Please, I'm just asking for a quick opinion..(again)

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's me again. I'm trying to not let the thought of losing my hair get the best of me. I'm on meds (finasteride and minoxidil), I've been wearing a hat whenever I can, and I've been trying to just live my life the best I can and not really think about it. But the other night I decided to do an update thread, and it sorta failed. I forgot to post a before pic, and I didn't realize that there was so many new members actively posting who wouldn't be aware of my previous posts. So, to rectify that, I started to go through old pics. Which then put me back in that old mind frame of constantly comparing my hair, looking for signs of improvement or more loss. I don't want to do that.

Sooo..all I'm asking is for a quick opinion of my hair as it is right now, at this current moment in time.
Is this what a balding guy's head looks like? Is it bad? Norwood?

IMG_2768.JPG
IMG_2769.JPG
IMG_2771.JPG
IMG_2779.JPG
IMG_2784.JPG
IMG_2787.JPG
IMG_2801.JPG
IMG_2802.JPG

Thank you!

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen your threads man and honestly it's not too bad, NW2 diffuse as Joey said. I'm sorry to hear that Finasteride didn't really help you, would you say that you basically shedded the same on finasteride as you did preFin?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's me again. I'm trying to not let the thought of losing my hair get the best of me. I'm on meds (finasteride and minoxidil), I've been wearing a hat whenever I can, and I've been trying to just live my life the best I can and not really think about it. But the other night I decided to do an update thread, and it sorta failed. I forgot to post a before pic, and I didn't realize that there was so many new members actively posting who wouldn't be aware of my previous posts. So, to rectify that, I started to go through old pics. Which then put me back in that old mind frame of constantly comparing my hair, looking for signs of improvement or more loss. I don't want to do that.

Sooo..all I'm asking is for a quick opinion of my hair as it is right now, at this current moment in time.
Is this what a balding guy's head looks like? Is it bad? Norwood?

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey brother,
It's definitely not bad at all. You are starting to thin a bit though. It's a little apparent in the hair line, crown and midscalp. You know what you need to do if you want to keep it! Stay on the meds. How old are you?

Last edited by a moderator:

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree 2 with diffuse on the front. I am sure if you styled it a certain way the general public wouldnt notice. Do you have a good barber your comfortable with? No need to be condemned to a hat yet. But if it is helping you take your mind off it understandable.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I've always been told that I was thinning in the A pattern. I feel like most of thinning seems to be around the hairline. I haven't noticed any crown loss. So maybe my worse case scenario is like NW3A?

shookwun

Reaction score
NW2A diffuse but approaching a NW3A with vertex thinning.

Can slowly see the pattern taking place.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I've always been told that I was thinning in the A pattern. I feel like most of thinning seems to be around the hairline. I haven't noticed any crown loss. So maybe my worse case scenario is like NW3A?

tbh i think ur worst case scenario is nw6, ur diffuse all over, even at the crown, them feels brah, we got the same diffuse thinning, im only 23.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
NW2A diffuse but approaching a NW3A with vertex thinning.

Can slowly see the pattern taking place.

I suppose it's better that it's slowly taking place rather then rapidly. What is pattern taking place?
I'm sorta surprised that my vertex is starting to thin. What is the difference between crown loss and vertex loss? Will that eventually result in bald spot? I never worried about it before. I always assumed that my problem area was only my hairline.

What happens after nw3a with vertex thinning? Every norwood chart I see has the A pattern with out crown loss and that it doesn't get worse then nw4a. But my pattern seems a bit different. Do I have a horseshoe in the making?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
NY, looks like you have stabilized for now. I don't think your hair is worse since you last post. I have seen a hair transplant case where Erdogan classified the patient as a NW5A. So it goes up to 5 instead of 4. You just have diffuse loss which is called DPA and not DUPA.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not at a nw3 yet? Is it possible that I could end up one day (maybe in 5 years or so) with just the horseshoe ring? Is that where I'm heading? I feel like these pics represent my hairline a bit better.
IMG_2816.JPGIMG_2823.JPGIMG_2826.JPGIMG_2831.JPGIMG_2838.JPG

g.i joey

Reaction score
if u were to get off treatments, you'd probably be nw3 in 6 months to a year. your hairloss is diffusing aggressively.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
if u were to get off treatments, you'd probably be nw3 in 6 months to a year. your hairloss is diffusing aggressively.
I've heard that diffuse lost could possibly result in ending up as higher Norwood. Is that a possibility? Is there a way to tell what Norwood you're diffusing to and how rapidly?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I were you I would try dutasteride. But weigh it all up and see a Dr. I say that because you have thin areas rather than bald so maybe the transition to dutasteride is worth the gamble. Can always come back to finasteride.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would try dutasteride. But weigh it all up and see a Dr. I say that because you have thin areas rather than bald so maybe the transition to dutasteride is worth the gamble. Can always come back to finasteride.
I'm assuming that dutasteride is risky and a sort of last-ditch effort, since I hear a lot of people are hesitant to go on it. Do you think my hair loss is already at that point? Is it worth even being on meds (are there long term risks?) if I'm not responding? I'm assuming there are people here that didn't respond to meds, I wonder what they chose to do as an alternative.

Saher Hassan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm assuming that dutasteride is risky and a sort of last-ditch effort, since I hear a lot of people are hesitant to go on it. Do you think my hair loss is already at that point? Is it worth even being on meds (are there long term risks?) if I'm not responding? I'm assuming there are people here that didn't respond to meds, I wonder what they chose to do as an alternative.
Any udpates