Post-finasteride Syndrome: An Induced Delusional Disorder ...f

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Post-Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) was recently added to the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) list of genetic and rare diseases1,2*. Finasteride is a 5-alpha reductase type II enzyme inhibitor used to treat hair loss (eg, Propecia, Profal and ReGen) or enlarged prostate (eg, Proscar, Finasteride Rex and Fintral)."

Source : https://medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArticles/March2016/PostFinasterideSyndrome.htm

A lot of people seem to ignore this and i don't know why...
Like irishlad8787 already said, they do that to prevent being sued. They will deny everything in court.
Let's be real here, if PFS is truly a condition caused by finasteride, and finasteride truly does infect neurosteroids, etc...
why would there be only side-effects in such a small percentage of the population? Human bodies are really not that different from eachother. And don't argument that other drugs have side-effects in small populations too, because these are NEVER persistent, like claimed by these PFS sufferers. U can always have a bad or allergic reaction to a drug, but claiming that your dick does not work 6 years after popping one pill, no chance.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Like irishlad8787 already said, they do that to prevent being sued. They will deny everything in court.
Let's be real here, if PFS is truly a condition caused by finasteride, and finasteride truly does infect neurosteroids, etc...
why would there be only side-effects in such a small percentage of the population? Human bodies are really not that different from eachother. And don't argument that other drugs have side-effects in small populations too, because these are NEVER persistent, like claimed by these PFS sufferers. U can always have a bad or allergic reaction to a drug, but claiming that your dick does not work 6 years after popping one pill, no chance.

Most retarded sentence I have read this week.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it seems people have excuses for everything... If it's written and accepted it's because they don't want to be sued... If it's not, we don't believe it anyways and so on... The truth is that nobody still knows and reports keep coming in, with same symptoms, same reports etc.... Success stories, less and lesser... What i don't like is like you, many more seem very sure of what they think and that's not ok, because nobody knows and that's that... We all want it to be good and we all want it to work, we all want it to be side effect free and we all want to be on the side of people who are ok and who get results, but what happens if you are not... Nobody would care anyways and it would be very hard to prove it and that's the cruel reality...
The cruel reality is, that from current data, it is far more likely that PFS is indeed not the result of finasteride, but more the result of persisting mental problems, personality disorders, etc...
The forum dedicated to PFS is not all that big anyways, they can not even get 100 ppl to participate in a survey. I feel bad for the people there, most likely they are looking for a solution to a problem that does not even exist, only in their minds.

INT

Reaction score
why would there be only side-effects in such a small percentage of the population? Human bodies are really not that different from eachother.

"Let's be real here, if gluten allergy is truly a thing, why would there only be adverse effects in such a small percentage of the population? Human bodies are really not that different from each other".

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Only arguments please, no ad hominems. Or i will return the favour.

Not an ad hominem. That would be if I called you a retard and because you are one what you say is false, which I did not.

"Let's be real here, if gluten allergy is truly a thing, why would there only be adverse effects in such a small percentage of the population? Human bodies are really not that different from each other".

Now i saw that you said that you took the topical route, what product are you using, since when and how it's working for you ? Any sides, any success with it ? I saw that minoxidilmax has some different variants with minoxidil and a lot of stuff in it, what are you using if you don't mind me asking ?

I'm using the minoxidilmax one, since 2 months. I've seen a little bit of regrowth so far, but 2 months is nothing in hair cycles.

Reactions: INT

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who r against finastride, is there any alternative that could be used to prevent baldness IN THE LONG-RUN other than finastride?

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To everyone reporting that they’ve gotten gyno from finasteride, gyno is very common to develop as you age. Mine never gone away even before I’ve taken finasteride & now that I have for 5 months+ it doesn’t seem to be getting any worse. I’m already high in estrogen too, so if it’s really so common for finasteride to develop gyno then mine should be much worse by now.

And to the guy who said he’s developed gyno within 2 weeks of finasteride, I dunno about that bc although it can develop early on, u normally wont notice it till month 2 due to the delay for progression.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
To everyone reporting that they’ve gotten gyno from finasteride, gyno is very common to develop as you age. Mine never gone away even before I’ve taken finasteride & now that I have for 5 months+ it doesn’t seem to be getting any worse. I’m already high in estrogen too, so if it’s really so common for finasteride to develop gyno then mine should be much worse by now.

And to the guy who said he’s developed gyno within 2 weeks of finasteride, I dunno about that bc although it can develop early on, u normally wont notice it till month 2 due to the delay for progression.

It's somewhat common to get it while you're in puberty. I did not get it in puberty, so we can ignore that. I have not heard of people spotaneously developing gynecomastia 'as you age', unless you are talking being a 70 year old prostate cancer patient who is on bicalutamide.

After puberty you can only get it if you f*** up on roids or take otherwise strong hormonal-altering medications, or you become hypogonadal and your T levels drop super low.

And finally, I said I started getting gyno within 2 weeks, which means that the initial symptoms appeared in 2 weeks, not that I had full blown A cups in that time.. Jesus. If you've had it yourself then you know how gyno starts. First there is the constant itching and sensitivity of the nipples that you can't ignore, then they start getting puffy, once that happens, they grow more and more and the growth becomes more and more permanent. If I had stopped after those first 2 weeks, there probably wouldn't be any permanent growth. But the beginning signs were already there as soon as my DHT levels dropped, which doesn't take long once you start taking Finasteride.

Finally, I can show you a picture of how my nipples looked after 1 year on Finasteride (it's actually still here somewhere on this forum, posted about 3 years ago) but I realize you copers would probably say that they looked like that before Finasteride as well, so I'm not even going to bother. Tell yourself whatever you need to sleep well at night.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is COMPLETELY over for PFS-cels. There is no hope. The scientific community will NEVER recognize you and give a fcuk about you. And there will NEVER be cure because it is ALL in your heads.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have some serious problems mate and you could need some serious help and therapy maybe that could help you solve your frustrations... A lot of us never took finasteride anyways and never will, you can yell here all you want that's not gonna change the truth... It's clearly from your post history that you are here just to argue and express your personal frustrations and it's not a bad thing that you are letting them out but don't get to excited in thinking that somebody cares about what you say especially that you express it in such a manner, and it's not like you yelling on a forum will change anything or the reality itself... But maybe you are a 12 year old that has only one purpose in this and that is clearly showed in your comments and posts...
giphy.gif

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol even gyno is a hoax now ? Wtf is wrong with this forum, there's plenty of gynos threads here, with pics
Get your asses into the side effects section

It have been identified as a potential side during trials btw (by Merck themselves), like 20 years ago ?

finasteride is still no candy, i guess drawings, pics and memes are better in this case, this is next sh*t level

Patient Information PROPECIA (Pro-pee-sha) (finasteride)
https://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/p/propecia/propecia_ppi.pdf
Copyright 1997 Merck
Revised: 09/2013

upload_2019-6-22_23-45-45.png

upload_2019-6-22_23-53-57.png

upload_2019-6-22_23-56-55.png

upload_2019-6-23_0-4-22.png

Last edited:

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol even gyno is a hoax now ? Wtf is wrong with this forum, there's plenty of gynos threads here, with pics
Get your asses into the Side effects section

It have been identified as a potential side during trials btw (by Merck themselves), like 30 years ago ?

finasteride is still no candy

True, candy is unhealthy, finasteride is not.
giphy-gif.gif

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's written on that f*****g leaflet as a common side effect, you can try to convince yourself that it's not but it's still written there.. It's rare indeed but it can happen and i saw a lot of reports... And in general population it's not that common, not all people have hormonal imbalances and it's still a minority of people who get it "naturally"... And there are different and a lot of other reasons kids get it, adults and so on... It's a big difference on one induced and gotten after you taken finasteride and the one you already had... I also saw people who took finasteride who already had gyno and stayed that way, i saw people who in time developed more of it and a lot of people who never had and got it after a while of finasteride... That's why it's written on that f*****g leaflet, and your did not got worse in 5 months does not mean it will get worse but also it does not mean it won't with time...

It’s definitely a side effect, but in my experience I don’t see many people developing gyno from finasteride. It’s definitely a small minority, & it’s a risk everybody should b aware of beforehand. That said I agree tho, the longer u take finasteride the more likely you develop gyno. Idk how much likely, but it comes with age too in conjunction with the excess estrogen from finasteride.

So what’s the point of this thread again

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s definitely a side effect, but in my experience I don’t see many people developing gyno from finasteride. It’s definitely a small minority, & it’s a risk everybody should b aware of beforehand. That said I agree tho, the longer u take finasteride the more likely you develop gyno. Idk how much likely, but it comes with age too in conjunction with the excess estrogen from finasteride.

So what’s the point of this thread again
The point of this thread was to point out, that PFS is indeed rare, and likely not a result of finasteride but of pre-existing mental problems, personality disorders, etc... which is why patient screening is important when prescribing finasteride. I never claimed finasteride has no side-effects, there is high value evidence that sexual dysfunction is higher in finasteride users. The evidence of finasteride causing PFS is of low quality and too limited. However, the anti-finasteride crew started namecalling almost immediately because they lack arguments.

INT

Reaction score
The point of this thread was to point out, that PFS is indeed rare, and likely not a result of finasteride but of pre-existing mental problems, personality disorders, etc... which is why patient screening is important when prescribing finasteride. I never claimed finasteride has no side-effects, there is high value evidence that sexual dysfunction is higher in finasteride users. The evidence of finasteride causing PFS is of low quality and too limited. However, the anti-finasteride crew started namecalling almost immediately because they lack arguments.

Your posting history is literally a compilation of trolling people that got (persistant) side effects from finasteride and now all of a sudden you play the nuance card and you claim that others started namecalling you...

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@OP I'm reasonably certain your posts haven't convinced or changed anyone's mind on the subject matter whatsoever. How does that feel?

Only thing you've succeeded in is creating a cope echo chamber thread for yourself, so congratulations on that.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score