Pleasantly Suprised With Topical Ramatroban So Far

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Chimac07 Thanks for sharing your experience, I’m getting ready to jump on rama as well. Is your shedding still stabilized on rama?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back to Japan next year, count me in to rama!

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
My apologies, I’ve been dealing with work related stress, and at the end of the day o honestly have been drained where I couldn’t even muster up the energy to post a simple update. I haven’t even shipped anyone’s seti that asked for some and that’s my bad! I’m catching up with my personal stuff now that the holiday is approaching. Will get it out ASAP.

As far as Rama, I really can’t explain what’s going on. I am a*** when it comes to counting fallen hairs. My rama observations have remained the same, that hair fall rate has significantly dropped, increases when I miss a dose. But, my hair is still thinning noticeley at the same rate, if that makes any sense.

Counting hair fall, I think it’s cut it AT LEAST in half. But looking in the mirror and running my hand through my hair, the thinning rate is still constant as it’s been prior to Rama. Yes it’s not exact science, but I pay attention to every detail so I feel I judge well on my own results.

1 month conclusion, I have no idea lmao.... one things for sure, it has significantly dropped the hairs I can count by at least 50%. Maybe others who try it can get better input. In Rama’s defense, this month I’ve been under a more significant amount of stress and my diet is gone to sh*t due to that as well.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
My apologies, I’ve been dealing with work related stress, and at the end of the day o honestly have been drained where I couldn’t even muster up the energy to post a simple update. I haven’t even shipped anyone’s seti that asked for some and that’s my bad! I’m catching up with my personal stuff now that the holiday is approaching. Will get it out ASAP.

As far as Rama, I really can’t explain what’s going on. I am a*** when it comes to counting fallen hairs. My rama observations have remained the same, that hair fall rate has significantly dropped, increases when I miss a dose. But, my hair is still thinning noticeley at the same rate, if that makes any sense.

Counting hair fall, I think it’s cut it AT LEAST in half. But looking in the mirror and running my hand through my hair, the thinning rate is still constant as it’s been prior to Rama. Yes it’s not exact science, but I pay attention to every detail so I feel I judge well on my own results.

1 month conclusion, I have no idea lmao.... one things for sure, it has significantly dropped the hairs I can count by at least 50%. Maybe others who try it can get better input. In Rama’s defense, this month I’ve been under a more significant amount of stress and my diet is gone to sh*t due to that as well.

Cool that you're trying ramatroban. I don't know that much about it. But personally just in a general sense, I have found hair fall counts to be very unhelpful for a couple of reasons.

As an example, over the first month I started on oral minoxidil I had a massive telogen effluvium. Concurrent with that, I also got a lot of new hairs at my corners and temples, many of which were not even velus hairs, but slightly miniaturized real hair. The point is I had a lot of regrowth while I was also shedding massively.

If one were to be overly simplistic, based on hair fall counts, it would be easy to falsely conclude I was losing ground during this time.

I know Telogen Effluvium is a very particular circumstance but I think this holds in general. If you are using a treatment which accelerates the growth of you hair in general, then in general you will notice increased hair fall counts, as you will simply have more hair and it will cycle more overall.

I have always had very fast growing hair. I think I grow up to an inch or more a month when my hair is healthy and properly treated, where the average is like 1/2 an inch. As a result, even when I was a teenager, I used to shed hair like crazy. And that was when I wasn't balding at all.

So my point is I don't think you can directly correlate hair shedding rates with effectiveness of a treatment. Sometimes shedding more means you are actually responding better. I think unfortunately the only thing that you can use to judge a treatment by is the appearance of your hairline and hair density.

Three months is probably the soonest you can fairly assess this, with 6-12 months being most fair. But for my part over the past 2 months with aggressive androgen blockade and minoxidil I was experiencing clear growth within even a few weeks of starting. So on an adequate regimen getting results quickly is not impossible.

I don't mean to be too discouraging, but rather I think it's important to point out - in my opinion don't be too side tracked by what you see in terms of shedding. Focus on the hair appearance, hair line, and hair density. And if you're not getting clear improvements in a few months, perhaps you might want to jump ship and try something else.

Ramatroban I think will suffer from the same weakness as other downstream approaches like seti. I'm not optimistic they will create massive positive results for anyone, though I'm happy if time proves my skepticism wrong.

Good luck.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool that you're trying ramatroban. I don't know that much about it. But personally just in a general sense, I have found hair fall counts to be very unhelpful for a couple of reasons.

As an example, over the first month I started on oral minoxidil I had a massive telogen effluvium. Concurrent with that, I also got a lot of new hairs at my corners and temples, many of which were not even velus hairs, but slightly miniaturized real hair. The point is I had a lot of regrowth while I was also shedding massively.

If one were to be overly simplistic, based on hair fall counts, it would be easy to falsely conclude I was losing ground during this time.

I know Telogen Effluvium is a very particular circumstance but I think this holds in general. If you are using a treatment which accelerates the growth of you hair in general, then in general you will notice increased hair fall counts, as you will simply have more hair and it will cycle more overall.

I have always had very fast growing hair. I think I grow up to an inch or more a month when my hair is healthy and properly treated, where the average is like 1/2 an inch. As a result, even when I was a teenager, I used to shed hair like crazy. And that was when I wasn't balding at all.

So my point is I don't think you can directly correlate hair shedding rates with effectiveness of a treatment. Sometimes shedding more means you are actually responding better. I think unfortunately the only thing that you can use to judge a treatment by is the appearance of your hairline and hair density.

Three months is probably the soonest you can fairly assess this, with 6-12 months being most fair. But for my part over the past 2 months with aggressive androgen blockade and minoxidil I was experiencing clear growth within even a few weeks of starting. So on an adequate regimen getting results quickly is not impossible.

I don't mean to be too discouraging, but rather I think it's important to point out - in my opinion don't be too side tracked by what you see in terms of shedding. Focus on the hair appearance, hair line, and hair density. And if you're not getting clear improvements in a few months, perhaps you might want to jump ship and try something else.

Ramatroban I think will suffer from the same weakness as other downstream approaches like seti. I'm not optimistic they will create massive positive results for anyone, though I'm happy if time proves my skepticism wrong.

Good luck.

Even if it doesn't give regrowth, if it halt hair loss, it's good. No matter what, we need PTGDS/CRTH2 to be blocked since it inhibits hair neogenesis/hair growth.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if it doesn't give regrowth, if it halt hair loss, it's good. No matter what, we need PTGDS/CRTH2 to be blocked since it inhibits hair neogenesis/hair growth.

Yeah, sort of. I mean in theory if you adequately block the androgen receptor I don't think it's necessary at all, since by nature of blocking the androgen receptor, the entire androgenic inflammatory cascade which causes hair loss is aborted. A common topical growth stimulant like minoxidil will then be free to do its thing uninhibited and growth/neogenesis can proceed at whatever rate your scalp permits.

Also I still think topical cetirizine/desloratadine will inhibit the downstream PGD2 cascade better with a broader mechanism of action while being cheaper and safer, but I won't belabor any of this further because I don't want to derail another thread over it. I already did that to westonci with his setipiprant thread once and I felt bad about it so I won't do it again. This is the last post I'll make ITT out of respect for people who want to try these approaches.

Almost all experimentation has value whether it works or not. Just my opinion.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Good luck.

If being on hair loss treatments for over five years has taught me anything its that shedding and hair fail, and to some extent the itching that people experience, can be indicative of hair loss or regrowth. Often, periods of regrowth have coincided with increased shedding for me. The only way to know for sure really is to stick to a treatment for at least six months and to monitor your progress.

I acknowledge that the severe itching and imflammation that some people experience is probably a sign of hair loss and of things getting worse. However, i do not think that a mild itch is neccessarily a bad thing. For example, after dermarolling, i tend to get dry and itchy scalp for a few days as the skin regenerates. I also remember having some quite significant itching years ago when i experienced significant regrowth after starting oral min and oral spironolactone. What people also need to bear in mind is that use of several ethanol based topicals will dry the scalp and could cause itching. This does not neccessarily mean that hair follices are 'under attack'.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, sort of. I mean in theory if you adequately block the androgen receptor I don't think it's necessary at all, since by nature of blocking the androgen receptor, the entire androgenic inflammatory cascade which causes hair loss is aborted. A common topical growth stimulant like minoxidil will then be free to do its thing uninhibited and growth/neogenesis can proceed at whatever rate your scalp permits.

Also I still think topical cetirizine/desloratadine will inhibit the downstream PGD2 cascade better with a broader mechanism of action while being cheaper and safer, but I won't belabor any of this further because I don't want to derail another thread over it. I already did that to westonci with his setipiprant thread once and I felt bad about it so I won't do it again. This is the last post I'll make ITT out of respect for people who want to try these approaches.

Almost all experimentation has value whether it works or not. Just my opinion.

I understand, but there is still the sides profil of androgen blockers. CRTH2 antagonist are safer in comparaison.

And actually PGD2 is anti angiogenesis, so cut the blood flow of the HF. And I suspect this to have a big impact on the sucess rate of a treatment.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Biologically speaking, how in the hell is it possible to reduce hair shed in seven days? Every hair that falls out was destined to do so THREE months ago!! I am glad you are excited man, and it may work... but for now, it's all in your head.
I am a woman so there a many factors that make things different here, but I can account for myself that the “3-4 month” thing isn’t necessarily true. Before I started taking Diane-35 for my failing female sex hormones, I did used to get a period occasionally. On the week of, I observed INTENSE shedding, which would return to its usual rate when estrogen levels rose again after the week. There have also been cases where I have accidentally pissed a day of taking the pill, and the next day, my shed would be up lots! I think shedding depends on follicle sensitivity to change, whether that be hormonal or chemical. I shed very soon after starting most things. It was 2 weeks after starting minoxidil, it was 3 days after starting avodart, 2 weeks after starting spironolactone, INSTANTLY whenever I use nizoral shampoo, and as I say, whenever I have had a drop in estrogen. I also found when I have tinkered with saw palmetto in high doses of 300mg+, I have shed after 1–2 weeks. I also have a recurring shed problem on minoxidil. I beleive that everyones sheds are individual and due to their own genetics and biochemistry.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Good luck.
This is the same experience I have with oral minoxidil. Regrowth is insane around the hairline but the sheds are nutso plus they returns every few months. Talk about a f*****g catch 22, f*** our lives!

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Good luck.
You still on oral minoxidil by the way?

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick Summary:

PS, I got about 90g of seti ill give away. Im dead serious, I cant use that sh*t. Ill probably give like 15g per person for those on the wall about seti, and curious to try it. I love my hair but the sides were worse than finasteride. EVeryone's body is different, so everyone will experience different sides and at varying degrees. The same can be said for what works for one person, wont work for another.

Are you still giving this away? I'd love to try it

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
You still on oral minoxidil by the way?

I f*****g hate minoxidil with a passion. I can't say it enough. I get a good response to it but I also get horrible side effects. I look so f*****g haggard on it.

So the answer is sort of. Most days I try not to take it. Some days I think "I NEED MORE HAIR FASTER" and then I pop a pill or two or three or four.

I feel like a minoxidil junkie taking my next hit.

I'm not regular at all on it at this point, though I still use the topical regularly. Will stop once I hit NW1. (If I hit NW1.)

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I f*****g hate minoxidil with a passion. I can't say it enough. I get a good response to it but I also get horrible side effects. I look so f*****g haggard on it.

So the answer is sort of. Most days I try not to take it. Some days I think "I NEED MORE HAIR FASTER" and then I pop a pill or two or three or four.

I'm not regular at all on it at this point, though I still use the topical regularly. Will stop once I hit NW1. (If I hit NW1.)
I have heard similarly accounts of skin being effected by minoxidil from @countjulian
I feel as though it has an adverse effect on male skin again, because of the lack of female hormone which nourishes and promotes tissue regenerstion and growth (why preggo ladies have such amazing skin).

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard similarly accounts of skin being effected by minoxidil from @countjulian
I feel as though it has an adverse effect on male skin again, because of the lack of female hormone which nourishes and promotes tissue regenerstion and growth (why preggo ladies have such amazing skin).

On the German forum they advised me to counter it with DHEA cream, which would basically jives with your idea. You're one smart cookie

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the German forum they advised me to counter it with DHEA cream, which would basically jives with your idea. You're one smart cookie
After being totally screwed over by estrogen, I know EXACTLY what sort of power female hormones have. I always suspect these things when integumentary issues crop up .