PLEASE HELP ME--I'M FREAKING OUT--BALD PATCH UNDERNEATH HAIR

jvantin1

Reaction score
Thanks, lovely...

Informative post--thanks so much. I don't really want to start with the shots...after all I've been though I am just really leery. So the ointments sound like a good start.

And I'm going to print out all those tests--I have an appointment for tomorrow at 10 a.m. Wish me luck...

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
lmao@ jvantin1's first post!!!!

:laugh:

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry but that was funny

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
your first post ever= stabber laughing his *** off

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
jvantin1 said:
why is my post funny? sorry, i must be dense, as well as balding.

b/c it was your first post and you were freaking out and using the Fword. Happens a lot around here. It cracks me up everytime.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
jvantin1,

Some of the guys are a bit cynical at times. And, as guys, they seem to have a Martian sense of humor. Ya need a sense of humor when ya start to lose your hair. But, they are (mostly) :roll: VERY nice guys. And helpful, too.
I know your hair loss is very traumatic for you. Even more so than for the guys, and a lot of them will tell you it is freakier to be a women with hair loss issues.

I know the what next feeling. Been there.
But, try to relax some. Take a deep breath. The stress will make it worse!!!
If you don't get results with a derm, you might look into an endocrinologist, it may be a hormone issue as well.

For further research:
http://www.johnleemd.com/
http://www.hormonehelpny.com/
http://www.keratin.com/
:)

Reaction score
lovely711 said:
jvantin1

As HairLossTalk.com told dont forget to ask ur doctor to take those tests. I took a print out of carol's page and asked him to do all those tests. But all those came normal to me. Stress could very trigger this auto immune process, and naturally we will get more stressed after seeing this, which made my case severe.. Thts why i am saying to relax and cool down.. it is no big deal, there are ways to deal with it..

My problem was my doctor could not recognise that it was AA, and he treated me for male pattern baldness, which made my case much worser.. Doctors are big fun nowadays.. Funny thing is, after 8 months of living with it, with all my desperation I went to a hair transplant doctor. He told me that I have an AA as opposed to male pattern baldness.. I took an appointment with a dermatologist 50 miles away and he confimed I have AA, but I have male pattern baldness too showing my receding hairline.. we decided to try cortisteroid oitments first, and if that does'nt work go for injections.. I responded to the oitments itself. After 3 weeks hair started growing.. if u r taking cortisteroid oitments it is important that u should go on and off every week to get maximum results.. in my case it was not possible coz I had high inflammation there, and going off from it was returning those back.. so i used a potent one and less potent one on alternate weeks.. i saw that when i did that hair growth was getting faster.. I used tricomin and laser comb too.. both did a wonderful job. laser comb is expensive but if u could get that, it wud be nice.. i bought a used one from ebay for $350.

minoxidil was making my case worser, i had to drop it. It was causing inflammation.. but if u dont have inflammation like I had u can add minoxidil too.. hope this helps.. good luck

Would cortisteriod ointment work on Androgenetic Alopecia??? Do I just ask a derm to prescribe it???

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
lovely711 said:
minoxidil was making my case worser, i had to drop it. It was causing inflammation.. but if u dont have inflammation like I had

My scalp is very sensitive, too. I can't use Nixoral 2%, minoxodil, or any hair products with alcohol or similar ingredients in them. It irritates my scalp and sometimes sets off a bout with seb derm.
Do you find you are sensitive to any of these products?