Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was the effect of PRLR on insulin sensitivity studied here? Seeing that some guy take it orally apparently.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was not on the forum last days....So, this SMI-6 is the new hype ? Do you think it could be able to do some hair follicle neogenesis if using along with Minoxidil, dermapen and so on ?

Hope you'll get success !

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this post by Dr. Rassman relevant here?

Elevated prolactin levels in association with diffuse or androgenetic hair loss can be neglected as causative for the hair loss, because there is no evidence that they have an influence to the pattern
Irrelevant, it's been covered time and time again that we're targeting extrapituitary prolactin. Serum levels are meaningless.

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this post by Dr. Rassman relevant here?

Elevated prolactin levels in association with diffuse or androgenetic hair loss can be neglected as causative for the hair loss, because there is no evidence that they have an influence to the pattern

""
Moderate elevated prolactin levels in association with diffuse or androgenetic hair loss can be neglected as causative for the hair loss because there is no evidence that they have an influence to the pattern, the extent or the duration of the hair loss.
""
But I think this study are too specific.
Only females are used to evaluation of the results.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh Rassman is a good guy for giving hair transplant advice to young men on Reddit but nothing he writes about really belongs in the New Research section

Even his mole serum is... Meh
What is known about the mole serum beyond just that he's working on it? Have there been any results released yet?

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I understand, the expectation is that there would be no negative sides even if it did. There are drugs that are used for lowering PRL systemically and apparently sides are not a major concern.
Not entirely sure about that.
I haven't looked deep into it yet, but apparently PRLR regulates insulin sensitivity through the same mechanism we're hoping hinder for hair.
It's probably nothing too dramatic, but maybe a bit of cautions should be needed for those with type 2 diabetes who wants to megadose it orally lel, even though it's probably nothing.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is known about the mole serum beyond just that he's working on it? Have there been any results released yet?
Not heaps beyond what he and Plikus have divulged in interviews (podcasts, ISRH presentations). From what I understand they've isolated signalling factors from hair-producing moles and are planning on developing them for topical application. They have yet to speak of any results whether in vivo or not, planned clinical trials, nothing. They've already started lapsing on their expected timeline so I don't expect their company to produce anything groundbreaking in time for the next wave of promising treatments.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try reading cotsarelis studies. Microneedling creates de novo hair follicles.
It's not microneedling alone which do Wound Induced hair follicle neogenesis. They used some chemicals to induce the neogenesis in addition to microneedling.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not microneedling alone which do Wound Induced hair follicle neogenesis. They used some chemicals to induce the neogenesis in addition to microneedling.
It's called Minoxidil.