Pretty Sure That My Libido Is Totally Gone

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
again I'm NOT one of those Anti finasteride nut-jobs (2+ months on finasteride -- 1mg/day)

I can get an erection with relative ease. I can also maintain an erection with very little effort. It's just that I have no desire to do so; be it jerking off or going out with someone. I'm not trying to scare anyone. I'm merely "voicing" what I'm feeling/going through.

thedoubter

Reaction score
I have been the same recently

I think I’m going to revert down my finasteride to 3 times per week - isn’t this nearly as effective as 1mg a day from some tests that were done?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As my male pattern baldness got more aggressive, the less blood flow was going into my penis. I was never scared of taking finasteride because I haven’t had morning wood since years before finasteride. Haven’t even taken a proper poop since around that time also. Have been reliant on laxatives on a daily basis.

Still can’t pee properly, comes out in drips.

Honestly I have been living with the side effects of finasteride long before even taking it.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone should be well aware of the risk they are taking when starting on finasteride

Plus for this is women will now have no control over you :p

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not stopping now, before finasteride I used to get these awful itches (painful albeit tolerable) it literally felt like someone was running a blow torch through my entire scalp (apparently that itch was the DHT corroding my hair, correct?) regardless... it's totally gone, I can safely say I'm cured of whatever that was, on the negative side: zero regrowth and still shedding.

lack of morning wood is the first thing that I noticed, I haven't had a morning boner in 60+ days.

1 year of finasteride (1mg/day) is what I promised myself. I'm going through with this til July 2020.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not stopping now, before finasteride I used to get these awful itches (painful albeit tolerable) it literally felt like someone was running a blow torch through my entire scalp (apparently that itch was the DHT corroding my hair, correct?) regardless... it's totally gone, I can safely say I'm cured of whatever that was, on the negative side: zero regrowth and still shedding.

lack of morning wood is the first thing that I noticed, I haven't had a morning boner in 60+ days.

1 year of finasteride (1mg/day) is what I promised myself. I'm going through with this til July 2020.
Look into anti inflammatories

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did (it did not help). I also tried loratadine and all sorts of supplements. Nothing helped.

only finasteride has worked so far and even then it took 6-7 weeks for the itch to go away.
high dose of tocopherols can get it back pretty soon, just not sure that finasteride would be enough to let you keep your hair

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
again I'm NOT one of those Anti finasteride nut-jobs (2+ months on finasteride -- 1mg/day)

I can get an erection with relative ease. I can also maintain an erection with very little effort. It's just that I have no desire to do so; be it jerking off or going out with someone. I'm not trying to scare anyone. I'm merely "voicing" what I'm feeling/going through.

I'm on finasteride and dutasteride and I'm the opposite. I'm actually so horny most of the time that I'm depressed.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People itt rationalizing losing their libido for hair. What’s the point in having hair if you have no libido?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on finasteride and dutasteride and I'm the opposite. I'm actually so horny most of the time that I'm depressed.
That’s actually another side effect of finasteride. I was also the opposite of low libido on finasteride when I first started, then it pretty much disappeared

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your libido will come back. The eagerness for sex might not. Honestly not a bad thing to be thinking less about sex.

Libido and eagerness for sex is essentially the same thing?

HLV

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As my male pattern baldness got more aggressive, the less blood flow was going into my penis. I was never scared of taking finasteride because I haven’t had morning wood since years before finasteride. Haven’t even taken a proper poop since around that time also. Have been reliant on laxatives on a daily basis.

Still can’t pee properly, comes out in drips.

Honestly I have been living with the side effects of finasteride long before even taking it.
What does finasteride/DHT have to do with peeing and pooping?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@StevenGerrard i too have the uncontrollable itch! It’s honestly becoming painful and hard to deal with! The thing is how come I know very few people who have experienced this despite being almost completely bald? I’m looking for ways to settle down the itch!

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@StevenGerrard i too have the uncontrollable itch! It’s honestly becoming painful and hard to deal with! The thing is how come I know very few people who have experienced this despite being almost completely bald? I’m looking for ways to settle down the itch!

finasteride solved it for me (took awhile though). Are you currently on anything? Are you a diffuse thinner?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@StevenGerrard not on anything atm. Did the big three but the itch, irritation, shedding all got substantially worse.

My hairline is “okay” probably a 1.5 at worst to be honest but a lot of thinning! A lot!

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@StevenGerrard not on anything atm. Did the big three but the itch, irritation, shedding all got substantially worse.

My hairline is “okay” probably a 1.5 at worst to be honest but a lot of thinning! A lot!

How long were you on finasteride for? I'm also on the Big 3 but I quit minoxidil about a week ago. It was irritating the hell out of my scalp (on top of giving me acne). I may start using it again at some point.

What does your itch feel like? burning sensation all over your scalp area?