Propecia 6 years+ (PIC UPDATE!)

bubka

Reaction score
no, if anything, i would say that my thickness had actually increased somewhat especially on the crown where there was some visitable thinning and miniaturization, even after the first 18months of major regrowth, now its no different from the rest of my hair

about 6 months ago though, i did go through a stage with some increased shedding, but probably not hairloss, still under 100 a day though, but it stopped, lasted maybe 4 weeks

i had a high fever a few months before, and also switched from propecia 1mg to proscar 1.25mg... i attributed it to a fever, change in dosage, or the fact that i cut all my proscar up at once, and maybe the ones i was taking at the end were less effective from being exposed to air for almost 3 months...

Reaction score
Hey dude, I'm 18 and i think is have a little thinning but i'm not actually sure! Anyway, what i wanted to ask you is if you ever had any problems or side effects of greasy skin, are you/were you prone to it as a teenager and did the finasteride make your skin worse?

My hair is pretty much exactly the same as your is now but is light brown/reddish in colour, but the texture/thickness is exactly the same. I'm keen to nip it in the but by going on finasteride as soon as I can and its great to see someone who's stuck it for so long - it really brings me hope.

Anyway, if I still have hair like your in 6 years i'll be mega happy.

bubka

Reaction score
always had pretty decent skin, actually my skin is "smoother" then any woman i have ever met... every time i have dated / been with a women they comment on how smooth it is, and with they had it

as for oil or acne, no increase, i mean i may get 1 or 2 pimples a month, actually still do, but no change really, got a few more in high school when playing football

thanks and good luck man!

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka, that picture is of you in first post?

i can't see it very clearly, but looks like your hair is fine (not thin fine, fine fine).

hope i get good results on finasteride too.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello bubka, do you have closer pics?

Also, do you brush your hair to cover your temples?

Greetings.

buzzmenot

Established Member
Reaction score
whoa dude, 6 years and going strong!
what norwood did you start out with?

congrats! 8)

bubka

Reaction score
maybe i will do some closer pics, not any macro ones though, that takes "balls"

i did have a crown one when i was very visibly thinning there, which has been deleted, probably been one of the best before after though... shame...

yes, i do a little "comb down" type over the temples, with the spike up and back thing in the middle... i am probably a Norwood 1.5, maybe less, just a "mature" hairline now for a 27 year old

Reaction score
Just wondering, have you ever (or ever considered) growing your hair long since you started on finasteride? Do you think you could get away with it? Hehe, I just realised that I've never had it long ever, and I'd really like to experience what its like - and seen as my days apparently not numbered (due to finasteride) There seems like not time like the present!

Ray777

Reaction score
clinicallyhairpressed said:
Just wondering, have you ever (or ever considered) growing your hair long since you started on finasteride? Do you think you could get away with it? Hehe, I just realised that I've never had it long ever, and I'd really like to experience what its like - and seen as my days apparently not numbered (due to finasteride) There seems like not time like the present!
Clinic I saw your pics dude and you are definitely eliglible for long hair... You are barely thinning at your crown dude I'd kill for my hair to be that full man.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka, you've been on finasteride for 6 years, and from what i see your hair looks like you aren't experiencing male pattern baldness at all. but are you? what i mean is, after 6 years of finasteride, can you rub gel into your hair and not look thin, or can you split it from the middle of your head and not see a whole bunch of scalp?

if not, can anybody get those results from just finasteride? or is minoxidil needed?

bubka

Reaction score
no, my hair has a constant thickness, no real miniaturization either, thought its not like one of those guys who has no MBP either... still doing very good though

believe me, i had male pattern baldness, i had the blond guy bald spot going... very diffuse thinning and miniaturization

i still have the hairline recession which did come back some, but thats really it

clinicallyhairpressed: i used to have very long curly hair, even when i started my regrowth, that was my style... though i cut it shorter and neater for professional purposes

plus i think it has lost some of the curl... maybe not because it is shorter... hard to say, when i need a haircut now, its because it still flips out, so probably my hair has not changed too much

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
ou've probably posted it somewhere in your thread, but how long did it take YOU before you obtained your optimal results? (when you peaked). Or are you still getting regrowth and thickness? I'm guessing you obtained your best results after 2 years?

bubka

Reaction score
i would probably say almost 2 years... maybe some slight more after that... hard to say really, should have kept better track, though after the first year the hat wearing was gone, i do know that

i do have an ID pick i may post, of me with the long miniaturized, pre propecia, i will have to find it... of was overweight there too, as i mentioned in the story, its actually hard to believe its the same guy

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow. So you really do have to stick with it for quite a while before you see results. Hopefully I'll be like you in 2 years time. As you say, you "were" overweight, as am I now. I hope to be more in shape soon. I also hope to have a thick full head of hair soon as well.

Bubka: If HM comes out, and is proven to be successful and works. Will you go through that procedure? (assuming you don't have to take propecia afterwards anyway). Or would you rather keep going with propecia now, and not do HM?