Poll: minoxidil Liquid vs. Foam

minoxidil Liquid vs. Foam

• Total voters

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
ryan r said:
When you still have a lot of hair, the foam is very crappy to apply, especially when your diffusing all over (in the genetically affected area) like me. So, its just so much better with the liquid (now using kirkland) for me.
i had that problem too... foam is hard to apply unless the area you're applying it to is really thin.

kirkland minoxidil is easier to apply (for me at least) and a hell of a lot cheaper so hands down I'd go with liquid.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
So far, in my experience... I don't get the runnyness with Kirkland's minoxidil... but then again, I put the applicator against the scalp and immediately massage it in with 2 fingers.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I cant massage, too much hair and my hair would look like a battlefield

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I use the generic minoxidil you get at Wal-mart.
Is there any evidence the foam is actually more effective?
I get a three month supply of equate minoxidil for about twenty five dollars. A one month bottle of the Rogaine foam cost almost that much.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Foams catching up.

Yeah, the premium on Rogaine Foam is kinda lame, but if you just use Rogaine Foam in the morning, and Liquid at night... a 1 month can of foam becomes 2 months... plus, as another poster pointed out, you could be benefitting from both foam and liquid.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Why can't they market generic minoxidil as a foam???
A foam would undoubtedly be less messy and therefore easier to use, but I'm not going to pay as much for one can of it as I would for a three month supply of minoxidil in liquid form.

JWM

Reaction score
Okay! Only a one point lead for liquid now. Foam is making a strong run!

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score