Please Advise . Pics Included . Will I Be Able To Regrow ?

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I receive a bashing on this site as people used to say I wasn't balding and it was in my head . Recent pics show that I wasn't making it up and I am thinning .

I was on 0.25mg propecia daily since Feb but continued losing hair and noticed an increase in shedding so jumped on to 0.5mg daily three weeks ago .

Not noticing as much shedding . Hairline seems to be getting worse but the recent crown loss was most surprising !

Took photos in same lighting . Age 30

Any hope of regrowing the crown if I stick at 0.5mg?

Attachments

• IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 786
  • IMG_1406.JPG
    IMG_1406.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_1409.JPG
    IMG_1409.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:

Matt65

My Regimen
Reaction score
I receive a bashing on this site as people used to say I wasn't balding and it was in my head . Recent pics show that I wasn't making it up and I am thinning .

I was on 0.25mg propecia daily since Feb but continued losing hair and noticed an increase in shedding so jumped on to 0.5mg daily three weeks ago .

Not noticing as much shedding . Hairline seems to be getting worse but the recent crown loss was most surprising !

Took photos in same lighting . Age 30

Any hope of regrowing the crown if I stick at 0.5mg?
Your hairline looks fine to me. Crown could just be the lighting

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair loss looks like me..i started finasteride 1.5 months ago..ben no results..still spilling like crazy, at least i will give one year time in finasteride and report its progress

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know you're freaking out, but for a 30 year old you hair looks fine.

Finasteride is very unlikely to grow any hair, you may have chance with minoxidil.

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Finasteride is very unlikely to grow any hair, you may have chance with minoxidil.
I'm still losing though .

I thought I read somewhere propecia can regrow at the crown ?

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

recent pics show that you have BDD. relax and live your life, friend.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm still losing though .

I thought I read somewhere propecia can regrow at the crown ?

No it won't, finasteride is an inhibitor and inhibtors don't cause regrowth. As I said, you hair is fine for a 30 year old. Learn to live with what you have got because otherwise it is going to take over your life.

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it won't, finasteride is an inhibitor and inhibtors don't cause regrowth. As I said, you hair is fine for a 30 year old. Learn to live with what you have got because otherwise it is going to take over your life.
Ah I see. It seems I'm still losing hair at the mo.

I would like to fill in the crown .

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score

How about the success story with just finasteride here? I hope they are right.

Walt White

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no expert but if you really want to see if you're losing hair, you'll have to cut your hair really short. Not trying to prank you. I recently noticed it. My cousin has a full head of hair well into his 40s. And I thought he had absolutely no loss. But then recently he shaved his head and the thinning on the crown area was surprisingly evident. If you're worried about hair loss, finasteride will definitely help. However, I think you need at least 1 mg for it to be effective. You can try reducing your scalp DHT with 2% ketoconazole shampoo twice a week. Combine both and I'm confident your hair loss will stop completely.

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no expert but if you really want to see if you're losing hair, you'll have to cut your hair really short. Not trying to prank you. I recently noticed it. My cousin has a full head of hair well into his 40s. And I thought he had absolutely no loss. But then recently he shaved his head and the thinning on the crown area was surprisingly evident. If you're worried about hair loss, finasteride will definitely help. However, I think you need at least 1 mg for it to be effective. You can try reducing your scalp DHT with 2% ketoconazole shampoo twice a week. Combine both and I'm confident your hair loss will stop completely.
Thanks for the response . I can't take over 0.5mg otherwise the sides are unbearable.

I read that 0.5mg is almost as good as the 1mg

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is that BDD? I bet if he were to cut his hair short one can see the thinning. It's just early stages most likely. Not everyone starts with NW3 lol

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why have you laughed at the post? Or has the sarcasm been lost on me ??

I laughed at the "if you used both nizoral and finasteride and I am confident your hair loss will stop completely." It's a bunch of crap.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I see early stages of hairloss, evident crown thinning/irritation as it's all red there, probably inflammation.

No one can tell you what you will or won't regrow, the only way to know is to take finasteride for a year, .5 should be enough to maintain at your age and status that's success in itself.

Don't mind the salty board members, I guess their hair is blocking their vision.... oh wait they're all nw3+, that can't be right ;)

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
I laughed at the "if you used both nizoral and finasteride and I am confident your hair loss will stop completely." It's a bunch of crap.
So do you think finasteride is nonsense? Sorry in advance because i also read some back growth with finasteride.