Proof you can be bald, unsuccessful...and still get women

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ha! Agree to disagree I suppose! I have a good many friends who are atheist.

seb

Reaction score
dudemon said:
monty1978 said:
God, jesus... bah! Fairytales!

+1

But "God" does give some people something to believe in who have nothing else to believe in; sort of a "crutch" in other words. IMO, some people need that, so more power to them if that's what floats their boat. :dunno:

If this is the only life,then what is the point of anything?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Who says there has to be a point/reason for everything? :dunno:

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd consider my an kinda mix between Agnostic and Roman Catholic, I know, I know, that's an oxymoron, sounds like a load of BS, but that's what I'd consider myself.

Here's a brilliant quote from Richard Dawkins -

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively outnumbers the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here. We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state, from which the vast majority have never stirred."

Amazing.

I think the average sperm released from a man is about 500 million, now, seeing as each sperm is individual one unto itself, that's some f*****g amazing odds that the one sperm that fertilized the egg just happened to be you.

As the above quote puts it, count yourself lucky that you're even alive.

seb

Reaction score
s.a.f said:

Anytime anybody mentions something that has happened too them,or how they feel,you have always got a smart remark.....you are an arrogant cu**,thats up his own arse.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well put! Hey, even Richard Dawkins claimed to be agnostic recently. His reason being something along the lines of you can't scientifically prove God doesn't exist so he couldn't fully claim to be atheist. Like i said though, live and let live. You can still get women and be bald. :)

seb

Reaction score
Thom said:
Well put! Hey, even Richard Dawkins claimed to be agnostic recently. His reason being something along the lines of you can't scientifically prove God doesn't exist so he couldn't fully claim to be atheist. Like i said though, live and let live. You can still get women and be bald. :)

Not a decent one when fully bald(not receeding,or wearing a poxy HP,BALD).

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seb said:
s.a.f said:

Anytime anybody mentions something that has happened too them,or how they feel,you have always got a smart remark.....you are an arrogant cu**,thats up his own arse.

Nothing wrong with offering an alternative opinion.

seb

Reaction score
Thom said:
seb said:
s.a.f said:

Nothing wrong with offering an alternative opinion.

Yes,he is entitled too his opinion,but always does so in a contrived manner.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But you are reading it as such so you can't know how he's actually saying it. I'm always getting into trouble when texting girls because they can't audibly hear what I'm conveying. I, for one, respect his bluntness.

I mean if you can't face your faith being challenged now and then, what's the point of having it?

seb

Reaction score
Thom said:
But you are reading it as such so you can't know how he's actually saying it. I'm always getting into trouble when texting girls because they can't audibly hear what I'm conveying. I, for one, respect his bluntness.

I mean if you can't face your faith being challenged now and then, what's the point of having it?

I am talking in genral.My "faith" is not written in stone,I constantly sway.Anyway,I dont believe in organised religion,its just man-made bulls**t,too control people,and make people feel like crap.
I am more spiritual then religious,theres a profound difference.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seb said:
Thom said:

I am talking in genral.My "faith" is not written in stone,I constantly sway.Anyway,I dont believe in organised religion,its just man-made bulls**t,too control people,and make people feel like crap.
I am more spiritual then religious,theres a profound difference.

And you think that the statement you just posted doesn't sound arrogant and rude? And dear god, space after your punctuation already! :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
s.a.f said:

I think you're confusing me with yourself.
I'm not the one who's every post on here is a ridiculous 1 paragraph answer in response to someone elses post.
You're just a disturbed delusioned depressive trying to spread negativity and bring others down to your level.

Ps Its a legitimate question.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
RE: Richard Dawkins

I take it you aren't an academic?? From his point of view, for an idea to be a valid idea, it needs to be a proven idea.

I was talking to one of my neighbours this evening, he was going on about respect, religion, etc and at one point he said "those guys who think that we come from a monkey are monkeys"...

I quickly changed the subject and gave him a short intro into evolution, I know he didn't buy it but I gave him a few scientific facts.

Back to Richard Dawkins. I happen to agree with him in a sense that facts are facts and if some religious group attacks the validity of those facts, then that religion is a backward one.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
RE: Richard Dawkins

Man, that guy is brilliant and has a lot of very logical ideas about religion. But I also think he is a douchebag. If you have ever read some of his books in depth and/or watched a lot of his videos (like I have) you will begin to see that he really hates ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING that has to do with God, religion, church, etc... And he regularly and continuously insults and talks MAJOR $HIT about anyone who has even the slightest bit of belief in any kind of religious faith. (ie - calling them "mentally ill" and other insults like that)

In other words, he hates on anyone and everyone who even slightly believes in any kind of religion whatsoever. So, IMO, that is pretty f*cked. I am no religous zealot/Bible thumper by any means, but there is no reason to hate on people who believe in a religious faith, be it Christianity, Bhuddism, Judaism, Islam, or whatever.

Almost all of my friends belong to some sort of religious faith and worship regularly. They also party like its going out of style. I have no problem whatsoever with anyone who belongs to a faith and worships their God.

You cannot say this about Richrd Dawkins. So, despite his 'brilliance' the guy is a douche, IMO.

I thought that also, but he has clarified that he his talking about the fundamentalist, he mentions he has friends and highly respects people in the field of science who hold faith, but are not crazies, ala the Phelps Family.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He does come off that way and I am certainly not a fan, but I do respect him for his knowledge. I don't see why faith and science cannot work together. I think his main problem, like you said, is with fundamentalists and, of course, young earth creationists.

Don't even get me started on the Phelps. When I graduated back in '05 they were a few blocks away from us protesting a soldier's funeral. Absolutely disgusting human beings they are.