Potential Prostaglandin E2 Suppliers

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I apologize if you mentioned this elsewhere but how did you land on 1mg/day? Also do you apply once or twice a day? Thanks again.

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read Cotsarelis studies

I think I had. Correct if I'm wrong, they showed that PGD2 was overexpressed in balding scalp, whereas PGE2 was underexpressed. This doesn't address my question, though. By this time, I believe that PGE2 administration has not been proven as an effective treatment in any group of patients; and, according to some, Brotzu for example (and I know that he is not the most trustworthy person at this point), PGE2 has been proven ineffective in experiments. The theory is interesting, but what about the empirical data?

PGE2 has been linked to a number of diseases, including cancer

Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) promotes proliferation and invasion by enhancing SUMO-1 activity via EP4 receptor in endometrial cancer.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27230680

and its role as a treatment of male pattern baldness it is just based in speculation. Its plausible mechanisms of action are, as far as I know, not well understood, and the risks are far too great. At this point, I don't believe that it is wise to self-treat oneself with a pro-inflammatory prostaglandin, that could go systemic and break havoc in several parts of your body.

Last edited:

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I had. Correct if I'm wrong, they showed that PGD2 was overexpressed in balding scalp, whereas PGE2 was underexpressed. This doesn't address my question, though. By this time, I believe that PGE2 administration has not been proven as an effective treatment in any group of patients; and, according to some, Brotzu for example (and I know that he is not the most trustworthy person at this point), PGE2 has been proven ineffective in experiments. The theory is interesting, but what about the empirical data?
PGD2 has to be reduced in addition to PGE2 being increased.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

PGE2 has been linked to a number of diseases, including cancer

Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) promotes proliferation and invasion by enhancing SUMO-1 activity via EP4 receptor in endometrial cancer.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27230680

and its role as a treatment of male pattern baldness it is just based in speculation. Its plausible mechanisms of action are, as far as I know, not well understood, and the risks are far too great. At this point, I don't believe that it is wise to self-treat oneself with a pro-inflammatory prostaglandin, that could go systemic and break havoc in several parts of your body.

The once dangerous here are untested chinese suppliers and uninformed human beings like you.

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PGD2 has to be reduced in addition to PGE2 being increased.

I know the theory. Now, where is the empirical evidence? Do we have any subject that regrew his hair with this approach? Do we know whether it is safe to increase prostaglandins that have been linked to cancer? This prostaglandin theory has been around for a while, at least since 2013, when I first read about it in Longecity, where are the results in this 5 years?

Last edited:

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont tell him, morons can shave or whatever at this point. :D

The once dangerous here are untested chinese suppliers and uninformed human beings like you.

Because I'm sceptic and I ask for evidence, I deserve to be called a moron, dangerous and uninformed, I see. Several times I stated that I may be wrong, that I only talk from my perspective, which could be limited. Anyway, I don't see how my request for evidence and my concern about safety could be undesirable. I have maintained my hair for the last decade with no sides, and some of the substances I take diminish in fact both PGD2 and PGE2, I have experienced no regrowth, I'm a NW1.5, with a little receding in the temples and a little thinning in the crown, every male in my family was bald at my age; some, long before. Now, tell me, why should I shave or why should I take something that has been linked extensively to cancer and disease. Because this follows almost the same reasoning that you people do. You say that PGE2 is low in the balding scalp, and therefore it should be increased. I say that PGE2 is high in tumors, and therefore increasing it MIGHT be a bad idea.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I'm sceptic and I ask for evidence, I deserve to be called a moron, dangerous and uninformed, I see. Several times I stated that I may be wrong, that I only talk from my perspective, which could be limited. Anyway, I don't see how my request for evidence and my concern about safety could be undesirable. I have maintained my hair for the last decade with no sides, and some of the substances I take diminish in fact both PGD2 and PGE2, I have experienced no regrowth, I'm a NW1.5, with a little receding in the temples and a little thinning in the crown, every male in my family was bald at my age; some, long before. Now, tell me, why should I shave or why should I take something that has been linked extensively to cancer and disease. Because this follows almost the same reasoning that you people do. You say that PGE2 is low in the balding scalp, and therefore it should be increased. I say that PGE2 is high in tumors, and therefore increasing it MIGHT be a bad idea.

No, you demand to be spoonfed in an experimental treatment section. Obviously not the place for you.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

We already know that it should be safe and effective to tackle pgd2. (With topical ceti study). or other studies with people using anti histamines. But you are right for pge2, I don’t remember study showing it may be a safe approach or correct(if this makes sense?!);.

You're absolutely right in your skepticism. This PG theory has been around for a very long time, and you'd certainly think there would be some success SOMEWHERE.

But at the same time, it's a forum of men wanting hair. They're just excited at that possibility, that's all.

True when you think about prostanglandins, it is quite funny tbh. It is known for more than 10years. The fact is every 2 years there is a new hype with new studies or new drug. Then You see some members buying the full package to give it a go. I 'm sure all drugs targeting pg’s have been tried at this point even natural plant extracts... from oc to seti and I would not be surprised some guys out there even tried (or are trying) fevipiprant… ^^
Don't get me wrong I'm still hopeful but we just need a new effective drug to be released, a legit, safe, ready to use, f**** drug ; ) that said I have more hope in wounding+coumpound thoug

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
What have you done to maintain? finasteride? At what dose

Kornel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I think we should pick one supplier, do a GB and test pge2.

But is anyone interested in a pge2 GB?

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think u're the 1 that got it wrong here.

He doesnt have to convince u or any1.

He started this thread for those that have alrdy made up their mind

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using kane pge2, but honestly, I'm just taking a leap of faith. Even if you got it tested, its impossible to know if future buy will be legit as well.

I like option 2 better. I'm down to do a group buy at 500$, we can do 5 ppl, 100$ each. Get it tested, if its garbage than w/e.

Razor of Damocles

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have enough PGE2 to last me a while so admittedly Im being a bit complacent.

But for you guys when need to get something organized.

I can get the PGE2 tested at the University of Pisa through a friend for $50 which i dont mind paying myself.

He needs a minimum of 50mg of PGE2 to test

We have two options right now that we need to consider.

Option 1 - Kanes PGE2

Buy 50mg of PGE2 from Kane to test ($135)

https://www.thekaneshop.com/product/pge2-2/

We need to collectively take a risk and crowdfund to purchase 50mg of PGE2 for $135 from kane and have it tested. The lab will consume all 50mg of the PGE2 in the testing so if it turns out legit even though we lose the PGE2 we can at least have a piece of mind that at least theirs a good chance future PGE2 from kane will be legit.

Cons:

• his rates very expensive (his $/g)
  • All of the PGE2 for a 50mg test will be used up during the testing.

Pro:

• easily to communicate with and a convenient website.
  • We only need $135 worth of PGE2 to do an initial test

Option 2 - Ali Baba Crowfund

Buy 1g of PGE2 from Alibaba to Test (~ $500 because 1g is the minimum they will sell)

We need to collectively take a risk and crowdfund to purchase 1g of PGE2 for ~ $500 from an Alibaba Source outlined in this thread and have it tested. The lab will consume all 50mg of the PGE2 in the testing so if it turns out legit we give a member that donated/crowdfunded the remaining 950mg. Maybe a raffle?

Cons:

• Need to take an initial risk in buying $500 worth of PGE2

Pro:

• if it turns out to be legit, the PGE2 will be super cheap. $500 worth of PGE2 at 1mg/day will last you years.
  • If it turns out legit, than the remaining 950mg of PGE2 can be sent to a member that donated from the crowdfunding. Maybe a raffle?
Think the 2nd option is better as well.
If this goes through, group buying seti might be a viable option, and a way to bring the price down a bit.