Progesterone Anyone Tried This Before?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was used a treatment before minoxidil. There was a study done that showed zero impact on hair loss. Anecdotal reports are mixed. Some people report tremendous regrowth, and others report massive shedding with no regrowth.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man what are you going to do with the hair without your manhood ;)?
It's a conundrum.

Seriously though, I don't think progesterone by itself is going to do anything to your manhood. It actually gets converted into testosterone.

yaheem

My Regimen
Reaction score
And then, after it converts to testosterone on the follicles that have 5 alpha reductase will convert it to DHT. Back to square one!

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
And then, after it converts to testosterone on the follicles that have 5 alpha reductase will convert it to DHT. Back to square one!

If you're going to go the female hormone route, I think estriol is the way to go. Estradiol if you really don't care if you grow tits.

yaheem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. I'd rather stay a bald man than growing hair and tits!

Last edited:

drgs_not_hugs

Reaction score
Progesterone does not cause gyno, it causes lactation, ie gives you fuller breasts (assuming you already have them). Progesterone relies on estrogen being present to make breasts grow. Estrogen alone without progesterone, on the other hand, will give you small perky, cone-shaped tits

Progesterone is neither feminizing og masculinizing, its roughly at the same level in both men and women
Actually, its the opposite, its both anti-androgen and anti-estrogen...

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had injection in my scalp from my dermatoligest years ago. I used to go every month for them but stoped because it did not help

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
I think monthly injection may not be a good indication of the effectiveness of prog as daily application should be the common practise. It's like monthly injection of finasteride won't do much either.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at progesterone being a "female hormone"

Men produce something between 10-20 mg of progesterone daily, similar to women out of cycle

Strong biology ITT

It has anti-estrogenic properties but also anti-DHT, it has sedative and calming properties but also nukes libido almost completely.
Finasteride is a progesterone analogue, just look at the molecules.

Causes shedding and hair loss for me however, wouldn't use.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've learned, Progesterone is used in combined contraceptives to balance the effects of pure Estrogen. In this case it may be acting as an Estrogen antagonist.

Some people still say that it's good for growth, but maybe it may have a synergistic effect when combined with Estrogen topically. There's a thing where people use Birth Control pills topically, and combined Progesterone can be part of the formulation in the BC they're using. Whether or not this even works still needs to be confirmed. You can find a few resources on this if you look around.

Keep in mind that there are many different kinds of Progesterone, with different purposes each. There's a vast majority of different contraceptive combinations available. I've made a thread about this actually

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Progesterone (P4) is the natural bio-identical hormone as made in the human body.

The stuff found in contraceptive pills are progestins, like medroxyprogesterone, and they are synthetic derivatives that may have "progesterone-like" properties but are NOT progesterone.