Premature Greying Is Almost As Brutal As Premature Balding

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but when its a combination of both the pain is somewhat surreal. I am 20 and have like 10% grey hair now. It started when I was 17 and I starting balding at 16.

Every year significantly more and more hair go white. Today was the first time I've ever had a buddy comment on it. He said "Holy sh*t dude, you have a lot of greys ey!". I though of he spotted the couple of greys I have on my side

BUT

I asked him to take a picture of it and it was crazy how much more there was then I remember. I had to actually step back and think "wow this is a surreal amount of pain I'm feeling from this rn"

Its absolutely crazy how much pain my hair has caused me in my life

but anyways, I've calmed down a little. I know theres nothing I can do to stop it, its just genetics. I've died my hair with just for mens before and its actually not that complicated until a majority of your hair is grey. Just an annoying hassle and quite expensive too. But still, thank god for hair dye

Just wanted to vent, anyone else go through something like this.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
but when its a combination of both the pain is somewhat surreal. I am 20 and have like 10% grey hair now. It started when I was 17 and I starting balding at 16.

Every year significantly more and more hair go white. Today was the first time I've ever had a buddy comment on it. He said "Holy sh*t dude, you have a lot of greys ey!". I though of he spotted the couple of greys I have on my side

BUT

I asked him to take a picture of it and it was crazy how much more there was then I remember. I had to actually step back and think "wow this is a surreal amount of pain I'm feeling from this rn"

but anyways, I've calmed down a little. I know theres nothing I can do to stop it, its just genetics. I've died my hair with just for mens before and its actually not that complicated until a majority of your hair is grey. Just an annoying hassle and quite expensive too. But still, thank god for hair dye

Well 20 is a bit early to go grey.
However, the solution to it, as you say yourself, is 1000 times more simple than with hair loss.
I wish I knew why it is that women MUST dye their hair and men are considered kind of ridiculous if they do.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Grey hair is a blessing in disguise, providing it’s a full head of course.. The UFC ring guy has really cool shave grey hair cause he’s tanned too. Just eat loads of blueberries, they are full of copper!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive had grey since highschool. Its hard to see because its mostly on the sides which I have always shaved. Oddly when the top of my head is shorter its more noticable but when its grown longer its not.
Either way, NO, greying is not the same nor worse, nor on the same level. I actually love, and always have loved my grey. I always told people if my hair was billy idol WHITE, id have a 24/7 365 hard on for myself. I dont even mind when women have grey, I think its a sexy color because thats all it is, a color. Like driving a silver/grey car, which most people love.
If someone mentions grey, I say "yeah you know who else is grey/white..... ODIN! ZEUS! GOD!" Im just that pure! Rock that grey, Im telling you in a couple years its going to be all the rage, same as gingers. All of a sudden red hair is being made trendy, even on guys.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
20 is quite young to see that process beginning. I'd be more concerned about premature aging as a factor. Maybe get telomere test to find out how old you really are biologically.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
@swingline747

I saw your pic with grey and when your mate dyed it once after a transplant, thought both looked cool.

sorry not me, never dyed my hair ever, unless that was meant for someone else.

Anyway though, youre right, its sort of already becoming a style. Women actually do like salt/pepper. I have myself as well. Theres an older woman here who is still pretty tight that dyes her hair. I had mentioned to her to let it go, the grey would look good on her. She went a bit past root then dyed it lol. I think my grey is what started the entire convo actually. My hair changes color alot to. I go from light brown, to alot of grey, to almost black depending on whatever. Lighting, season, mood maybe (lol). Also If I have any product that in it that makes it look wet it just looks dark. I should photo my sides and put it up, Ive been that way since I was at least like 19, but again had greys since HS. It never bothered me, just becoming more god like.
Now the hairloss!!!!! NO WAY! Then Im becoming more orcish..... no offense to anyone.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

BUT

Complaining about grey hair is like a slightly overweight women complaining about her weight. How hard is it to dye your hair? But your balding at 16, thats fucked up. Quality genetics you got!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
@swingline747

Ah that's it. I saw two pictures of you after your transplant. One was you after a cut and your hair was wet. Thought it was dyed as it looked brown and the other picture was more white/grey. Seen an older guy in a bar once, full white but perfect hair, great beard and masculine face, looked like one of those old warriors!

f*** YEAH! I wish I could grow a kick beard. Sadly my dufus brother actually grows better facial than I do. Mine gets so kinky it actually hurts my face. Though its also so tight and matted I could probably deflect a tyson punch

Feathered Harry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even close! Are you nuts? If you really think they are equivalent then you are either very okay with balding or vastly over-concerned about grey hair.
I have significant greyage at 28 and I rarely ever think about it. In fact (at the risk of bragging) the only times it has ever come up in the past few years is when girls tell me they think it's hot (this has happened like twice, mind you). Hell I think I might even enjoy my grey hair. Hairloss, on the other hand, is a vile curse that consumes every moment of every day of my life. If I could be as cavalier about hairloss as I am about greying, I would be a profoundly happier man indeed.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wanna trade, buddy? I get your hair and colour and you get my 'hair' and colour.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I dye my hair simply for the reason it's another trick to make your hair look and feel thicker. My hair actually behaves much better when I get it freshly colored. If I never experienced this benefit, I would quit coloring it. Not only that but when I tell people I color my hair( which I am never ashamed to say), they say but it looks so natural. I even had another hair stylist tell me the my hair color looks natural and was a perfect choice.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dye my hair simply for the reason it's another trick to make your hair look and feel thicker. My hair actually behaves much better when I get it freshly colored. If I never experienced this benefit, I would quit coloring it. Not only that but when I tell people I color my hair( which I am never ashamed to say), they say but it looks so natural. I even had another hair stylist tell me the my hair color looks natural and was a perfect choice.

I was thinking about colouring my hair too. I have thin blond hair. What kind of colour you get? I put medium brown Toppik in my hair. It does look thicker and a bit darker looks better.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I was thinking about colouring my hair too. I have thin blond hair. What kind of colour you get? I put medium brown Toppik in my hair. It does look thicker and a bit darker looks better.
Mine is a light brown but it looks more like medium brown. It gets lighter as it fades.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
a lot of people here are coping hard, thinking greying doesnt matter, just lol @ this idea.

yeah, greying isnt as bad as balding, cant argue with that, but greying early is a f*****g disaster.

im in the same situation dude, i started greying at 19, cuz of sh*t life and too much stress or just genetics, idk.

then balding also caught up few years later.

im 24 now almost 25, 40% grey hair, it looks sh*t, u cant normmally dye it, cuz i have brown colored hair, and u cant cover grey with light colors, only with black.

its bullshit.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
a lot of people here are coping hard, thinking greying doesnt matter, just lol @ this idea.

yeah, greying isnt as bad as balding, cant argue with that, but greying early is a f*****g disaster.

im in the same situation dude, i started greying at 19, cuz of sh*t life and too much stress or just genetics, idk.

then balding also caught up few years later.

im 24 now almost 25, 40% grey hair, it looks sh*t, u cant normmally dye it, cuz i have brown colored hair, and u cant cover grey with light colors, only with black.

its bullshit.
Wrong, I had light brown hair naturally( it was strawberry blonde as a child)and it developed some stubborn gray and with Paul Mitchell N plus, it will cover it and you can maintain a brown color and it looks natural. You have to go to a color expert to know how to do this. You can not achieve this with Just for Men. I tried that and failed.