Pretty early success???? 11/1 NEW PROBLEMS! SHOOT!

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
Re: Pretty early success????

Congrats man.. your journey was almost the same exact as mine.

I went through the minoxidil shed, and after about 2 months my hair grew back as well.

I've been using Rogaine for my minoxidil though and it's 50.00 for 3 months.. I could save some nice $$$ by switching to Kirkland's brand, but I'm too afraid to make the switch. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", but they're the same exact thing right?

j3321

Established Member
Reaction score

timallen45 said:
Any Finas sides at all bro?

Nope. I'm on my 5th month and absolutely nothing. I've gotten a few testacle aches here and there but I vividly recall getting those from time to time before I started finasteride like especialy when I've been sitting at a computer chair for a long time. Just standing up cures it. I think it's pretty normal.

j3321

Established Member
Reaction score

JerryMaguire said:
Congrats man.. your journey was almost the same exact as mine.

I went through the minoxidil shed, and after about 2 months my hair grew back as well.

I've been using Rogaine for my minoxidil though and it's 50.00 for 3 months.. I could save some nice $$$ by switching to Kirkland's brand, but I'm too afraid to make the switch. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", but they're the same exact thing right?

As far as I understand. I'm not a chemist but minoxidil is minoxidil. The atomic/chemical composition is identical. I don't see how there could be a problem...but I definitly feel your pain. I'd be nervous to switch off Kirkland's even if someone gave me Rogaine Foam for free just because liquid has been working so well.

compaq1

Reaction score

Looks good man, i got some hairline regrowth from rogain , it just take a bit longer , u started young so u should see some great regrowth .. any new pics ?

j3321

Established Member
Reaction score

Well everyone incredible news. Hairloss has stopped and I am back to only losing 3 or 4 hairs in the shower. *phew* that was scary. Be careful about using 50g or more of Adderall a day. I had no problems until 50mg a day.

I'll put up a pick at my next haircut. I lost ground and I want to catch back up. I think it will look good; I'm sure it's all reversible.

compaq1

Reaction score

it should be reversible, but man ... why in the hell were u taking 50mg ?? thats crazy ..

j3321

Established Member
Reaction score

Hm the max is 60mg so I wasn't over-doing it.

I take 20 in the morning, it last 4 hours, I take another 20, it lasts 5 hours, then I take 10mg more in the evening to go another 3.

I think a lot of it is because instant release Adderall is so short lived you have to keep taking it to keep the effect. I might try Vyanse or Wellbutrin. Probably Wellbutrin.

j3321

Established Member
Reaction score

************I AM QUITTING FINASTERIDE**************

I grew back all my hair, and you know what? It's not that amazing. It's really not that cool it just seems cool when your losing it. When you grow it back and finally have it it's like wow. This is really not that amazing. I really don't care if I go bald and I'm not risking any damage caused by finasteride. I have no side effects so far but I really don't care. I've been on it 5 months and I'm done. My minor incident with Adderall made me realize, man, why do I want to screw around with drugs. I've got a good life with a good future. I don't need to put that in jeopardy just so I can have hair for the remainder of college. Man I don't even like most of the people at my college. Who am I trying to impress?

I will wean off it for the next 6 weeks and be finished.
I will replace this with S5 Cream and probably Revivogen.
I will also continue minoxidil and probably kick up my Nizoral useage.

Wish me luck! I'll let you know how things go.

JWM

Reaction score
Re: Pretty early success???? Update 8/24 *Quitting Finasteride*

Good luck

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

That's pretty drastic...after putting in so much time and effort into it all. There's no point to stay with minoxidil or the others then since you'll still continue to lose hair.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

j3321 said:
************I AM QUITTING FINASTERIDE**************

I grew back all my hair, and you know what? It's not that amazing. It's really not that cool it just seems cool when your losing it. When you grow it back and finally have it it's like wow. This is really not that amazing. I really don't care if I go bald

j3321 said:
I will replace this with S5 Cream and probably Revivogen.
I will also continue minoxidil and probably kick up my Nizoral useage.

Wish me luck! I'll let you know how things go.

You don't care about losing hair, you don't want to 'mess around with drugs' yet you still slap chemicals over your head to save your hair and take Addreal? Doesn't really make sense to me. Sounds like your going through a shed and lost a lot of hair your gained and is now fraked out so doing what most people do and get scared off finasteride and trying to make out you don't really care about your hair in the first place. Just a theory.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Makes no sense to quit finasteride if you have no sides.

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score

Consider switching to Proxiphen http://www.drproctor.com/hair-regrowth-products.htm

It contains spironolactone and minoxidil amongst other ingredients and should help you to maintain your hair without ingesting finasteride every day.

Along with RU this is what I'm currently considering.

j3321

Established Member
Reaction score

Okay I'm sorry I am very impulsive an idiotic I really do want to quit but I might not. What happened was I was browsing propeciahelp.com for the first time. I really just wanted to kill myself after that.

Did you guys know that the "finasteride crash" happens WHEN YOU STOP TAKING FINASTERIDE?? It's like you don't even know if it is going to destroy you until you stop it. Man I am freaking out!

What if I used spironolactone and Revivogen? Couldn't that help?

I think I got most of my gains from minoxidil anyway. Grew all my hair back in 2 months and 11 days I doubt finasteride had much to do with it. Wouldn't the minoxidil buy me like a year or two of hair? That's all I "need." I just want to get through college.

j3321

Established Member
Reaction score

nickypoos said:
You don't care about losing hair, you don't want to 'mess around with drugs' yet you still slap chemicals over your head to save your hair and take Addreal? Doesn't really make sense to me. Sounds like your going through a shed and lost a lot of hair your gained and is now fraked out so doing what most people do and get scared off finasteride and trying to make out you don't really care about your hair in the first place. Just a theory.

I appreciate your direct criticism. I have always been quite partial to conflict.

Honestly, I told my doctor I only wanted to be on finasteride for 2 years and no longer. I have always felt that way and still feel that way. I don't want to go bald but that's life. I've accepted it and when I go to grad school my plan was to halt all medications. I just want to buy some time in college mainly. I am telling the honest truth.

And I think I have a theory about you if I can be direct. You know damn well there's a huge difference between minoxidil or spironolactone and finasteride. One of these drugs has an affect on the hormonal balance throughout your entire body....the other one potentially causes dry scalp. Hmmmm....is someone bitter?

I don't want to mess up my body. Finasteride can potentially do that. Propeciahelp.com scared the crap out of me last night but now I'm back to my senses. I took my finasteride this morning (though I only took .75 mg because it seemed very satisfying to do so for some reason).

j3321

Established Member
Reaction score

And I can take a picture right now and show you my hair. It's not that bad, definitely lost ground, but it doesn't look bad. Just looks like I have naturally thin hair instead of the naturally thick stuff I have. I was looking through my scalp and I saw bunch of little guys poppin back up around the place which means I'm getting it back. I can take a picture right now if you don't believe me. I'm not lying.

j3321

Established Member
Reaction score

Another thought: after 6 months on finasteride if I'm going to crash I'm going to crash. I'm pretty much doomed if that's the case. I was thinking I may just try .75 for a while and then .5 for a while and see how that goes. If I'm screwed I'm already screwed so maybe since I've already made the investment I'll go ahead and get my money's worth. :punk: