[pics] Age 16 Minoxidil Aged Me 20 Years

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil can be the cause, and it cant be as well. I am on minoxidil for 11 months, no sides at all.

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
20 years?:rolleyes:
The classic distorted self perception of BDD and OCD.

Bad news is that you were never "so good looking", that's just an idealization you have of your former confident self. I don't mean that in a mean way you are not bad but that's a crazy comparison you have in your head from "so good looking" to "Frankestein". The good news is you look exactly the same. Maybe a year older. Only difference I see is lighting or maybe a filter.

BDD and obsessive thoughts distorts peoples views. I wouldn't be surprised if you tuned out the positive feedback you've gotten and just focused on some dumb jokes your friends are probably saying because they think you seem less confident.

Anyway, you don't need minoxidil and I seriously doubt it did anything to your face.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't see much of a difference, just looks like different lighting to me. If you really believe your skin isn't as radiant try vitamin c serum or retin-a, easier to buy vitamin c serum than get your hands on retin-a though. Good luck.

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
You seem angry that I was pulling women before you even lost your virginity. Perhaps I could recommend stopping Minoxidil so women aren’t so disgusted by your looks?
I lost my virginity before you were born but it's irrelevant.

Keep melting down though. I was actually trying to give you good advice. Snap out of this crazy world where your face has changed to any differing degree to others in a years time. You got bit older. The pic was probably under less flattering conditions. The aging process is going to kick your *** unless you grow some balls.

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Calm down Screech

You look exactly a year older like you just hit puberty

AdeL2cu.jpg

I see no wrinkles at all. A couple acne scars maybe. You need to see a psychiatrist.

You have OCD or BDD.

Be rational for a minute, you say you looked 17 in the first pic, you think 37 is an honest assessment for the second?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh my f*****g god I was diagnosed. By a doctor. Who’s studying medicine and dermatology for years and knows what he’s talking about. WAY better than you do.

He said my skin elasticity was significantly below average for my age and would reconsider minoxidil prescriptions for people below 18.

MINOXIDIL CAUSES WRINKLES AND PREMATURE AGING. ACCEPT IT.

https://imgur.com/qoFmcQu
giphy.gif

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh my f*****g god I was diagnosed. By a doctor. Who’s studying medicine and dermatology for years and knows what he’s talking about. WAY better than you do.

Then maybe stick to getting advice from your doctor instead and not coming on here asking for advice?

To be honest it just sounds like you’re understandably offended by his comment about you not being incredibly good looking.

HLV

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As much as the lighting could mater in those pics it's well known and a lot of people reported over the years since it was first used, that it has an effect on the skin... In what manner or how it affects every individual nobody knows and nobody here will believe you anyways... Most of this guys that answer rudely and dismissing every possibility are the same ones that won't admit they have sides on this drugs because they are really desperate in keeping they hair and would accept a lot of things for it... They will put everything that comes, from normal aging to absolutely anything in front of thinking that the drug they are taking could actually be the cause..

It did something to my face and skin also, i can't blame it totally on minoxidil because indeed the normal process of aging, what are you eating, how are you resting and your whole lifestyle has a saying in this also, but as soon as i stopped i started noticing a difference, from the bloated eyes and circles that were formed under them, to the quality of the skin that improved, to less body hair and a normal heart rate that was actually monitored since i started and still monitored after the stoppage of the treatment !

Your the only one who knows you and your body the best and don't let this psychos discourage you in thinking otherwise because they actually don't give a sh*t if something happens to you or if it's really minoxidil the cause of your problems...
What i suggest since your not balding anyways and it's true that you might have some BDD in the first place since you started a hair loss treatment without having any hair loss in the first place, but i suggest in stopping it and giving it a couple of months without it and see how it goes... If the skin reverts to normal than it's clear what the cause was and i don't think you will need others to confirm it !

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
As much as the lighting could mater in those pics it's well known and a lot of people reported over the years since it was first used, that it has an effect on the skin... In what manner or how it affects every individual nobody knows and nobody here will believe you anyways... Most of this guys that answer rudely and dismissing every possibility are the same ones that won't admit they have sides on this drugs because they are really desperate in keeping they hair and would accept a lot of things for it... They will put everything that comes, from normal aging to absolutely anything in front of thinking that the drug they are taking could actually be the cause..

It did something to my face and skin also, i can't blame it totally on minoxidil because indeed the normal process of aging, what are you eating, how are you resting and your whole lifestyle has a saying in this also, but as soon as i stopped i started noticing a difference, from the bloated eyes and circles that were formed under them, to the quality of the skin that improved, to less body hair and a normal heart rate that was actually monitored since i started and still monitored after the stoppage of the treatment !

Your the only one who knows you and your body the best and don't let this psychos discourage you in thinking otherwise because they actually don't give a sh*t if something happens to you or if it's really minoxidil the cause of your problems...
What i suggest since your not balding anyways and it's true that you might have some BDD in the first place since you started a hair loss treatment without having any hair loss in the first place, but i suggest in stopping it and giving it a couple of months without it and see how it goes... If the skin reverts to normal than it's clear what the cause was and i don't think you will need others to confirm it !
I think calling us psychos given the OP is a bit of a stretch pal.

I've seen people who have legitiimately lost collagen or fat in their skin from "medical devices" and it isn't a "well I might look the same but maybe slightly different"! type reactions viewers will see. They become significantly cosmetically deformed.

Their fat or collagen loss is never equal and it turns them into melted face looking meth heads.

You encouraging this guy who literally believes he aged 20 years between these pics is living in his fairyland with him.

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think calling us psychos given the OP is a bit of a stretch pal.

I've seen people who have legitiimately lost collagen or fat in their skin from "medical devices" and it isn't a "well I might look the same but maybe slightly different"! type reactions viewers will see. They become significantly cosmetically deformed.

Their fat or collagen loss is never equal and it turns them into melted face looking meth heads.

You encouraging this guy who literally believes he aged 20 years between these pics is living in his fairyland with him.

As i said in my comment there is an overall combination of factors besides what minoxidil can do.. And i'm not encouraging his over exaggeration of 20 years of aging from 1 year of minoxidil... What did i notice also is that it can make some skins develop some kind of acne or maybe your skin is predisposed to minoxidil i don't know exactly but it happened to me also and i never had a problem or acne in my life and the whole period of usage of it i developed some kind of acneic skin and pimples all over the place, besides other sides that i got from it... And it was a f*****g 5% foam that i used for a couple of months... And i used minoxidil 2 years ago, the liquid one and i had the same reaction to it.. Bad skin, especially on the face, under the eyes, a lot of body hair growth, irregular and fast heart beat, irregular tension, bloated eyes and face and fatigue every morning after a night spent with that sh*t on my head...

And as i said lifestyle also has a part in this but it was not the case for me since i started developing all the things mentioned above right after a month of minoxidil usage, without any lifestyle changes of any kind... Everybody is different, everybody reacts differently and a period even i thought that this is the way it's supposed to be and that maybe i'm paranoid or maybe i'm tired or whatever reason i could find to dismiss minoxidil being actually the culprit... This until i decided to stop it because my hair degraded also in a way that i never thought it will, my hair loss being very slow since it started when i was 22-23 years or something like that...Since i stopped it, like the first time also, everything started to come back to normal, from body hair growth, heart rate, tension, skin and most importantly the hair started to come back to it's natural state even if i did not grow back what i have lost during the shedding period induced by minoxidil, and this happened the first time also but i wanted to give it a try along with Dermarolling since i saw some nice results here on the thread that it's dedicated to it...

Maybe for some it works, maybe some really don't get sides but i'm sure also that a lot of people don't really notice them because they are not that bad or maybe because they think it's because of the normal process of aging and whatever reasons people find when they are taking any kind of treatments that come with this kind of sides.. And this is valid for finasteride also, at least this is my opinion ! From my experience in the med school and from all the doctors i had and have near me, including my parents, there is no treatment in this world that does not have some sides and most people actually get them, even if they refuse to admit it, or even if they don't notice them or just accept them because the benefits are better than the upside of them !

When i see people after 10 years of Propecia for example saying that they did not have any sides and that all it's ok i wonder and ask myself : "how could you possibly know, if you did not had a day without the pill in the last 10 years ? " How could somebody possibly know how their life or body would have been without taking any drugs in the first place ? The fact that the body adapts and people just move on and get used to that does not equal to not having sides or being "ok", they are acceptable i think and don't interfere that much with your well being and current lifestyle, especially that it supposed to help you keep your hair... From my experience and information that i have and gathered my opinion is that almost everybody gets some sort of sides from this treatments and not only but especially from the hormonal altering ones, but this is only my anecdotal opinion, maybe i'm wrong who knows !

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no need to argue, nobody knows best except you because it's your body and your experience.. People are only saying their opinions and we don't have to agree with them... I saw so many posts lately from people who are getting sides from hormonal treatments and 99% of people are saying that it's in their heads, even if they don't know the individual, his history, medical history, sexual one, etc... It's easy just to drop a comment with your opinion but that does not mean it's true also...

Even sun screen for f*** sakes has sides and can damage the skin with time and maybe get skin cancer from it, but it's more dangerous to get it from the sun so guess what, you don't have other options... And if 100 million people tolerate it and get only benefits from it, there could always be 100, 1000 who won't and the 100 million will talk sh*t on those 100, 1000 because there are a lot more who benefit from the product and that can't comprehend that it could actually happen because it did not happen to them...

And this is the case for the majority of things, people smoke and die of cancer every minute every day and there's always that ignorant shithead that says that line : " My grandma smoked until 90 and she was fine "....

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no need to argue, nobody knows best except you because it's your body and your experience.. People are only saying their opinions and we don't have to agree with them... I saw so many posts lately from people who are getting sides from hormonal treatments and 99% of people are saying that it's in their heads, even if they don't know the individual, his history, medical history, sexual one, etc... It's easy just to drop a comment with your opinion but that does not mean it's true also...

Even sun screen for f*** sakes has sides and can damage the skin with time and maybe get skin cancer from it, but it's more dangerous to get it from the sun so guess what, you don't have other options... And if 100 million people tolerate it and get only benefits from it, there could always be 100, 1000 who won't and the 100 million will talk sh*t on those 100, 1000 because there are a lot more who benefit from the product and that can't comprehend that it could actually happen because it did not happen to them...

And this is the case for the majority of things, people smoke and die of cancer every minute every day and there's always that ignorant shithead that says that line : " My grandma smoked until 90 and she was fine "....
Not a single clinical trial has observed premature aging from minoxidil, so don't go comparing that with smoking mate. U are right that most drugs have a risk/reward, but minoxidil does not cause premature aging.

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a single clinical trial has observed premature aging from minoxidil, so don't go comparing that with smoking mate. U are right that most drugs have a risk/reward, but minoxidil does not cause premature aging.

I don't even think i can call it premature aging i just think it damages the skin in some people and differently depending on the individual... And i hope you know and understand how clinical trials are conducted, they need financing and a lot of time, people, etc ... You need to take with a grain of salt every trial and study made because most of them have hidden interest financing and a lot of many other things that are not shown or known by the public, i hope you understand that...
Some people committed suicide after taking Propecia and nobody studied it and blamed it on their pre-existing mental illnesses that nobody can prove they had it in the first place... And i can keep it until we die if i take all the drugs and medicine that is in this world.. Let's not forget about VIOXX, let's not forget about OXYCONTIN that gives more addiction than cocaine and that kills hundred of people yearly in the US and that all their manufacturers deny every argument or study or warning and show to the public only what they want the public to see..
You can call it conspiracy or whatever you like, but the truth is always somewhere in the middle and i learned the hard way that i need to trust my instincts more than some studies financed by people who want only money and that won't give a f*** if you die tomorrow because of the product they are selling, especially when it comes to medicine... They can tell that you were predisposed genetically and that you died because of your fault, you were not strong enough and so on... And i believe you understand that once you accepted the prescription and have read the leaflet they are absolved of any guild if anything actually happens to you, nor the doctors or manufacturer are gonna be held responsible regardless of what it's gonna happen to you !
And i know one thing also that it's more than enough for me to stay away from drugs and that is the fact that our body is not made to ingest pills, smoke and most of the sh*t we are ingesting this days, it will always fight back and even if it tries to adapt it will never function at it's full capacity when we are taking this drugs and many others shits that we ingest daily... But they have their good sides also, because there are people in this world who would have died without some of them, so i think that until or except your life depends on taking a pill for the rest of your life, you should never take it... But as i said, this is only my opinion, we don't need to agree on it !

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the understanding comment. I care here for advice and to provide evidence of minoxidil’s aging effects. I’ve seen some people say that Minoxidil doesn’t cause aging when it clearly does.

I got on minoxidil after a (different) doctor prescribed it to me. I lost a lot of hair after a surgery, it was thin as f*** and I had spots with no hair. The minoxidil regrew the hair quick enough before school but I didn’t know it would have this side effect.

I’m getting on Tretinoin soon, hoping that will make my skin bounce back. I’m also ordering a red Light Therapy lamp, aloe vera, vitamin c serum, and collagen powder. I will overcome this issue.

If your going to use tretinoin, don't apply it under your eyes, skin is too thin and it can damage it and cause wrinkles to form. That's what happened to me and im still trying to get rid of them.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Either way, u have not aged 20
If your going to use tretinoin, don't apply it under your eyes, skin is too thin and it can damage it and cause wrinkles to form. That's what happened to me and im still trying to get rid of them.
source.gif

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

He said my skin elasticity was significantly below average for my age and would reconsider minoxidil prescriptions for people below 18.

MINOXIDIL CAUSES WRINKLES AND PREMATURE AGING. ACCEPT IT.

https://imgur.com/qoFmcQu
Can really relate to that sh*t, was also on minoxidil and one day looking in the mirror, damn looked 10 years older, got off the sh*t och strted looking normal after a while again, its several years ago but looks way younger now than when I was on that sh*t. But I use rosemary oil instead now, and lyckily hasnt lost ground. Glad I read the article on ncbi about rosemary outperforming minoxidil.