Propecia 6 years+ (PIC UPDATE!)

bubka

Reaction score
first off, you still have to stay on finasteride because you want to keep the hair you have that you will end up losing anyways... if you continue to progress, which is likely

bubka

Reaction score
i cannot believe i am posting this, but here is an older picture of me, when losing it at close to its peak, and pretty much wearing a hat daily or whenever not in my room

i put on a lot of weight too as you can see, now its tough because its a picture of an id so its tough to get in focus (not scanned), however, you can see that the hair is clearly thinner and miniaturized, although the cut is longer and forward so you cannot see the hairline, though i only have slight regrowth there... i had some major thinning on the back crown too, two baby fine hair circles that touch, anyways, it looked like sh*t

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Holey crap, you were quite a porker. You look much better now.
there goes the finasteride made me fat theory. congratulations on the hair too.

Reaction score
Dude, I can't believe that, you've TRANSFORMED yourself. You don't even look like the same person there. Good for you and keep it up. I started on finasteride because of this story and I've been it for just over 2 weeks now. I know I have a while to wait before I see any results, but I don't have that much loss anyway so it'd be just as good to maintain.
Guess I just wanted to say thanks :)

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka... i'm looking at your old picture and i honestly can't see any evidence of hair loss. i know it's an old picture, but your hair line doens't look like it has receeded at all. obviously i cannot see the crown, but i have no idea why you'd hide that mop under a hat.

how much recession did you have at the temples? how thin was it on top? couldn't have been that bad as i can't see it.

anyway. how the hell did you lose so much weight? i'm not as fat as that now, but my goal is to look as slim as you do now.

it's like a totally different you.

bubka

Reaction score
like i said, i had crown pictures, but deleted them, i don't think i could ever bring myself to look at them again anyways... as i said in the story, i was never bald, but it was that extreme light baby fine hair on the crown, that i am sure you have seen many blond/(ish) hair color guys get... also close to a NW2 forehead, probably a 1.5 now

i was losing way over 100 a day, i would count hairs that collected under that hat daily, count the pillow... even try to catch hairs in the palms of my hands when rinsing in the shower... you would have them in the color of your undershirt, on your shoulders, see them fallout when typing on the computer, or fall onto the pages of the book your were reading...

as for the body / weight i was probably around 215 there @ 6', max was 220... though most of the weight was right under the skin, like on the face, and mostly even, didn't have a big gut or tits, just that fat under the skin all over really...

i am 165 now so probably 65 lbs, yeah, a lot, i pretty much did an atkins diet in my loss, and ran for a good 25 miles a week too, which i still try to do, and still don't eat the crappy sugar food

yes i do look totally different, people who only knew me as heavier in my last years of undergrad did not recognize me, very fortunate i didn't stretch my skin out or anything, i have no signs really of me previous weight

bubka

Reaction score
clinicallyhairpressed said:
What is your genetic history Bubka? Do you have much alopecia in your family? How bout your father and maternal grandfather?
genetics is mixed, father is stuck at NW2.5 since he was in mid 20s, mothers father, probably a 1.5, nice hear, father father, probably a NW6

G

liar liar liar liar liar bubka.
finasteride and dutasteride dont work

they make you grow boobs

merck shill

the only way to stop going bald is to use a homemade concoction consisting of azelaic acid mixed with bird piss. throw in some borageseed oil if feeling saucy.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard jumping on a pogo stick wearing a red jumper on runner beans does the job.

wtfhair

Reaction score
wow man thats awesome. you really gave me hope. been on finasteride for almost a week now ( im still shedding ALOT ; ; ). i caught it early tho only time i look bald is if i part my hair when its wet. so i guess im a difuse thinner but my hairline is the way it was when i was 10. i rlly dont wanna start minoxidil as i fear itll change my hair texture to thin and course so i apply this indian herbal castor oil after shower ( it makes ur hair darker and thicker). lol i use to be fat also like last year then over the summer it was a complete transformation from dud to stud ( seriously) but then i discovered i was tlosing my hair, i was like f*** all my hard work ( dieting and excercising) has gone to vain if im gonna end up bald lol.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RSG said:
That's a great story dude, well done! Do ever get concerned what the long term effect of this drug may be? You've been on for 6 yrs now. I've been losing hair slowly for the past 3 yrs or so. I’m 22 now. I had a short stint at propecia a about 4 months ago. Used it for 2 months, but when I visited my derm, he took me off it. He said long term effects aren’t known, and he doesn’t feel confortable prescribing to his patients. I feel as if my hair loss has worsened in the last 2 months. I can even pull my hair out by the hand full from the sides of my head. Did u have that problem, before you started propecia? I’m seriously thinking about going to another Doctor, and getting back on propecia. Seems as if it’s the only way to go. minoxidil has done jack all for me.

Anyway great story. Gives me confidence to start back on propecia.

Find a different doctor ASAP!