Attachments

• 0C5873A4-BAB2-43E5-8286-55C09596EA06.jpeg
    0C5873A4-BAB2-43E5-8286-55C09596EA06.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,883

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry because in a few years you can start finasteride 1 MG and minoxidil and that should stop the loss for the most part.

HLV

Rks1605

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you guys check out my recent post as well and help me? Im pretty worried about my hair too

Timothy Q

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im hearing a lot of mixed opinions about whats going on with my hair. I assume theres a big difference between balding and NW0 because i read thats what you’re born with. Is there any way to prove whats going on or at least make it more clear? What medication should i go on and would it be legal to use it now?

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im hearing a lot of mixed opinions about whats going on with my hair. I assume theres a big difference between balding and NW0 because i read thats what you’re born with. Is there any way to prove whats going on or at least make it more clear? What medication should i go on and would it be legal to use it now?

There’s a test you can do that determines whether you have the gene for balding

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing is certain. It might be very likely but baldness can skip generations. Like I said I wouldn’t worry. Keep an eye on it and in a few years you can take medication that should work to stop it. Sorry you’re dealing with this worry at the age of 14. You should be enjoying your hair not worrying about losing it.

HLV

Timothy Q

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it weird that my hairline starts behind my ears? In the Norwood scale theres always hair there even if they have gone completely bald.

Attachments

• 9484918B-B9C3-4E61-A028-06DA875C9417.jpeg
    9484918B-B9C3-4E61-A028-06DA875C9417.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 413

rorschach4586

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's quite unlikely that you are balding at 14 bro, you look fine.
Don't start with the "hairloss" paranoia while being just a kid, enjoy life.

And if you find out that you are balding in a future when you are an adult, I think that by then there will be better, harmless and more effective treatments to fight it ;)

Timothy Q

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know its unlikely but i do think i am balding and some people that saw the pictures weren’t sure about receding or maturing. I really want to enjoy life but this thought of going bald kind of haunts me .

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what a dermatologist can do for you at your age, but still I would see one in case there is something they can do. Your hairline does seem abnormal on the temples and sides for your age to me. An expert opinion could help

Timothy Q

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always see people that are bald with hair on the sides of their face just like in the last norwood stages but my hairline seems to be dissapearing there does that mean anything?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kid you're not balding - not even close. That hairline of yours is just what you've been born with. The fact you still have those short baby hairs in your temples (NW0) tells me you're not balding.

Even if you start balding at 18-20 you'll be fine. Cell based treatments are literally being marketed as of current. You're safe.

Go climb a tree or something and enjoy your life.

Timothy Q

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just checked out the childrens hair loss guide (im not sure if it applies to me) and i was wondering if i might have Trichotillomania. Sometimes i pull out some hairs intentionally but without reason and I think the receding parts can be considered unfinished.

Timothy Q

My Regimen
Reaction score
In a few weeks i’ll be going in vacation where i’ll spend most of my time in a pool, are there any ways to hide the balding i might or might not have while swimming?

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it weird that my hairline starts behind my ears? In the Norwood scale theres always hair there even if they have gone completely bald.

I can clearly see that there is an area of discrepant thickness in this picture, as well as the one you posted in post #15.

What it is, I don't know.

There are really two types of hereditary hairloss, one is "diffuse" where you thin all over the top until nothing is left except what is on the sides and backs, and then there is the receding type where it start on the hairline and temples and pushes gradually back. You may have this, you may not.

There are a number of health conditions that cause hair loss and I believe a dermatologist is the best place to go as they are well versed in hair loss in general, but particularly hair loss due to health conditions/ scalp conditions.

There are really only two recognised treatments currently if it is hereditary.

Minoxidil which is a topical product you apply to the thinning areas which I think a kid 'could' take, and finasteride which is a drug which pretty much zaps your bodies ability to make the type of testosterone that contributes to hair loss, but is obviously not safe for someone in puberty, or really anywhere near it.

So minoxidil could be an option for you worst case scenario if a derm identified it as hereditary hair loss, and then you could consider finasteride at 18/19 which is effective in most people for stopping the hair loss, and in some even regrowing, so all hope is not lost in that event.

As far as being too embarrassed to talk to your parents about it. I'm sure they care about you a lot and if you let them know how much it's troubling you they will probably be able to see it from your side of things soon enough and want to help you be as happy as possible. Pretty much all parents (except the pathological .0001% that end up in the news for sick sh*t) are really protective of their children and want the best for them always and love them loads even if they don't show it and you don't think it.

I know it is so daunting and embarrassing talking about it to anyone really, especially the thought of going and seeing a stranger (dermatologist) to talk about it, but believe me, medical practitioners have literally seen EVERYTHING, and a young kid worried about hair loss who he may even confirm to have some is not something they will give a second thought to, at least not in a negative way, in fact they will probably be really keen to help you.

When I had just turned 19 I realised I had diffuse hair loss myself and I was so embarrassed about it, but if I could tell the me of back then anything now, I would say no medical practitioner is going to judge you or bat an eyelid, but a good one will be really interested to help you as much as they can.

In saying that it might be nothing, but I do agree there looks to be a discrepant patch of thickness on the sides in the pics you posted.

You might also have a hard time convincing your parents if they are anything like the people on here so you might want to find some 'before' pictures if you can too!

Good luck bro!

Timothy Q

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this look like crown balding? I’ll try to go to a dermatologist as soon as possible but I thought it might be a good idea to take all the “tests” before going.

Attachments

• 07B19BEF-1F94-47EF-A74A-A0070E0FDD32.jpeg
    07B19BEF-1F94-47EF-A74A-A0070E0FDD32.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 284

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this look like crown balding? I’ll try to go to a dermatologist as soon as possible but I thought it might be a good idea to take all the “tests” before going.

You. are. not. f*****g. balding.

You're just another kid with OCD coming onto this forum.