Pretty Sure My Hairline Is Receding..opinions?

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shitting bricks after seeing my hairline..Any thoughts. I'm 22. Pic taken in front of bright bathroom light.

Attachments

• IMG_20180108_012022725.jpg
    IMG_20180108_012022725.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_20180108_012115972.jpg
    IMG_20180108_012115972.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 446

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Shitting bricks after seeing my hairline..Any thoughts. I'm 22. Pic taken in front of bright bathroom light.
You are developing the infamous "mature hairline". Do you have a strong family history of balding?

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an uncle who started balding at 40, he's a nw5 at 65. He also had his chemo done so I don't know the natural progression of his baldness. In short,out of 12 males from both the sides,only 2 have balding. I've also recently noticed an increase in my facial hair. I'm afraid to wait it out and consider this as just a mature hairline. What if I wait and it gets worse and worse?? I'm so scared

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I start microdosing on finasteride?? I can't even imagine my life without hair:(:oops:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I start microdosing on finasteride?? I can't even imagine my life without hair:(:oops:
That's your call. When I started finasteride it actually hurt my hairline for the whole year I was on it and now my hairline has noticeably receded. Weigh the pros and cons, because while it can help you there is also a chance it can hurt you. My advice is wait it out for a year, if you think it's worse then you can start looking at treatments, but right now you have a great hairline, still a Norwood 1.Very jealous.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's your call. When I started finasteride it actually hurt my hairline for the whole year I was on it and now my hairline has noticeably receded. Weigh the pros and cons, because while it can help you there is also a chance it can hurt you. My advice is wait it out for a year, if you think it's worse then you can start looking at treatments, but right now you have a great hairline, still a Norwood 1.Very jealous.
I have this very fucked up brain. If I get paranoid over cosmetic issues,it messes my entire month or two. I've started shouting at my parents for no reason at all and have become very irritable. Could it be that my increase in facial hair coincided with my so called puberty spurt and has caused me to develop a slight recession?? I never bad any facial hair before 21,it has started to be a bit prominent now. I'm so f*****g scared and anxious.here's my crown if anybody wanna see.

Attachments

• IMG_20180105_030141616.jpg
    IMG_20180105_030141616.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20180101_010217202.jpg
    IMG_20180101_010217202.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 269

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your crown is fine, honestly I don't think you have any hair loss at all. Even womens hair lines recede a bit with age, it's completely normal. I'm only 20 and my hairline is a lot worse than yours unfortunately lol. If you can reach 30 with a Norwood 2 I'm confident you will be able to keep most of your hair for most of your life. Please calm down, get outta here and live your life. I think you're crazy for posting here for srs.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your crown is fine, honestly I don't think you have any hair loss at all. Even womens hair lines recede a bit with age, it's completely normal. I'm only 20 and my hairline is a lot worse than yours unfortunately lol. If you can reach 30 with a Norwood 2 I'm confident you will be able to keep most of your hair for most of your life. Please calm down, get outta here and live your life. I think you're crazy for posting here for srs.
So what would you do if you were me?? Wait it out or start microdosing?? I should maybe learn a bit of composure from someone younger to me like you and stop being a vain sissy. But it's easier said than done:(

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what would you do if you were me?? Wait it out or start microdosing?? I should maybe learn a bit of composure from someone younger to me like you and stop being a vain sissy. But it's easier said than done:(
It is easier said than done, it gets me down too at times. In my opinion the worst thing I did was start finasteride. I really wish I went the minoxidil route in the first place because I seem to respond to that and I would likely have a much better hairline by now.
What I would do if I were you is hold off the treatments for now, try a year. Then maybe add in minoxidil, you are too early in the game for finasteride.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your input andy. I wish I wasn't so vain and could look into larger things that life has to offer. But I have this mentality that if I look the best I possibly can,only then will I be able to enjoy everything that life has to offer. My inner peace and happiness lies in the way I appear and that's soo fucked up since I'm going to get old someday and then will suffer another panic attack due to wrinkles,saggy eyes etc. These are the things I wouldn't discuss even with my brother with the fear of being called a vain f*****{which I am I guess}.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your input andy. I wish I wasn't so vain and could look into larger things that life has to offer. But I have this mentality that if I look the best I possibly can,only then will I be able to enjoy everything that life has to offer. My inner peace and happiness lies in the way I appear and that's soo fucked up since I'm going to get old someday and then will suffer another panic attack due to wrinkles,saggy eyes etc. These are the things I wouldn't discuss even with my brother with the fear of being called a vain f*****{which I am I guess}.
Most people look better with hair, it's a fact. You are in really good shape right now so treatments should not be a priority. Remember, we have many different types of medicines and hair transplant surgeries to reverse hair loss. Save your pennies, as long as you have money kept aside for these in the future you can expect to not go bald. So try and relax a bit, life is too short to stress :)

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is easier said than done, it gets me down too at times. In my opinion the worst thing I did was start finasteride. I really wish I went the minoxidil route in the first place because I seem to respond to that and I would likely have a much better hairline by now.
What I would do if I were you is hold off the treatments for now, try a year. Then maybe add in minoxidil, you are too early in the game for finasteride.
Bro did you experiece any effects while worsening on finasteride? Intens itch, any side effects, high libido? Etc?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro did you experiece any effects while worsening on finasteride? Intens itch, any side effects, high libido? Etc?
Yeah I got an annoying itch which I never had before. My libido was about the same, maybe a little lower. The strands of hair that fell would be invisible at the root and thick towards the tip it was insane. Things haven't got any better though since dropping finasteride I'm shedding quite a bit and I've now lost all my regrowth from oral minoxidil :( I really need some sort of anti androgen as my hair is getting close to the worst it's ever been.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another pic of crown in front of bright daylight. Hair is just over an inch long. Does it look like it's thinning??:oops:

Attachments

• IMG_20180108_163020740.jpg
    IMG_20180108_163020740.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 264

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I got an annoying itch which I never had before. My libido was about the same, maybe a little lower. The strands of hair that fell would be invisible at the root and thick towards the tip it was insane. Things haven't got any better though since dropping finasteride I'm shedding quite a bit and I've now lost all my regrowth from oral minoxidil :( I really need some sort of anti androgen as my hair is getting close to the worst it's ever been.
You have money for daro? Have you tried zix btw?

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you are perfect, just keep a close eye and if it gets worse then start finasteride, until then, leave this dark place
Sorry for irking you man. Maybe you're right,I should leave this place or else I might go crazy and implode. I think I suffer from bdd more than hairloss.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update- just went to a top trichologist in my city. He checked my hair throughout my scalp,back and sides with a 100x magnifier and laughed at me. He told me that I have 2-3 % miniaturized hair which is way below normal and that the hairline also shows no sign of thinning or miniaturized hair(which I was worried about). He told me that as of now,I don't show any signs of male pattern baldness. This episode of paranoia has taught me to be more humble and not to take small things in life for granted.