Progesterone Anyone Tried This Before?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I have used progesterone cream 20mg x1 a day on testicles started in march. then in mid april I started oral 100mg prog in a capsule and swallowed. used it everyday and sometimes EOD. I followed what that guy TJ did on hair restoration site. so I have been using the 100mg oral prog for like 5 months and the rest I put on my testicles. in total 7 months prog. results? hair thinner especially the front. shedding more hair than I did before the prog. it has NOT reduced my shedding. and now my front is starting to itch "sometimes" which it NEVER USED TO DO. I have decided to drop the prog. be aware. prog can cause hormonal imbalance and that can cause more shedding. it can also raise T and your hair might be also sensitive to T not just DHT. there was an animal study that showed that oral prog raised their T and DHT by alot. the study was from haidut from ray peat forum. just abit info on me. im 29 and very skinny guy. my estrogen is definatey not high. and the prog has NOT reduced my libido in the slightest. I used oral prog from health natura "simply progresterone" and the cream was now prog liposomal cream.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have used progesterone cream 20mg x1 a day on testicles started in march. then in mid april I started oral 100mg prog in a capsule and swallowed. used it everyday and sometimes EOD. I followed what that guy TJ did on hair restoration site. so I have been using the 100mg oral prog for like 5 months and the rest I put on my testicles. in total 7 months prog. results? hair thinner especially the front. shedding more hair than I did before the prog. it has NOT reduced my shedding. and now my front is starting to itch "sometimes" which it NEVER USED TO DO. I have decided to drop the prog. be aware. prog can cause hormonal imbalance and that can cause more shedding. it can also raise T and your hair might be also sensitive to T not just DHT. there was an animal study that showed that oral prog raised their T and DHT by alot. the study was from haidut from ray peat forum. just abit info on me. im 29 and very skinny guy. my estrogen is definatey not high. and the prog has NOT reduced my libido in the slightest. I used oral prog from health natura "simply progresterone" and the cream was now prog liposomal cream.
what kind of progesterone? 19 or 21 carbons?

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progesterone does not cause gyno, it causes lactation, ie gives you fuller breasts (assuming you already have them). Progesterone relies on estrogen being present to make breasts grow. Estrogen alone without progesterone, on the other hand, will give you small perky, cone-shaped tits

Progesterone works with prolactin to cause lactation. By itself it will not cause lactation except maybe in some boundary cases. The progestorone/prolactin combo is also part of or all of what is needed to initiate breast growth from Tanner 4 to Tanner 5.

Estrogen works with Growth Hormone and IGF-1(downchain of GH) to grow breasts. Growth hormone is naturally in the body but drops sharply with age. This is why 20 y/o hrt is so much more effective for growing breasts.

Hard data in this area is still pretty lacking however.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormonal_breast_enhancement

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus guy, you need to do a blood test first , if your progestereno levels are ok, you should not mess with them . If not, mess them and you will see positive results in your hair loss and your libido .

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
well... it doesnt matter now. im done with my hairloss. the sooner you accept that you are going bald the better. been obsessing over it far too many years. and you stop wasting your money too.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
adrenal_pathway_ger_q.jpg

not interested in raising my cortisol..

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Bimatoprost (Pgf2a analogue) 0.3Mg /ML topically which is supposed to reduce progesteron production. My hair grew thicker already 6 weeks in, but my libido dropped.

Can this be counteracted by using topical progesterone?