread again. That is all I'll say on the matter....been wanting to do it for a long time.

You know, Beaner, you're being a real prick.

I always thought you were a nice guy. I apologize for being wrong about that.

If it would make you guys happy if I didn't post on here again , just say the word. I don't want to post in a place where my posts are not welcomed or appreciated.

Why don't you look in the tell your story forum and see how many hours I've spent helping newbies out. A lot of the time I'm the first person they see on this forum and I get countless PMs thanking me for my help and taking the time to explain things to them via PM when they have more detailed or personal questions. If you wanted to poll them, me aginst you, about who has been more helpful it would not even be a contest. So get off your high horse and stop participating in the lynching of JayMan which followed the lynching of collegechemistrystudent and there have been other people on here who have left over the years because of people like you. Yes I explain basic stuff to the newbies on here but no one else seems to want to take the time. A lot of time I'm bumping posts in that forum that haven't had a response yet in 2 or 3 days. I don't troll around the forum. I avoid threads with topics in which I don't know the answer.

Thanks for the support, apathy, and thank you everyone else for your support as well.

docj077

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of propecia, either. I haven't been taking mine for almost three weeks now and I was slowly lowering my dose for weeks prior to that.

It affected my school work too much and left me unable to think on my feet, so I stopped it. I went from getting A's constantly last year to getting all B's and since I've removed it from my hair loss plan, I've started getting A's once again.

I haven't felt this good in five or six months.

I maintained while on finasteride. with maybe a little regrowth, but I didn't experience regrowth until I started using curcumin.

So, far I haven't experienced any change and if I loose my hair, I guess I'll just have to wait for something better.

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
I've always found JayMan to show genuine concern and offer advice freely. He may not have been on the forum for a very long time (relatively) but has gleaned quite alot of knowledge. Anyway, there is always going to be contradictory advice/evidence/anecdotes on hair topics and treatments. Some people give very detailed scientific information and from all the snippets the reader should make their own informed decisions. JayMan gives his views which may seem rigid but again there are others also giving advice and after all it is only advice.

docj077

Reaction score
pratc said:
I've always found JayMan to show genuine concern and offer advice freely. He may not have been on the forum for a very long time (relatively) but has gleaned quite alot of knowledge. Anyway, there is always going to be contradictory advice/evidence/anecdotes on hair topics and treatments. Some people give very detailed scientific information and from all the snippets the reader should make their own informed decisions. JayMan gives his views which may seem rigid but again there are others also giving advice and after all it is only advice.

Well said.

beaner

Reaction score
OK I lied I will post on this thread again.

Jayman, first of all I will begin with an apology...I admit to being a bit of an alcohol induced prick. I didn't mean I didn't want you to post here, and I agree you are very helpful. However, you tend to drag on silly arguments simply because you seem to have a hard time admitting you are wrong and can't seem to cope when someone disagrees with your opinion. You always have to get the last word in whether you are right or not and you have said things that are downright rude and sometimes foolish. This is what gets under my skin.

It's not that I don't like you Jayman, as I've told you before I'm concerned for you. I've seen you change into someone completely and probably unhealthily obsessed with this whole hair loss thing over the course of the last few months. I think you need to find something else to occupy your mind for a while.

Felk

Reaction score
docj077 said:
I'm not a huge fan of propecia, either. I haven't been taking mine for almost three weeks now and I was slowly lowering my dose for weeks prior to that.

It affected my school work too much and left me unable to think on my feet, so I stopped it. I went from getting A's constantly last year to getting all B's and since I've removed it from my hair loss plan, I've started getting A's once again.

I maintained while on finasteride. with maybe a little regrowth, but I didn't experience regrowth until I started using curcumin.

So, far I haven't experienced any change and if I loose my hair, I guess I'll just have to wait for something better.

Damn, you're making me paranoid about this docj!

However it's pretty hard to say if the propecia was to blame, wouldn't you say? Placebo effects on the brain can be hard to map, and everyone gets that little "kick" when they believe they're making a better change for their health.

I remember stopping antibiotics I was taking for a long time for my acne, and declared my body and my skin had never felt better, but a few months later I realised i was just relieved that I had stopped taking a drug. My mind and body didn't change at all, but my skin worsened a great deal.

Anyway, I'll investigate this matter further. Until then I guess i'll stick with .5mg a day like i've been doing, and if I can't tolerate finasteride and want to use dutasteride, maybe one per week or something.

docj077

Reaction score
Felk said:
docj077 said:

Damn, you're making me paranoid about this docj!

However it's pretty hard to say if the propecia was to blame, wouldn't you say? Placebo effects on the brain can be hard to map, and everyone gets that little "kick" when they believe they're making a better change for their health.

I remember stopping antibiotics I was taking for a long time for my acne, and declared my body and my skin had never felt better, but a few months later I realised i was just relieved that I had stopped taking a drug. My mind and body didn't change at all, but my skin worsened a great deal.

Anyway, I'll investigate this matter further. Until then I guess i'll stick with .5mg a day like i've been doing, and if I can't tolerate finasteride and want to use dutasteride, maybe one per week or something.

It scares me, too. However, I'm glad I made the decision. If everything falls apart and all my hair falls out at least I'll know that I won't feel stupid (or think I feel ;))...placebo effect or no placebo effect.

From what I've read, I just don't think it's the drug for me. At least not until they learn how target it only to the testosterone to DHT conversion and not the progesterone to dihydroprogesterone conversion, as well.

Reaction score
This is my first post. Firstly, excuse my poor English.
I've been on finasteride for a little over 4 months now.
I've been experiencing very bad shedding since month 3.
I’m pretty sure that I'm loosing around 300 to 500 hair a day since then.
It has been very scary and depressing for me as I am only 21 year old.
At start of treatment, I got a lot of pimples on my face and neck. I got some antibiotics and that helped.
Also, I feel as I have more sexual desire now. Maybe because I got a new girl friend :roll: but surely not only because of that.
Within one month since the shedding, I have got a lot of body hair on my arm and chest. My face is very oily recently as well.
I never really had any hair loss on the top of my head and I was only hoping that propecia would maintain my hair line and temple area, but now, I'm getting thin on the top.
Could this be the case of hyperandrogenicity hair loss caused by finasteride?
I really don't know what to do now because, many people seem to say that it is likely to get regrowth after shedding...
Hope some body can give me some advice. Thanks a lot...

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont think everyone should write off ossa claims about propecia making it worse. If no one knows exactly how and what DHT does, then its certainly possible it could in theory effect some people in bad ways.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well Just read the stories of myself and Baranabas in th topics at the top of the shedding forum...

You'll see that for some people finasteride has decimated their hair. And that certain people on this topic who are discounting these claims is unbelievable. I know what I've been through over these past few months and have not seen one story of someone whose hair has literally disintegrated in such a short space of time grow it back. I'm talking inches of recession... there's no data to back up this happening and to put this down to a 'shed' is ridiculous. If I keep going on the drug then I'll have nothing left by X mas and I'm on month 5-6 now with no sign of regrowth just no hairline anymore...

WOOHOO!

Also I haven't taken a tablet for two days and guess what?! no hairs are coming out of the front part of my head anymore...

now if only I'd saved myself the sh*t that I've been through these last few months