Poll: minoxidil Liquid vs. Foam

minoxidil Liquid vs. Foam

• Total voters

JWM

Reaction score
To those that have used BOTH treatments for an extended period of time (at LEAST 6 months) please vote for the one that gave you the best results.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Wow a lot of people said the liquid did better than the foam

Obsidian

Reaction score
Yeah I don't get it, some of my favorite success stories on here are the guys who used the foam. (StrangeKarma, Inland, MJ9)

NotWithoutAFight

Reaction score
Props on the poll! I think more of these polls covering a variety of treatments would be a good way to summarize this forums user's experiences. Got to break through the voter apathy; however....

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Liquid all the way!!! I lost ground when I switched to the foam. I had been on liquid for four years with great results prior to that. In my opinion the foam is too strong (meaning the amount absorbed).

JWM

Reaction score
Still a 4 point lead for liquid; 13-9 now.

I aim to reach 1,000 members :)

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Logically, liquid should be the superior. At least, if you're talking about Rogaine, which does not have the propylene glycol (agent that penetrates the skin) Minoxidil has. Granted, for application purposes Rogaine is easier to apply, obviously. You can diffuse it easier than you can with concentrated liquid. The other downside to the liquid is that it's easier to run down your head. Liquid minoxidil can also accidentally spill if you knock it over (sh1t happened to me once and I went ballistic). All you need however is to be careful with the thing. This reminds me of yet another con. Since it doesn't come out via pressure nozzle like Rogaine, it gets exposed to the air/moisture in air which can slightly weaken it as it gets used over the month. Chemically, liquid minoxidil is better.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
When you still have a lot of hair, the foam is very crappy to apply, especially when your diffusing all over (in the genetically affected area) like me. So, its just so much better with the liquid (now using kirkland) for me.

What does suck however, is that my hair gets greasier and thus optically thinner with each day, until I wash it and then the whole process starts over again.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
...I was JUST in another topic someone made who was using the kirkland version, saying it's very greasy etc., so it could just be that, that version of min is made of ***.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah too bad it so greasy, but if the other versions are less greasy, arent they more likley to drip down to your forehad?

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Just use your head like a balance. You can also stop it with you minoxidil coated fingers. Figure it out.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I always figure it out, but I was wondering if less greasie versions are more runnie then others.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Well obv no ryan. If it's greasier then it has less water in it. Water is just about the most runny substance.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Vigaku said:
Well obv no ryan. If it's greasier then it has less water in it. Water is just about the most runny substance.

So then I was right, when I said that LESS greasie versions are more likely to drip down to your forehead