Propecia & Brain Fog

farisayeh

Reaction score
finasteride will lower your neurosteroid(allopregnalone,thdoc) ..this steroid is working for GABAa receptor..thats why you will feel brain fog and anxiety...lets try l-theanine(suntheanine)..this supplement can increase GABA and replace neurosteroid for GABAa receptor.this supplemnt also work for anxiety and depression...

Foxi

Established Member
Reaction score
Dayli swollen Face, Brain Fog, Muscel Los, Headache-Migräne, No Libido No Erektion
No Dreams, Bad sleep, my Body ist totaly Inflammed from Histamin,Amine.....
Pain in Abdomen-Gut, Hot Face, Pain in Neck and shoulders, swollen Hand and Feeds
6 Years the Hell and nothing get better.
Clomid-Testo-Arimidex nothing Helps, my Live is the Horror

look this Video

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed reply. I really appreciate it.

So I guess the only real question is will it go away / will my body adapt to it or will it continue for the life of my Propecia usage.

I'll give it 3 more weeks and report back on my experience.
Did it pass?

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reason for brain fog is that in addition to inhibiting DHT, finasteride also inhibits other 5AR pathways. These pathways involve neurosteroid production (Progesterone --> Allopregnanolone, Deoxycorticosterone --> THDOC), which normally would act on GABA-A receptors/GABAergic system in the brain.

Diagram on Page 3
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi- ... 4/PDFSTART

Loss of allopregnanolone especially can cause severe depression and cognitive dysfunction. Low levels have been correlated with Alzheimer's disease.

THDOC is an anti-stress/anti-anxiety neurosteroid and reducing its levels can cause severe anxiety, panic attacks.

Interference with the GABAergic system has been implicated in schizophrenia, sleep disorders including insomnia and loss of REM sleep, and sexual dysfunction.

Your problems are due to Finasteride use and due to near flat dose reponse rate of drug, .25mg will make no difference as it inhibits almost same amount of DHT as 1mg, 5mg, 10mg:

http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... peciafda2/

Thus, you can expect the same side effects to continue even at reduced dosages. The only solution is not inhibiting 5AR.
Is it okay Ari stop cold turkey? That’s what I did and still feeling brain fog

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I missed that. Did you stop taking it or just power through it? Would you mind explaining your symptoms? Disoriented?

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I missed that. Did you stop taking it or just power through it? Would you mind explaining your symptoms? Disoriented?
Nah i just powered through it, eventually upped my dosage to 1.25mg aswell. been on it for close to 6years now.

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah i just powered through it, eventually upped my dosage to 1.25mg aswell. been on it for close to 6years now.
Ah interesting. Mine is bad like I have trouble working and sh*t. I feel disconnected

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah interesting. Mine is bad like I have trouble working and sh*t. I feel disconnected
im balding rapidly lately and the only thing that is left is to get on finasteride, but this sh*t is scary as f***. i need to have peak mind right now to perform at work.

any other sides u experience atm? how bad is brain fog?

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
im balding rapidly lately and the only thing that is left is to get on finasteride, but this sh*t is scary as f***. i need to have peak mind right now to perform at work.

any other sides u experience atm? how bad is brain fog?
I can’t really think about other sides cuz this is at the front of my mind. Here is the thing, I was in your shoes two weeks ago. I work in tech, wanted to keep my hair, doctor said no sides ever reported to him, blah blah. I even said I did research and good amount of folks complaining of sides. He said they were all manifesting the sides b/c of anexity. All that made sense to me so I tried it. I promise you I’m a skeptical and rational dude, and this is completely real. My advise is not to risk it unless you’re having emotional issues cuz of your hair.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t really think about other sides cuz this is at the front of my mind. Here is the thing, I was in your shoes two weeks ago. I work in tech, wanted to keep my hair, doctor said no sides ever reported to him, blah blah. I even said I did research and good amount of folks complaining of sides. He said they were all manifesting the sides b/c of anexity. All that made sense to me so I tried it. I promise you I’m a skeptical and rational dude, and this is completely real. My advise is not to risk it unless you’re having emotional issues cuz of your hair.
yeah, man. im sure its real as f***, too many people share exactly same experiences, cant be nocebo.

sure as hell it gives me emotional issues cuz of my hair, if u go bald its a social death sentence, unless u have facial bone structure and frame of Jason Statham, which i dont

so i u r off it now?

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, man. im sure its real as f***, too many people share exactly same experiences, cant be nocebo.

sure as hell it gives me emotional issues cuz of my hair, if u go bald its a social death sentence, unless u have facial bone structure and frame of Jason Statham, which i dont

so i u r off it now?
Yeah I got off on Sunday - no sexual side effects or anything. But the fog literally feels like I’m drugs. My advice to you is to wait until it’s bad enough and do a hair transplant. Given that you are already all over the web (like me) if the real sides don’t get you, the nocebo will. The shittiest part about all this is I have a full head of hair and wanted to keep it forever. I was greedy. Anyways I guess it takes 2 weeks for things to return to normal, so I’ll let you know how that goes. If you do take it, start small (I started with 1mg)

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I got off on Sunday - no sexual side effects or anything. But the fog literally feels like I’m drugs. My advice to you is to wait until it’s bad enough and do a hair transplant. Given that you are already all over the web (like me) if the real sides don’t get you, the nocebo will. The shittiest part about all this is I have a full head of hair and wanted to keep it forever. I was greedy. Anyways I guess it takes 2 weeks for things to return to normal, so I’ll let you know how that goes. If you do take it, start small (I started with 1mg)
lol, u mean u r norwood 0-1?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The experiences on Propecia Help Forums or whatever they're called are very consistent.

Water-only fasts sometimes help with sexual side effects, but they're very effective at resolving neural side effects.

So I'm not sure if this is a real problem given that people can recover. If you get brain fog, just get better.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hows ur hair now since then?

Pretty much the same as it was when i started, slightly less density but recession was stopped in it tracks. i also had a transplant last year to adress the hairline so im pretty much better than baseline atm.